EBTM07: Accomodation - group deal cancelled

Forum to discuss all the international EBT-Meeting topics

Moderators: Crazy Bob, eddydevries, philgelico, Raumi, MDeen, Jackgaillard, Ludwigsfeld, Aatos99, lmviterbo

helloggs
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

EBTM07: Accomodation - group deal cancelled

Post by helloggs »

Please note that this offer had to be cancelled, see here

As you can imagine it is not that easy to find a good hotel in the city you live in, so after examining some options I figured that the hotel milles66 already booked actually offers the best deal.

The Hotel:
The *** Citylight Hotel is situated in the district Wedding (check out the exact location on the city map) While it is not exactly one of Berlin's nicest neighbourhoods, it is just a 5 min walk (tested by myself today :wink:) away from the Gesundbrunnen station which offers quite convenient rides to Alexanderplatz (7 min), Friedrichstr. (8 min) and Zoologischer Garten/Kurfürstendamm (15 min). There are also some long-distance trains that stop there, such as the ICE from Munich/Leipzig and some IC from Düsseldorf. Travel time from Airport Tegel is about 22 minutes. There is also a big mall next to the station with a supermarket.
The hotel looks quite neat, the two rooms that I was allowed to inspect today are not overly spaceous, but acceptable. One was a simple double room with one double bed, the other had a double bed and something like this and could accomodate 4 people. They are all non-smokers and equipped with a small TV set and Wlan (and of course a bathroom..)
Wlan is expensive, as usual, but there are three internet desks in the lobby which allow surfing for 1 € per 30 min. Free parking is available, though only limited on the compound, but it should not be difficult to find a place on the street. Late check-in is no problem, as they have a 24h reception desk, but it is appreciated if you let them know in advance.

The prices:
Can be seen here. We need at least 15 people to get the group discount, but we are allowed to occupy different types of rooms (e.g. two people in single rooms, 10 in double rooms and maybe 4 in 4-bed-rooms)

31,50€/night for the double room
41,50€/night for a single room
(including all-you-can-eat breakfast buffet)

There was a slight misunderstanding, for us only these two options are possible, the 4-6 bed rooms are for students groups only. If you would want to book additional persons into the double room, you'd have to pay 20€/night per person surcharge.

No-show costs/cancellation fees:
6 weeks prior to arrival - free of charge
6 weeks to 22 days prior to arrival - 25%
21 days to 11 days prior to arrival - 35%
10 days to one day prior to arrival - 80%
on the day of arrival - 100%

(If we'd have a group of maybe 16 persons and for example two would cancel, we still would get the discount.)

Now here comes the difficult part:
Of course they want only one person to book the rooms for the whole group to grant the group discount. This means that you'd have to trust me and transfer the money in advance to my account, as I cannot afford to pay for this many people up front (I need money to track :wink:) I will let you know the international account number (IBAN/BIC) - in case we get a sufficient number of participants. Usually it should not be too expensive to transfer money from an EU country. They want at least 10% eight weeks in advance to block the rooms, the full amount is payable four weeks prior to arrival. Refunds are possible if people paid for a single room but just take a double room for instance. It is also not obligatory that the whole group stays the same amount of nights, e.g. if some of you will already leave on Saturday, the rest could stay till Monday on reduced rates. I don't know yet about the no-show costs, I will inquire about that, too. We would also get one person to stay there for free if we book at least 20 persons. :)

She said that there are still plenty of rooms available for our planned date in August, still I think we should confirm this during the next two weeks, rather next weekend.

So if you are interested in joining this, please post in this thread as soon as possible which type of room you would like to book for how many people on which dates.

The list so far (9 people to go):

jenny&me double room, exact dates tbd
hoppa and wife double room, Thursday till Monday (4 nights)
N0W1K single room, Wednesday till Monday (5 nights)
avij single room, Thursday till Monday (4 nights)
Last edited by helloggs on Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:25 am, edited 5 times in total.
jenny&me
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

Post by jenny&me »

simple double room with one double bed :oops:

all the other information will come later :wink:
Last edited by jenny&me on Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hoppa
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by hoppa »

I would like to reserve a double room preferably with a double bed for me and my wife. We should be ariving on thursday and leave on mondaymorning.
regarding the payment, just let me know how and how much I have to pay.(In case we have sufficient participants)
it is better not to say anything and let people doubt if you're stupid; then to speak and take the doubt away. - Mark Twain
helloggs
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by helloggs »

I have added some additional info/correction in red.
Miles66
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Location: K€MP€N -> KR€IS VI€RSEN - NI€D€RRH€IN - NRW - G€RMANY - €UROP€

Re: EBTM07: Accomodation - get the group deal

Post by Miles66 »

I hope this information is not a problem for helloggs ;-)
helloggs wrote:As you can imagine it is not that easy to find a good hotel in the city you live in, so after examining some options I figured that the hotel milles66 already booked actually offers the best deal.

31,50€/night for the double room
41,50€/night for a single room
(including all-you-can-eat breakfast buffet)
No-show costs/cancellation fees:
I booked this hotel with Hotel Reservation Service (31 languages available). The exclusive-price is 40,-€/night single room incl. breakfast. I can cancel this reservation till 18:00h (6:00h pm) the day of arriving (Fr.17.08.) for free! That´s a very nice option if something happens in last second...
After 18:00h and without information the reservation will be cancelled automatically - for free. If I know I arrived later I must inform the hotel directly with call or fax...

Booking about HRS is 40,- € (single-room), double-room 60,- € (30,-€ each).
Perhaps better for directly booking?
Last edited by Miles66 on Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Grüße vom/Greetings from :flag-de: Niederrhein
Dirk

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~ My €BT-Profile: Mil€s66 and my NIG-Stats ~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
helloggs
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by helloggs »

Hehe, sounds good. I did not know that hrs offers deals that good, and I could not be bothered to have a look for some reason. :oops: Of course it is no problem for me at all, it makes life a lot easier if people can book directly and get even a better rate. :)
N0W1K
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by N0W1K »

Helloggs, please book me a single room between 15 and 20 aug.

I'm going to confirm you, if I go the 15th or 16th, during this week

Thanks!!

NOTE: I confirm you the dates 15 to 20th august :D (I bought my air tickets)
Member of the European Association of Eurobilltrackers (A2E)
eddydevries
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by eddydevries »

@Helloggs: When do you need to book the rooms?

I first thought to stay at the youth-hostel (Kluckstrasse, between Kurfürstenstrasse and Tiergarten), but if you need one more for the group-discount I still can join.

But otherwise I prefer the youth-hostel (€24 a night incl. breakfast).
Eddy - Rotterdam - NL
weblog - EBT-stats 24-05-2013 - hits: 1742 +59 triples +1 quadruple = 1802.

Facebook-profile + Geocaching + postcrossing
Prynde
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

Post by Prynde »

Can't seem to find Citylight hotel from hrs page, atleast not with the prices Miles66 said....
Karhut ne vaan käppäilee
wisi
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by wisi »

Prynde wrote:Can't seem to find Citylight hotel from hrs page, atleast not with the prices Miles66 said....
Well, yesterday it was still there and i could book it at that rate. maybe now there are too many bookings for that date via this page now thus it has become unavailable or more expensive there.
helloggs
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by helloggs »

Prynde: Shall I put you on the list then since you can't book directly?

Eddydevries: There is no exact date, I thought about next weekend as a deadline. It is up to you whether you want to book here, at the moment we're far away from 15 people as you can see... :wink:
Prynde
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

Post by Prynde »

after a lot of calculations and checking our savings we think it'll be too expensive to book this hotel :? have to check other options...

Prynde&Titu
Karhut ne vaan käppäilee
grob-e
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Post by grob-e »

eddydevries wrote:But otherwise I prefer the youth-hostel (€24 a night incl. breakfast).
Another cheap hostel would be the "Gästehaus der Dt. Schreberjugend". In August prices will be 20€/night including breakfast if you are under 27 years old and 23,50 € if you are over 27 years old.

:flag-es: http://www.gaestehaus-berlin.de/bienvinido.htm
:flag-nl: http://www.gaestehaus-berlin.de/Holland.htm
:flag-fr: http://www.gaestehaus-berlin.de/Bienvenue.htm
Image http://www.gaestehaus-berlin.de/welcome.htm

Some forummembers (Licht&Feuer, Wisi) already stayed there for the german EBTM06.
Grobi.
- RECTE FACIENDO
- NEMINEM TIMEAS!
“- AUDIATUR ET ALTERA PARS!“
avij
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by avij »

I'd like to reserve a single room from the suggested hotel for 16. - 20.8., ie. from Thursday to Monday.
Money makes the world go round. We track how the money goes round the world.
Prynde
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

Post by Prynde »

I suppose the prices are per person, not per room?
Karhut ne vaan käppäilee

Return to “International EBT-meetings”