Announcements about Eurobilltracker or this forum

Moderators: avij, Phaseolus, eddydevries, claudio vda, dserrano5, Nerzhul

Nerzhul
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

The EBT API

Post by Nerzhul »

Hi,

The EBT API is now available! It allows third party tools to interact with the website easily, e.g. handle logging in and submitting notes.

Simply visit api.eurobilltracker.com for a complete documentation of the available API methods.

If you are a developer and require additional functionality, just contact me by PM and I'll see what I can do.

I would like to encourage all third party tools to migrate to the new API in the next time. The API will remain stable and backwards compatible, the website most likely not.

Regards,
Marko
EBT Webmaster | Author of the EBT-Tool | Dothunter! | EBT News on Twitter
Nerzhul
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Re: The EBT API

Post by Nerzhul »

There are two new API functions available: globalstats_profile_note and globalstats_profile_user which allow you to retrieve public note/user data. See the documentation at api.eurobilltracker.com for details.

Please note that API access via HTTP is now deprecated! Fear not, we will support HTTP for quite a while, but please migrate your apps and clients to HTTPS when possible.

I'd also like to clarify our method versioning scheme. A method will only get a new version if there are changes to the semantics or signature (call parameters you have to provide) or if fields are removed from the output. Specifically, new output fields (e.g. additional user info) won't result in a new version which means you may suddenly get a little more info than expected.

Please plan or adjust your code accordingly. The API JSON output should be fed to a parser library so your program only needs to access object properties. If you're manually parsing for the 15th comma in a string you're most likely doing something wrong.
Nerzhul
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Re: The EBT API

Post by Nerzhul »

There are 3 new API functions available: globalstats_profile_city, globalstats_profile_region and globalstats_profile_country. Use them to retrieve public city/region/country data. See the documentation at api.eurobilltracker.com for details.

Return to “Announcements”