EBT and the forum were unreachable last night

Announcements about Eurobilltracker or this forum

Moderators: avij, Phaseolus, eddydevries, claudio vda, dserrano5, Nerzhul

avij
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

EBT and the forum were unreachable last night

Post by avij »

As quite a few of you may have noticed, EBT and the forum were unavailable last night, from about 21:56:31 to 08:21:19 CEST.

I was busy adjusting some networking settings of the server, when one of the commands unexpectedly caused the server to lose its network connectivity. This should not have happened, I've used the exact same 'ifconfig eth0 mtu 1280' command elsewhere without problems. Based on the CPU load graphs, I suspect I hit some sort of a network driver bug. The friendly guys at our ISP rebooted the server this morning to bring us back online. Before rebooting they took some pics of the console and it showed that there were indeed some sort of problems with the bnx2 driver.

Sorry for the downtime. Now you can enter the notes that you were holding back during this time :)
Money makes the world go round. We track how the money goes round the world.
avij
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: EBT and the forum were unreachable last night

Post by avij »

EBT and the forum were unreachable last night between 03:44 - 08:08 CET (4,4 hours) due to an error in web server's configuration file. The web server process is restarted on Sundays, and due to the error, the web server process didn't start. Sorry about that.
Money makes the world go round. We track how the money goes round the world.

Return to “Announcements”