Announcements about Eurobilltracker or this forum

Moderators: avij, Phaseolus, eddydevries, claudio vda, dserrano5, Nerzhul

EuroBillTracker
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Lat/long info

Post by EuroBillTracker »

Hello,

I have finally found a place to get free lat/long data for countries in europe (the US & Canada was never a problem). If they are complete I will be implementing distance calculations soon.

Here is what is on my list:
- newsletter
- various bug fixes (session not ending very cleanly sometimes, tables messed up in complete lists)
- add little graphics (olivier, I haven't forgotten you !) including to the favorites
- link to a map of the countries in a bill report
- adding a "recover my password" button
- various other TODOs people have sent including ranking by value rather than number of bills, changing the applet by a generated graph using a graphing library in PHP (we could get crazy here !), making better sense of the stats page when you click on a country

What has been going on behind the scenes : getting the domain name displayed on the address bar, PR, translations, making sure the site scales to a lot more users, having a life besides the site ( :!: ) ,etc
EuroBillTracker
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Lat/long info

Post by EuroBillTracker »

EuroBillTracker wrote: If they are complete I will be implementing distance calculations soon.
Ok, so they weren't. So, thanks to Francky, I have another solution which is actually better I think. Who cares about the speed a bill travels ? What matters is what it looks like on the map :)
So... you can now have map of the location based on the zip code. I'll be adding the directions from one place to another soon.
And I don't know what to do about ireland :(

If someone can figure out how to set the zoom factor, I'd be very happy...

Return to “Announcements”