Announcements about Eurobilltracker or this forum

Moderators: avij, Phaseolus, eddydevries, claudio vda, dserrano5, Nerzhul

Nerzhul
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

New features and data policy

Post by Nerzhul »

Hi trackers,

I applied a couple of changes recently, the most significant being the change to the privacy status of hits. All interesting hits are now automatically public.

This shouldn't be much of a problem since hit data in general is public data anyway. So now you won't have to update your profile anytime you get a hit and can explore the hits of lazy or inactive members. You will only be able to see unmoderated hits, likewise only your interesting hits can be seen by others from your profile.

The reason why I changed this is so that now we can implement all kinds of cool features. The obvious (hit listing in city and country profiles) are already there, but I've got a ton of exciting ideas... you will love them! :-)

Nerzhul
EBT Webmaster | Author of the EBT-Tool | Dothunter! | EBT News on Twitter
Nerzhul
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Nerzhul »

I applied some small tweaks to the recent changes. You now have the option to unshare a hit from your profile. By default all interesting hits are public though, so you have to manually apply this change to every new interesting hit you score and don't want to show up in your profile.

The publicity status is reset to "public" every time a hit is found just like the moderation status. You can't share moderated hits.

These changes do not affect the hit listings from city and country profiles, they will show all interesting hits our users managed to score in this location.

In other news, I simplified the note entering process a bit. The "year" field is gone for good (well, until ~2010 or so), which especially affects the advanced form. Imported data must not contain a year field any longer.

I'm also beginning to port some of the advanced features of the note entry form of the EBT-Tool to the advanced form of the EBT website. For now I implemented the autotab feature (requires Javascript) which should save you some keystrokes ;-)
EBT Webmaster | Author of the EBT-Tool | Dothunter! | EBT News on Twitter

Return to “Announcements”