Moderators: Phaseolus, Fons

marty44
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Re: EBTCheck - notes check online - and a few statistics

Post by marty44 »

status update
more detailed shortcode check done for all Europa Z/Z and N/N notes
for S/S also with one exception: for :note-50: S/S only full check up till S048 plate
lmviterbo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by lmviterbo »

marty44 wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 2:33 pmfor S/S also with one exception: for :note-50: S/S only full check up till S048 plate
Do you mean for the first numbering scheme, with serial number's second letters from A to E, right? (That is, no check yet for the second numbering scheme, with second letters from F to M.)

(I am asking because we already know that S045 has this second scheme apart from the first one.)
trezay
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by trezay »

There's a suggestion I'd like to make (after lmviterbo gave me the idea :P), but I honestly have no idea if it would be super easy or totally impossible to implement :oops: Please feel to let me know if it isn't feasible realistically. The French forum has a game (rules in English are here) where the goal is to have as many of your dots as possible grouped in a cluster. Dots are counted as part of the same cluster if their edges touch (dots that "connect" diagonally are not part of the same cluster). Scores are calculated based on the size of your largest cluster and by what percentage of your total dotmap it covers.

At the moment, the only way to compute your points is to open your dotmap and manually count the dots, which can be really time-consuming, especially for big and/or complex dotmaps, like this one. Is it possible for EBTCheck to generate statistics about dots and their locations? If so, would it be able to calculate which dots touch, and what the largest cluster of dots is?
Last edited by trezay on Mon Apr 17, 2023 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
marty44
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Post by marty44 »

puh, this sounds really hard...
first: where are the borders of the dots? And since the Earth is a sphere I don't expect a fixed rule
Also right now ideal howto compute which belongs to a cluster

so right now I would say: sorry, I can't do it. If other programmers are in the forum and have an idea, please contact me
trezay
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by trezay »

Oh well. In any case, thank you for your answer! :wink: I hadn't thought of the problems you mentioned, but it does make sense. I don't think the csv file includes any information about a user's dotmap, so that would all need to be calculated by EBTCheck, which does seem like a lot of work to implement.
marty44 wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 8:55 am If other programmers are in the forum and have an idea, please contact me
If I remember correctly, :flag-de: ernie_hh used to have a website that would "analyze" your dotmap and give you a numerical value for each dot, based on its color (i.e. if the color was halfway between the minimum and maximum colors one the scale, it would give the dot a value of 50%). It didn't do anything related to clusters though, since that game didn't exist yet. I believe the tool needed the url to a user's dotmap for that (not the csv file). Unfortunately, the website is down and ernie_hh has been inactive since 2013 :cry:
marty44
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Post by marty44 »

If someone give me at least the coordinates information behind the grid, then I might have an idea
lmviterbo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by lmviterbo »

If this helps, here are the actual rules, taken from lib_googlemap.js @ my dotmap:

//constants
var dotheight = 0.28;
var dotwidth = 0.4203821656050955414;

//anchors
var minlat = -89.72;
var maxlat = 89.76;
var minlon = -178.89171974522292993630573248395;
var maxlon = 179.69426751592356687898089171965;

(Eight years ago, I suggested a new and better grid, almost equal to the current one, but it was not accepted.)
marty44
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Post by marty44 »

I made some progress and have now a table which hopefully contains all dots of the world map.
Also identifing of dot clusters works.
I would like to draw background boxes in OpenStreetmaps like the EBT Google map (https://de.eurobilltracker.com/map/user ... ;maptype=0)
If anyone has an idea how to implement this for OpenStreetmaps please contact me. I have sadly no skills in OpenStreetmaps :(
I would like a map with boxes to EBTCheck page like this: https://ebtcheck.marty44.net/ebtcheck/s ... mnotes.php

Old:
Hi lmviterbo,
Do you have maybe the "start and end" coordinates of the Europe map used in EBT?
Ee.g https://de.eurobilltracker.com/map/user ... de68742f8a
How are the long and lat for the upper left and lower right corner?
How big is a dot in long and lat? Also
var dotheight = 0.28;
var dotwidth = 0.4203821656050955414;
?

I think I have now an idea how to solve the issue, but to be honestly I want only to implement it for the "EBT shown Europe" map :)
lmviterbo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by lmviterbo »

Unfortunately, I don't know the coords on the EBT minimap.

dotheight and dotwidth are measured in degrees. So, a dot's height is 0.28 degrees, so its span in kms varies according to latitude. Furthermore, dotwidth is a value in degrees, which means that the span in kms for the base of each dot on the northern hemisphere is larger than on its top.
trezay
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by trezay »

lmviterbo wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:03 pm Unfortunately, I don't know the coords on the EBT minimap.
I don't know either, but I did find this (really old) topic about the coordinates used in dotmaps. I don't know if the numbers are still up to date though, it is from 18 years ago :lol: Also, the topic seems to have caused a very long and technical discussion about dotmaps, which I've only read in part, so I don't know if the numbers were tweaked later on :?:
avij wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2005 11:45 pm For reference, here are the current parameters for the grid:
Europe:
- minimum latitude: 29
- maximum latitude: 71
- minimum longitude: -12
- maximum longitude: 54
- grid size: 157 x 150 (up from 150x150)

world:
- minimum latitude: -57
- maximum latitude: 83
- minimum longitude: -180
- maximum longitude: 180
- grid size: 366 x 200 (up from 280x200)
lmviterbo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by lmviterbo »

trezay wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:21 pm
avij wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2005 11:45 pm For reference, here are the current parameters for the grid:
Europe:
- minimum latitude: 29
- maximum latitude: 71
- minimum longitude: -12
- maximum longitude: 54
- grid size: 157 x 150
Well spotted. I believe that is still correct.

If anyone find some time to count the dots on the global map, it will probably confirm the amount of horizontal and vertical points. Note that the points have constant width but variable height.

https://eurobilltracker.com/map/global_notemap.php

This should be the same map:
https://eurobilltracker.com/map/global_ ... 7&country=

The image is 487x521 pixels.

The dots are 3 pixels wide. The grid probably starts exactly where the numbers start, that is, on the 16th pixel. If you discount those, you'll have 157 dots x 3 pixels / dot = 471 pixels.

As to the height, I guess someone will have to count them in order to confirm it.

Or just ask avij. ;)
marty44
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Post by marty44 »

I want you to give an update
I have now a big table which hopefully contains the dots with the longitudes and latidues.
Currently I'm mapping the EBT Europe map dots.
For my personal dots all are drawn now correct
progress_dotmap.png
progress_dotmap.png (12.7 KiB) Viewed 1315 times
I have still some lines to add:
progress_global_dotmap.png
progress_global_dotmap.png (9.35 KiB) Viewed 1315 times
For today I stop working. You are getting crazy if you count hours over hours pixels :roll:
trezay
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by trezay »

Thank you for the update, this is incredibly cool 8O
Is there anything you need help with?
marty44
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Post by marty44 »

If you have an idea how to draw the color gradient which is seen on the left side... this would he helpful :)
Also how does it relate to the amount of entered notes.
trezay
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by trezay »

I found this post by lmviterbo. In the conversation that followed, aloxe added the calculation used to determine the different colors (in French), and included a link to this post by avij. Is that what you need?

Also, let me know if you need a translation for the French part :wink:

Return to “EuroBillTracker Statistics”