Various EBT statistics can be posted here

Moderators: Phaseolus, Fons

lmviterbo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Re: EBTCheck - notes check online - and a few statistics

Post by lmviterbo »

Here I am again, asking for yet another feature. :roll:

I love how my "Historic hit travel kilometer" chart (on the page "Hit Summary", area 901: hit summary charts) has been showing a steadily declining average travel distance in the past months. Arguably that might be related to the pandemics: the less we are able to travel, the less banknotes will travel.

So, here are my two requests:
  • A user0 (combining all users) chart for that ("Historic hit travel kilometer").
  • A monthly bar chart showing the monthly average travel distance (which wouldn't be useful for single users, except for the very heavy-duty ones, but is probably a great bonus for the combination of all users).
I wonder if both charts for "Historic hit travel days" would be insightful too.

These charts might be a good way to call the attention of media agencies to EBT. :wink:
marty44
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Post by marty44 »

Hi lmviterbo,

Something like this?
lmviterbo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by lmviterbo »

Hi Marty,

Yes, exactly like that! :D :D

I suppose those are for your account, not for user0. As I thought, for a single user, those charts are not smooth. Let's see if they're smoother for the combination of hits of all users.

(As a side note, I don't understand why I can't see those images on Chrome nor on Edge; only on Firefox.)
Last edited by lmviterbo on Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lmviterbo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by lmviterbo »

(double message, sorry, I clicked on the Quote button instead of the Edit one; mods, please delete this message)
marty44
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Post by marty44 »

doing it for all user will take some time

is the color ok?
lmviterbo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by lmviterbo »

If you can do it, it's great, even if it takes long.

Notice that creating for "user0" the line charts that already exist for single users ("Historic hit travel") is already a great feat. If you have to choose, you may discard the monthly charts for "user0".

The color is almost only a matter of taste. For this purpose, I guess that your choice of electric violet is perfectly fine.

Thanks again!

(In the meantime, I checked a lot of other personal "Historic hit travel" charts, and now I have the feeling that maybe I was just extra-lucky until recently and the average is just adjusting to normal now. On most other hit travel charts, the lines are either rising — more days and kms on average — or stable. Nevertheless, a rising chart will also be a good talk point to the media. :wink:)
marty44
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Post by marty44 »

lmviterbo wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:40 pmThe color is almost only a matter of taste. For this purpose, I guess that your choice of electric violet is perfectly fine.
The color is the gnuplot default one.

I have put it now in production. As the other charts on hit summary page, they are only created one time per month. The "chart has been generated" entry will be reseted every first of a month.
lmviterbo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by lmviterbo »

The new graphs are great, bravo and thanks! I'm looking forward to seeing them for all users combined.

Here's a new request, which I believe will be very easy to implement:

I like to check my notes for errors before spending them, which means checking them every day. Is it possible to either:
  1. Get the Note check feature available online alone, without stats? (The offline version outdates too fast.)
  2. Check only the added notes?
marty44
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Post by marty44 »

lmviterbo wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:50 pm Here's a new request, which I believe will be very easy to implement:

I like to check my notes for errors before spending them, which means checking them every day. Is it possible to either:
  1. Get the Note check feature available online alone, without stats? (The offline version outdates too fast.)
You can disable create stats before uploading the CSV file. But the idea sounds good, let me think of a different "upload"
lmviterbo wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:50 pm [*]Check only the added notes?[/list]
no, with an upload your notes table will be deleted and refilled. It would create too much cpu load to check every single entry if there was a change or not.
marty44
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Post by marty44 »

marty44 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:54 pm
lmviterbo wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:50 pm Here's a new request, which I believe will be very easy to implement:

You can disable create stats before uploading the CSV file. But the idea sounds good, let me think of a different "upload"
New upload function implemented, please try.
lmviterbo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by lmviterbo »

marty44 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:46 pmNew upload function implemented, please try.
Excellent!

I just tried and it did detect an error. :D I was able to check my note and correct it. :D :D Thanks!!!
trezay
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by trezay »

Would it be possible to have the lowest/highest average values ever appear in the "Value" page? Since the site already generates the "Historic mean value" graph, I don't think it would be very difficult to implement, but if it is, then no worries, it's not a major need.
marty44
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Post by marty44 »

trezay wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:20 am Would it be possible to have the lowest/highest average values ever appear in the "Value" page? Since the site already generates the "Historic mean value" graph, I don't think it would be very difficult to implement, but if it is, then no worries, it's not a major need.
Please check your page http://ebtcheck.marty44.net/ebtcheck/st ... /value.php - does this help you?
trezay
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by trezay »

Wow, that was really fast 8O Thank you, it's exactly what I was looking for!
marty44
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Post by marty44 »

After a suggestion from lmviterbo I added a new check. EBTCheck now also checks if the plate / second letter makes sense on Europa notes.

I have some double plates in the database which I'm going to fix within the next days.

Return to “EuroBillTracker Statistics”