Notes between passive hits

Various EBT statistics can be posted here

Moderators: Phaseolus, Fons

lmviterbo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Notes between passive hits

Post by lmviterbo »

I have been wondering what to expect in terms of how many notes should I register until someone finds a note of mine.

If I'm reasoning well, that would be some kind of measure of central tendency of "notes registered by me between passive hits".

So I tried to find the evolution of both the average and median of these figures (number of notes I registered between my passive hits). Here's the chart for both:
notes between passive hits - chart.png
notes between passive hits - chart.png (34.44 KiB) Viewed 5837 times

The first number (1050) is the number of notes I registered until one of them gave me a passive hit. It's not my first hit, which occurred a lot later. In fact, I don't care when each hit took place, but only how many notes I registered until one of them would eventually give a passive hit.

When the next passive hit comes, it will most likely be with a note somewhere in between those in the list, and not with one of the newer ones after my last passive hit. A timelapse of this graphic would be a wobbling line (well, two wobbling lines) moving all over the y axis, not just the same growing steady wavy line from note 1 to note n, like the one you see here. This one would be its latest shape alone.

Is this a good reasoning at all? Is any of these (average or median) a meaningful measure? Which one, if any? At the moment, I registered 6513 notes since my last passive hit. Is it about time to have another one, is it too unpredictable, or is there another totally different measure of when to expect a new passive hit (a note of mine being found again)?

Return to “EuroBillTracker Statistics”