NIG (NoteInfoGenerator)

Various EBT statistics can be posted here

Moderators: Phaseolus, Fons

ErGo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Re: NIG (NoteInfoGenerator)

Post by ErGo »

MuenzMuc wrote:In my example you have to take the "2" instead of the "A", so your "NIG readable" number is S20000000005.
To get a "valid" serialnumber for NIG, you can change for ALL the new Europa-notes on the second place the A with 2, B with 3, C with 4..... This is completly independent from the first letter!
lmviterbo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by lmviterbo »

Is there any feature on NIG that isn't yet on EBTST? (I'm wondering why a lot of people keep using NIG or both.)
tralla
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

Post by tralla »

Well, the search functionality, maybe? ;-)
I've used that quite often and am really sorry that it's gone. The very rudimentary search at EBT proper is hardly a substitute.

Also, I have no "security" problem with using EBTST but I'd prefer a client under my own control that I can use regardless of the load on dserrano's site.

And as far as stats go, NIG still has the "Comments", "Family Meeting" and Munich is a city in Bavaria (little glitch in EBTST *g*).

Cheers, tralla
Meine EBTCheck-Statistik (danke, marty44)
Meine nigmm-Statistik (danke, tt.01)
My little gallery of stamps and scribbles on Euro notes.
lmviterbo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by lmviterbo »

tralla wrote:search functionality
[…]
I'd prefer a client under my own control that I can use regardless of the load on dserrano's site
[…]
"Comments", "Family Meeting"
Thanks, tralla!! I hope dserrano keeps improving even further on EBTST, to meet demanding folks' needs. :) I'd love to see all of NIG's and EBTST's features on the very EuroBillTracker website.
Juristi M
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Post by Juristi M »

lmviterbo wrote:Is there any feature on NIG that isn't yet on EBTST? (I'm wondering why a lot of people keep using NIG or both.)
NIG search options are unbeatable at least for now.

And I still need NIG for time statistics: In EBTST I can't find full hours-minutes-seconds tables for every hour of the day, just the total amount. So EBTST doesn't help me to complete my mission of having entered at least one note in every second of a day because without the hours/minutes/seconds tables I can't see which seconds are still missing.

The calendar in NIG is more readable than the corresponding EBTST calendar. And besides, you have for each day the flags of the countries where you entered your notes (up to three flags per day). So it it easier to see from NIG calendar when it actually was that you visited a particular country.

But at the same time I must admit that EBTST has many features that are now better than in NIG.
gabonik
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by gabonik »

Juristi M wrote:
lmviterbo wrote:Is there any feature on NIG that isn't yet on EBTST? (I'm wondering why a lot of people keep using NIG or both.)
NIG search options are unbeatable at least for now.

And I still need NIG for time statistics: In EBTST I can't find full hours-minutes-seconds tables for every hour of the day, just the total amount. So EBTST doesn't help me to complete my mission of having entered at least one note in every second of a day because without the hours/minutes/seconds tables I can't see which seconds are still missing.

The calendar in NIG is more readable than the corresponding EBTST calendar. And besides, you have for each day the flags of the countries where you entered your notes (up to three flags per day). So it it easier to see from NIG calendar when it actually was that you visited a particular country.

But at the same time I must admit that EBTST has many features that are now better than in NIG.
And with the new 5 € as you do what the NIG doesn't read her?
Juristi M
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Post by Juristi M »

gabonik wrote:And with the new 5 € as you do what the NIG doesn't read her?
I "persuade" NIG to accept them by modifying the serials as described by MuenzMuc and ErGo above. With that I can still get correct time and calendar statistics but, unfortunately, serial number related statistics are distorted.
I very much hope that at some point dserrano5 finds time to add the missing features to EBTST.
gabonik
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by gabonik »

Juristi M wrote:
gabonik wrote:And with the new 5 € as you do what the NIG doesn't read her?
I "persuade" NIG to accept them by modifying the serials as described by MuenzMuc and ErGo above. With that I can still get correct time and calendar statistics but, unfortunately, serial number related statistics are distorted.
I very much hope that at some point dserrano5 finds time to add the missing features to EBTST.
I have tried, however later it doesn't recognize her the program of serrano
level9
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie

Post by level9 »

Is there someone who can update that program?
Since I added my first :note-5: (2013) today, the nig.exe will not start, reading the csv.

I heard about EBTST, but this is only useabel online and I cannot use my regional graphical maps.

HELP please!
lmviterbo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by lmviterbo »

As far as I know, NIG won't be updated. EBTST is indeed its update with new features. Some features are still missing but dserrano5 is working on it. I believe that eventually every NIG thing will be on EBTST. (I have no inside information, though, this is more like wishful thinking. :) )

Maybe you should try EBTST's most recent version, because it has a Regions menu entry (although not maps, unfortunately).
level9
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie

Post by level9 »

Too bad!

I don't want to be online all the time!
I read it wont work with IE!
There is no way to keep my data secret!

No alternative solution for NIG.

That will stop me spending that much time with EBT!
CarlosManta
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by CarlosManta »

level9 wrote:Too bad!

I don't want to be online all the time!
I read it wont work with IE!
There is no way to keep my data secret!

No alternative solution for NIG.

That will stop me spending that much time with EBT!
Quoting...
dserrano5 wrote: EBTST is open source 8). There's a github repository with the source code, which you can download and use on your own if you like.
I am not sure it will be very practical, but you can download and install on your own, if you have privacy issues.
brewerhki
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by brewerhki »

You don't have to publish Ebtst site for everybody. You can leave statistics behind your password. Am I right?

But of course that doesn't solve other problems. You still need to be online to view statistics (or use cache) and still IE is not supported. Anyway, it is only my opinion, but I think there are much better browsers than IE (I only use IE when downloading anti virus software + another browser on brand new windows).

Anyway I hope you find solution that you are satisfied with :D
gabonik
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by gabonik »

I have wanted to try to adjourn the NIG, naturally eliminating the banknotes from € 5 - Europe, but the error that I attach has appeared. Could you/he/she depend on what?
Attachments
28-May-13 17.22.jpg
28-May-13 17.22.jpg (15.58 KiB) Viewed 3608 times
Juristi M
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Post by Juristi M »

If you want to use some of the NIG features not yet available in EBTST you must modify EVERYTHING in CSV-file that is not compatible with NIG. If you leave in a single line not acceptable to NIG you are likely to get an error message. Two-letter serial numbers are not accepted so you must replace the second letter with a corresponding number so that checksum becomes correct again. UA must be replaced with U2, UB with U3, UC with U4 etc as explained by MuenzMuc and ErGo above. Replace also short codes not recognized by NIG with something that NIG accepts. Instead of Z003 I have chosen to use T003 etc... It doesn't take too much time if you use "replace all" function in the editor software.

This unfortunately distorts serial number and short code statistics but you still get correct time and hit statistics.

When editing CSV-files you should use editors that do not modify CSV-file characteristics. I have successfully used Windows Notepad. For example MS Excel didn't work for me.

Return to “EuroBillTracker Statistics”