Moderators: Phaseolus, Fons

Hokuzai
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie

Activity of users

Post by Hokuzai »

Updated: 2006 Februar 01

Hi,

using my software http://www.jostjahn.de/software/eurobill.html I took a look at a random profile collection of 5000 users.

I noticed, that after the magic 30 days membership only 15% of all users made active entrances. The number of notes are even smaller. Take a look at the last 500 days, the percentage of new users are only a little bit less than the percentage of active users.

In other way: After 30 days, 40% of active users are users, who are new at EBT, after 500 days only 15% of "active" (in 500 days) users are longer than 500 days at EBT.

I'm not the statistical crack, but it seems, that much more than 50% of EBT users will never been active again.

Here the graphic:

Data 2005 Nov:

Another interesting fact is, that the intensity of country members are not the same. A table of active members contries using this 700 profile selection (only countries with 10 or more mebers):

Country, all members (percent of all) active members (percent of all)
Germany 810 (16%); 119 (20%)
Finland 1260 (26%) 115 (19%)
Portugal 342 (7%) 103(17%)
Netherlands 827 (17%), 73 (12%)
Belgium 678 (14%), 68 (11%)

Although Portugal has only 8% of all members in my selection, it has 19% of active members.

Some user have now all user profiles. If I get a file copy, I can make a more complete statistic.

Maybe, this graphic and data was of interest to you.
Last edited by Hokuzai on Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Asiamaniac
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Asiamaniac »

Eine tolle Graphik und Idee! Ja, mach das mit den 5.000 Usern. Schlage allerdings vor, die Graphik auf Englisch zu veröffentlichen.

A great Graphic and idea! Yes, do it with the 5.000 users. I propose, however, to publish the graphic in English.
Meine Angst, dass die Autokorrektur einmal etwas Obszönes ausspuckt, wichst täglich.
ntilios
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Post by ntilios »

Nice graphic.
Thank you.
EnricoDB2
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular

Post by EnricoDB2 »

A possible explanation for the high percentage of active Portuguese users is the fact that a lot of the users have become a member during the almost famous Portuguese boom lately! The other countries on the other hand have a lot of "old" users which have become inactive.
Nice statistics though! Good work!

Return to “EuroBillTracker Statistics”