Four years of entering notes on EBT

Various EBT statistics can be posted here

Moderators: Phaseolus, Fons

lazza
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by lazza »

Phaseolus wrote:
lazza wrote: That's 436 notes I need to enter in 2006 :)
Well, Lazza, it looks like you are "entering" more posts, than bills on EBT :wink:
I like talking more than I like spending :D
Klazu
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Klazu »

lazza wrote:I like talking more than I like spending :D
Registering notes doesn't mean spending. Not at all. In my case EBT has made me more stingy. I don't want to spend any more money than I have to, because then I have less money (notes) to exchange again in some local bank. :D
Living away from Euro zone in the beautiful Vancouver, Canada since January 2012. Experiences and stories of living in here can be found in here (in Finnish).
Fons
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Fons »

Klazu wrote:Registering notes doesn't mean spending. Not at all. In my case EBT has made me more stingy. I don't want to spend any more money than I have to, because then I have less money (notes) to exchange again in some local bank. :D

Same for me.
I always want to get as many notes as possible :D
lazza
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by lazza »

@Klazu and Fons

You both have the advantage of living in a Euro-country. It's really not so easy in the UK.... So in the end, I mostly register notes I get before I travel to Europe. If I go to a bank to take out €500 in €5 notes, and to then pay them back in, I would soon lose a lot of money, because of exchange rates (buy/sell rates) and commission.... :(

Also, as most of my travel to Europe is on business (5-6 times a year), it's hard to pay everything in cash, as that means I pay immediately (whereas on a credit card, I can claim my expenses back before the money has gone from my own account). So I end up paying hotel bills on a card, and only for taxis and meals (and parking fines!) by cash :( :(

Oh, the challenges of being a UK EBTer :wink:
daniellez
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Post by daniellez »

lazza wrote:Oh, the challenges of being a UK EBTer :wink:
Yes you certainly have many challenges to face. It would be a lot easier if the UK joined the euro too, but I don't see that happen soon.....
Progress is a comfortable disease - E.E. Cummings
lazza
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by lazza »

daniellez wrote:
lazza wrote:Oh, the challenges of being a UK EBTer :wink:
Yes you certainly have many challenges to face. It would be a lot easier if the UK joined the euro too, but I don't see that happen soon.....
Me neither...

And tracking GBP just isn't the same...

But at least my notes get to travel a long way with me, even if they don't get hit (I try to always make sure that the notes I get in the UK are spent abroad, and that the notes I bring back are those that I picked up while I'm away... even if it then takes a long time for me to spend what I bring back).
daniellez
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Post by daniellez »

lazza wrote:And tracking GBP just isn't the same...
True, I just checked DoshTracker today, but there are only 201646 notes entered. Besides, you can only get national hits (unless you say Britain consists of five countries: Wales, Scotland, England and Northern Ireland :wink: )
Progress is a comfortable disease - E.E. Cummings
j3paris
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by j3paris »

Since we're on the subject, I was in London over New Year's and I must admit I let several opportunities to track pounds go by (whereas with euros, it would be unthinkable!). At a bar with friends I did track the whip round, but afterwards, knowing DoshTracker, I just didn't bother. Plus the site is very fussy about postcodes and locations, so I finally just entered everything I had as Harrow (just over the line into Middlesex), which is where I was staying. This includes a few pound notes I'd gotten in France, since the site doesn't allow places outside the UK.

It's a shame DoshTracker isn't brought up to its full potential, but I get the feeling there aren't many people behind the site, so it's a noble effort anyway. We are so spoiled by the awesome EBT site that anything would pale in comparison! :wink:

And I remember really missing EBT while I was in Australia...there doesn't seem to be any site at all for tracking Ozzie dollars (at least at the time, and I sure searched the Web before I left!)
Got dots in France? Play France from A to Z
querty
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Post by querty »

After three months (january, february and march 2006) we had entered 2 553 761 notes. That means that we will enter around 10 215 044 notes this year. I hope it will be more but this also means that we are still on schedule to enter more than 10 million notes in one year.
Ah, look at all the lonely Euronotes. Where do they all come from? (The Beatles, Eleanor Rigby)

Carpe Ico
lazza
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by lazza »

lazza wrote:
Klazu wrote:
lazza wrote:This gives 17,600,000 notes (48,000 per day average) 8O 8O :D
I don't think, but I sure hope so... 8)
All we need to do is each multiply our own "notes entered in 2005" by 2.27x :wink:

That's 436 notes I need to enter in 2006 :)
I just ran my NIG stats for the first time in while, and it just occured to me I surpassed my personal target for 2006 on my recent trip to Germany. 474 notes entered in 2006 (no more to come, as I'm not travelling again this year.... :? )

So, I though I would check on our predictions for notes to be entered in 2006:

querty: 10,000,000+
Klazu: 15,000,000
daniellez: 10,000,000+
Fons: 15,000,000
FVS: 12,775,000
lazza: 17,600,000

Current status (08:49 on 14th December): 23,698,585 notes entered in total
Notes entered up to the end of 2005: 12,765,721
Total so far in 2006: 10,932,864

Return to “EuroBillTracker Statistics”