Nirreklamaw EBT fuq siti, gazzetti ecc Maltin

Diskussjonijiet dwar is-Sit u dwar l-Ewro-tracking bil-lingwa Maltija

Moderator: doctorwho

User avatar
helloggs
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1339
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2004 1:17 pm
Location: Berlin, Germany
Contact:

Postby helloggs » Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:31 am

Congrats on your publicity. :) However, I don't see what's wrong with eurobilltracker.com - it's our official project url. It just confuses people to see such an alternative URL in an article and I doubt that eurobt.eu is easier to remember just because it's shorter. And please, don't try to get refs from a newspaper article with eurobt.tk or whatever forwarding url. :wink:

User avatar
doctorwho
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 277
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:51 pm
Location: Malta
Contact:

Postby doctorwho » Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:53 am

helloggs wrote:Congrats on your publicity. :) However, I don't see what's wrong with eurobilltracker.com - it's our official project url. It just confuses people to see such an alternative URL in an article and I doubt that eurobt.eu is easier to remember just because it's shorter. And please, don't try to get refs from a newspaper article with eurobt.tk or whatever forwarding url. :wink:

I agree with you. I think an official press release should use the official url, that's why I didn't use my own warping.to/ebt ...

User avatar
melitikus
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training
Posts: 329
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2005 12:34 am
Location: Malta, European Union
Contact:

Postby melitikus » Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:24 pm

prosit
nispera li 'ssa jkun hemm naqra membri godda mhux hazin :-)

User avatar
Ewri
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 4591
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:40 pm
Location: Malta

Postby Ewri » Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:02 pm

There were 15 new members since Thursday (when the first article was published). I just hope they keep on tracking now.

User avatar
ART
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 5215
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2004 8:26 pm

Postby ART » Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:00 am

helloggs wrote:However, I don't see what's wrong with eurobilltracker.com - it's our official project url.


doctorwho wrote:I agree with you. I think an official press release should use the official url, that's why I didn't use my own warping.to/ebt ...


www.eurobt.eu has been created with the authorization of avij like alternative URL to www.eurobiltracker.com, therefore there isn't problem to use it, and already it's used from many.

( Hisrtory here viewtopic.php?t=6364&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0 )
"If you lose, you can't win" (Andrea)
"Let's go to see the monsters" (Andrea)
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
European soul, European pride.

User avatar
helloggs
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1339
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2004 1:17 pm
Location: Berlin, Germany
Contact:

Postby helloggs » Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:35 am

ART wrote:www.eurobt.eu has been created with the authorization of avij like alternative URL to www.eurobiltracker.com, therefore there isn't problem to use it, and already it's used from many.


Right, but you said it should be preferred over eurobilltracker.com, that's where I disagree. Especially in a newspaper article.

Quizmaster
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert
Posts: 682
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:14 am
Location: Amsterdam

Postby Quizmaster » Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:40 pm

helloggs wrote:
ART wrote:www.eurobt.eu has been created with the authorization of avij like alternative URL to www.eurobiltracker.com, therefore there isn't problem to use it, and already it's used from many.


Right, but you said it should be preferred over eurobilltracker.com, that's where I disagree. Especially in a newspaper article.

Indeed... People could think they're double-crossed when they type in eurobt.eu but the header on the page says eurobilltracker.

I prefer eurobilltracker.eu. Sounds more European than .com and describes the site quite well. :wink:
My Profile
-> If you carry notes with you to a distant location, why not use the comment field to tell us (roughly) where they went? <-

User avatar
ART
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 5215
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2004 8:26 pm

Postby ART » Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:23 pm

I don't mind: it's good also, important that it's a .eu
"If you lose, you can't win" (Andrea)
"Let's go to see the monsters" (Andrea)
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
European soul, European pride.

User avatar
Ewri
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 4591
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:40 pm
Location: Malta

Postby Ewri » Sun May 18, 2008 11:40 am

I sent an article to The Sunday Times about us attending the 2nd Italian EBT meeting and it was published in today's newspaper

http://www.timesofmalta.com/articles/vi ... bt-meeting

User avatar
doctorwho
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 277
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:51 pm
Location: Malta
Contact:

Postby doctorwho » Sun May 18, 2008 11:42 am

Ewri wrote:I sent an article to The Sunday Times about us attending the 2nd Italian EBT meeting and it was published in today's newspaper

http://www.timesofmalta.com/articles/vi ... bt-meeting


oh that's great!

User avatar
melitikus
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training
Posts: 329
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2005 12:34 am
Location: Malta, European Union
Contact:

Postby melitikus » Sun May 18, 2008 11:44 am

Ewri wrote:I sent an article to The Sunday Times about us attending the 2nd Italian EBT meeting and it was published in today's newspaper

http://www.timesofmalta.com/articles/vi ... bt-meeting


hey - thats very nice
any photos of this meeting ? :-)

User avatar
Ewri
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 4591
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:40 pm
Location: Malta

Postby Ewri » Sun May 18, 2008 11:51 am

melitikus wrote:
Ewri wrote:I sent an article to The Sunday Times about us attending the 2nd Italian EBT meeting and it was published in today's newspaper

http://www.timesofmalta.com/articles/vi ... bt-meeting


hey - thats very nice
any photos of this meeting ? :-)


yes we have. I went with Sharatan3.

The photos will be uploaded on the EBT gallery. Else, I will send you some by PM. OK?

User avatar
melitikus
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training
Posts: 329
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2005 12:34 am
Location: Malta, European Union
Contact:

Postby melitikus » Sun May 18, 2008 11:58 am

Ewri wrote:
melitikus wrote:
Ewri wrote:I sent an article to The Sunday Times about us attending the 2nd Italian EBT meeting and it was published in today's newspaper

http://www.timesofmalta.com/articles/vi ... bt-meeting


hey - thats very nice
any photos of this meeting ? :-)


yes we have. I went with Sharatan3.

The photos will be uploaded on the EBT gallery. Else, I will send you some by PM. OK?


Yes , that would be nice
you can also send on melitikus@yahoo.com

User avatar
Ewri
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 4591
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:40 pm
Location: Malta

Postby Ewri » Sun May 18, 2008 12:26 pm

OK.

I will send you some to your e-mail address

User avatar
doctorwho
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 277
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:51 pm
Location: Malta
Contact:

Postby doctorwho » Sun May 18, 2008 12:36 pm

I read it in the paper now too!

Congratulations..


Return to “Diskussjonijiet dwar is-Sit u dwar l-Ewro-tracking (Malti)”