Discussion on European Association of EuroBillTrackers

Discussion about the European Association of EuroBillTrackers

Moderators: avij, Phaseolus, eddydevries, Yok's

diogocanilho
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Re: Discussion on European Association of EuroBillTrackers

Post by diogocanilho »

Is the possibility to put some ads in the website totally rulled out, or you guys didn't even talk about that in Ljubljana?
ajax_rotterdam
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Post by ajax_rotterdam »

Maybe it's a possibility to put google adsense on the bottom of each forum-page?
I collect Airplane Safetycards, could you help me collecting them?
If you got some, PM me!
Phaseolus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Phaseolus »

diogocanilho wrote:Is the possibility to put some ads in the website totally rulled out, or you guys didn't even talk about that in Ljubljana?
This item was not a point of discussion at the GA.

If a board member wants to address this issue at the next Board meeting, then he should send a request to the President (de-jo) for adding this point to the agenda. :wink:
suntzu
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by suntzu »

When this advertise issue was pulled out as a possibility, i thought since we track money, and most of us use homebanking the advertise could be a link to the page of the most used banks per country (those who could be interested in a fair partnership).
The advertise will also be a useful tool, instead of having an icon on the desktop to use the HB we will click on the bank icon in EBT site helping EBT at the same time we use homebanking.
That was what i thought last December about advertise in EBT
:flag-pt: :flag-fi: :flag-fr: :flag-si: :flag-nl: :flag-de: :flag-at: :flag-es: hitting since March 2007
Anti-Stress Game
Phaseolus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Phaseolus »

In the communication group I will make a proposal to finance advertising on some website ; it is the A2E that would pay advertisement. The discussion about putting advertising on EBT is currently not a point on the agenda. But, again, if a Board member wants to raise this issue, he/she can do it. :wink:
Eliezer
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Eliezer »

I think the whole idea of having an association is to keep EuroBillTracker website free of any kind of commercial agenda or even an impression of such. So in my point of view advertisements on EBT website should not be considered. They are not necessary as the association is or will be able to cover all the costs of running the website with association membership fees and/or donations.

Having a non-commercial website is a value in itself (such active websites are quite rare nowadays) and to many people it is important to know that no one benefits of them entering their money into the system. This may not be an issue to people already familiar to the hobby, but certainly the first question to many people thinking about entering their money codes is if someone benefits of it financially. The advertisements on the website would create such impression.
Phaseolus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Phaseolus »

From experience, when speaking about EBT to journalists, it's precisely the fact that it is a non-commercial website that makes it possible to have media coverage for free. :wink:
ravestorm
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by ravestorm »

a little advertisement about the possibility to become a member of the A2E and the necessity to renew your memebership is useful, thought
«Io dormirò tranquillo perché so che il mio peggior nemico veglia su di me.»
  • Biondo - Il buono, il brutto, il cattivo

PLEASE, DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!!!

Il 19.09.2013 ho scritto: Comicerò a cambiare atteggiamento da ora in poi, quindi che il forum non si lamenti se da ora in avanti verranno prese misure drastiche.
Puupenni - Wooden Penny
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Post by Puupenni - Wooden Penny »

Phaseolus wrote:From experience, when speaking about EBT to journalists, it's precisely the fact that it is a non-commercial website that makes it possible to have media coverage for free. :wink:
Good point. Thank you.

I'm a bit worried about the financial situation of the association. Gathering annual fees from the members is not sufficient means of surviving. My opinion is that most of the money should be made by selling EBT-goods to not so active members of the community. Buying T-shirts, badges etc. would be so much easier to give your financial support than applying for the membership. The former gives you something for real - the latter just a good feeling of supporting something good. There are not too many names on the list of official members this far. Besides there are a lot of us who paid in 2008 and officially should be concidered as non-members by now in 2009.

In the Finnish forum there has been some discussion about what the new logo should look like as some people think the one we now have has some copyright problems. In the meanwhile people are eagerly waiting for someone to organize printing and delivering of these T-shirts etc. We - the great mass of ebters - have the money, no doubt about it, but someone should make these things happen. Board of the EBT?

P W enpen

Return to “European Association of EuroBillTrackers”