EA-EBT - Candidates for BoD

Discussion about the European Association of EuroBillTrackers

Moderators: avij, Phaseolus, eddydevries, Yok's

Nerzhul
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

EA-EBT - Candidates for BoD

Post by Nerzhul »

Now would be a good time to start thinking about candidates for the new Board of Directors which will get elected in Ljubljana shortly.

According to the statutes there is one seat available for each of the official Euro countries (15) plus one seat representing all non-Euro countries.

These seats are in addition to founding members.

Candidates should be willing and able to invest a bit of time for discussions and online meetings. They will also need to comment on intermediate results of working groups and help with necessary decisions regularly.

Ideally candidates also bring a strong motivation and engagement for EBT. The Board of Directors shouldn't be a dead pro-forma gremium, but actively and lively shape the future of EBT! ;-)

We are also looking for candidates for the various working groups. These do not necessarily have to be members of the Board. In addition, the position of Secretary will be vacant soon as I will concentrate on leading the new Dev team and don't have time for this post.

Please discuss and apply here :-)

UPDATE

Candidates for BOD :

Austira :flag-at:
Klapotec

Germany :flag-de:
Hellogs
magpie

Malta :flag-mt:
Ewri

Belgium :flag-be:
Mr Euro
Craco
de-jo (President)

Portugal :flag-pt:
Leofer40

France :flag-fr:
Phaseolus (Treasurer)
EBT Webmaster | Author of the EBT-Tool | Dothunter! | EBT News on Twitter
Licht & Feuer
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Location: Im Osten des Westens der auch als Süden des Nordens betrachtet wird

Re: EA-EBT - Candidates for BoD

Post by Licht & Feuer »

Statutes wrote:Each country of the Euro-Zone has the right to elect one of his residents as a representative on the Board of Directors.
As far as I know we have only one forumer from Luxemburg and the cypriots aren't well represented in here, too I guess... what will happen if ther'll simply come no applications for these countries?

Maybe a newsletter should be send to all EBTers in their mothertongue and informing them about the possibility to applicate and taking part in the election... otherwise I'm afraid that many people who do not read the forum (or at least not the english section) will not notice and the results for some countries would become not representative.
Phaseolus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Phaseolus »

Tomorrow I will open the bank account ; I hope I will get a bank account number for next week. I suggest to wait untill we have the bank details for communicating as suggested by Licht&Feuer. If we communicate before, we will miss the first visits as people will not have all necessary info.
klapotec
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by klapotec »

Hmm, I think I'll have to apply to de-jo's working group (database).
And if no one else steps up, I'll apply for the Austrian seat on the BoD.

...and when the bank account is available, I can even become a member. ;)
Nerzhul
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Nerzhul »

Licht & Feuer wrote:As far as I know we have only one forumer from Luxemburg and the cypriots aren't well represented in here, too I guess... what will happen if ther'll simply come no applications for these countries
Well, if there are no applications the seat simply will be vacant.
EBT Webmaster | Author of the EBT-Tool | Dothunter! | EBT News on Twitter
capitobi
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Post by capitobi »

Statutes wrote:Article 13

Between sessions of the General Assembly and within the framework of decisions taken by this body, ES-EBT shall be run by a Board of Directors There shall be a Board of Directors meeting at least twice each year, notice of such meeting to be given by the President or in default by a Vice-President to be advertised one month in advance, by post or email, giving notice of the venue, agenda, date, and time. Meetings of the Board of Directors could also be organised electronically. The deliberations of the Board can only be valid if more than half of its members are present or represented.

The mandate of the Board members shall be two years. It is renewable. It is not remunerated. Every year, at least half of the mandates of the Board of Directors should be renewed.
Each country of the Euro-Zone has the right to elect one of his residents as a representative on the Board of Directors. In addition to this rule, Founding Members are members of the Board of Directors. The Board of Directors is therefore composed of elected members and founding members. A country counting a Founding Member can have an elected Board member.

A “country” is defined by its recognition as an independent state by the United Nations Organization.

Within the Board of Directors, there shall be one seat reserved for a resident from each country of the Euro-Zone. In addition, one unique seat is open for representing all members resident of countries non member of the Euro-zone. All candidates to the Board of Directors must notify the President at least two weeks in advance of the General Assembly of their intention to stand as candidate. All candidates shall put forward a brief statement setting out what they have previously achieved towards the aims of The European Society of EuroBillTrackers and what they will attempt to do should they be elected. This statement should be published on the forum of the European Society of EuroBillTrackers.

The responsibility of the members of the Board of Directors shall be restricted to the terms of their mandate.
While representatives are members of the Board of Directors, they are expected to act in the best interests of EuroBillTracker and to play a full part in the deliberations of the Board of Directors.

In the event of vacancy, a member of the Board of Directors may be co-opted. His/her continuation to the post is subject to ratification by the next General Assembly.
A quorum of the Board of Directors shall be one third of its members present or represented.

A member of the Board of Directors (elected member or founding member) who has not been present at three consecutive meetings of the Board of Directors should be assigned by letter of the President to join the next meeting. If no explanation is provided by the member and if he does not join the fourth meeting, the Board of Directors could exclude the absent member definitely.
How is "resident" exactely defined and controlled? In other words, how do you want to (e.g. in theory) prevent me (I repeat: theoretically) from running for the Cypriot BoD-member?
Phaseolus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Phaseolus »

capitobi wrote: How is "resident" exactely defined and controlled? In other words, how do you want to (e.g. in theory) prevent me (I repeat: theoretically) from running for the Cypriot BoD-member?
Being a Belgian citizen, resident in France, I quite confident to be able to prove that I am resident in France.

From a practical point of view, in case of doubt, we will ask a proove of residency in the appropriate country. (such as a electricity bill, or a document from the national state showing that the resdient pays his annual taxes in the country, etc...)

therefor, I believe that this "theoretical" problem will not cause real prejudice in close future.
capitobi
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Post by capitobi »

Phaseolus wrote: Being a Belgian citizen, resident in France, I quite confident to be able to prove that I am resident in France.

From a practical point of view, in case of doubt, we will ask a proove of residency in the appropriate country. (such as a electricity bill, or a document from the national state showing that the resdient pays his annual taxes in the country, etc...)

therefor, I believe that this "theoretical" problem will not cause real prejudice in close future.
I know that it is not very likely, but I've seen all kinds of strange things happening to volunteer organisations... The whole thing just crossed my mind when searching the statutes for an article that would tell me which country I personally could run for and - more importantly since it also affects more people - VOTE for. I suppose there is am analogy between active and passive election rights. Consequently, if I was a member of A2E not being able to join the EBTM and therefore giving a proxy - which I have really been considering - my proxy might go to a resident of a different country than my own, resulting in me not being able to vote for my own representative. Well, just details. ;)
helloggs
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by helloggs »

Less than two weeks until the first election of the BoD and no candidate yet for :flag-de:. I think it would be stupid to leave the German seat vacant, therefore I candidate. (I would not be sad if other Germans would candidate as well..)

I will email the application letter for the A2E and release payment today.
Phaseolus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Phaseolus »

Well done Hellogs !

It's always a bit hard to be the first ! :wink:

You are showing the way ! :D

I am pleased that things are really getting started with the Association.

It's really important for the future of EBT and it is also very important that other users get involved because new people bring in new ideas ! The five of us (avij, nerzhul, giro, de-jo and myself) have spent trying to design the "tracks" of A2E ; now our objective with holding the General Assembly and organising elections is to make sure that people that want to get involved and want EBT to make forward, have the opportunity to join and participate.

It's also a question of "blood renewal"...

Once again, nice move, Hellogs ! :mrgreen:
alex77r
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Re:

Post by alex77r »

Phaseolus wrote:From a practical point of view, in case of doubt, we will ask a proove of residency in the appropriate country. (such as a electricity bill, or a document from the national state showing that the resdient pays his annual taxes in the country, etc...
Please don't ask too much redtape. It is not because the association is ruled by the French law, that you have to include all its time-wasting bureaucracy for each decision. What I mean is that it kills efficiency . If a Finnish dude wants to represent another country like cyprus, is fairly elected to do so, and is very invested in these duties, are you going to let the seat vacant?

Just think about Football teams...
The Shortcodes List/Bilan des Codes-courts recensés - website on stand-by
User Control Panel>Board preferences>Edit global settings>(1) Sélectionnez le thème "Subsilver2" pour avoir une apparence ressemblant à l'ancien forum (2) Forum en français désormais possible!
Ewri
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Ewri »

I candidate myself for Malta's seat, and I am also willing to help in other areas if needed.
Phaseolus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Phaseolus »

I have updated the first post ! :mrgreen:
magpie
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by magpie »

helloggs wrote:I would not be sad if other Germans would candidate as well..
I wish to candidate for the German seat, too. (I would have candidated anyway).
Mr Euro
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Mr Euro »

Hey,

I would like to place my candidacy for the Belgian seat.

Mr Euro

PS I will pay my contribution on the EBT-meeting.

Return to “European Association of EuroBillTrackers”