Working groups of the Association

Discussion about the European Association of EuroBillTrackers

Moderators: avij, Phaseolus, eddydevries, Yok's

lmviterbo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Re: Working groups of the Association

Post by lmviterbo »

Thanks to CarlosManta, I found this appeal from Nerzhul.

Castanhola and I already exchanged messages with N0W1K and dserrano5 (of Spain's regions group) to tell them we are volunteering to do this task. I'd say CarlosManta is more than welcome to join us! (Although he's not a plotter, a lot of work has to be done offline.)

CarlosManta wrote:This topic in silent for over a year, but I am following "instructions".

Regarding this appeal from Nerzhul:
Re: Upcoming regional features
Mensagempor Nerzhul » Quarta Set 01, 2010 11:06 am
Malta and France are active now, too. Greece, Slovakia and Cyprus are being worked on currently.

That makes Portugal and Finland the only big remaining Euro countries with no regions. We're still looking for volunteers ;-)
Enviou este pedido a 2010-09-01 16:43:19
Estado: concluído
Levado a cabo a: 2010-09-01 21:32:13

Mensagem para a equipa de apoio:

Upcoming regional features. I am hereby volunteering for the team caring for Portugal division in additional administrative divisions of a country (Bundesländer, Provinces, Departements etc)

Mensagem da equipa de apoio:

You probably will be welcome ... To do so, you've to create an account on EBT forum (if not already done) and visit the topics relative to "European Association of Eurobilltrackers" and in particular sub-topic concerning the "working groups or WG" Submit your proposal directly by a post on the significant topic. Regards
Let me know if I am on the correct topic.
TurboTim
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Post by TurboTim »

Hi,
Sorry for reading this topic so late.
CarlosManta wrote:This topic in silent for over a year, but I am following "instructions".

[...]
Let me know if I am on the correct topic.
Phaseolus wrote:funny to read that I was asked to do the opposite.

I first wrote on the forum asking to be a member of the group for administrative sub-divisions and I was asked to make my request through the support system...
The right way is asking with a support request.
But it seems that some of the support members don't read the support information. If they read it they should know that support admins can spend access to other tools. If this people answer the support requests the support admins don't see it at the open request list.
But now we found and handled it.
Phaseolus wrote:Now i am a happy member of this group for administrative sub-divisions ; but as I only got little support I can hardly help plotting the cities. I am too stupid to understand the interface...
:mrgreen:
We give you the chance to test the system, although we told you to ask if you have questions.
If you are to cowardly to ask, it's your problem and not a support once.

Tim
Phaseolus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Phaseolus »

TurboTim wrote:
Phaseolus wrote:Now i am a happy member of this group for administrative sub-divisions ; but as I only got little support I can hardly help plotting the cities. I am too stupid to understand the interface...
We give you the chance to test the system, although we told you to ask if you have questions.

Tim

Please don't be rude, it doesn't honour you.

I asked Gergapsek for its telephone number as I wanted to call him for a kind of on-line consultation. He replied I should ask on IRC.

As I am not visiting IRC for reasons of security, I am in no situation to get any help...

But maybe it's just normal...
TurboTim
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Post by TurboTim »

Phaseolus wrote:
TurboTim wrote:

Tim

Please don't be rude, it doesn't honour you.

I asked Gergapsek for its telephone number as I wanted to call him for a kind of on-line consultation. He replied I should ask on IRC.

As I am not visiting IRC for reasons of security, I am in no situation to get any help...

But maybe it's just normal...
You can also ask via PM.
And if you want I can give you my phone number.
I also respect gergapseks opinion to keep his phone number secret.
So do not publish that you won't get help, it's not true.
Phaseolus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Phaseolus »

Please send me your phone number by PM, please a fixed line as I can call toll-free to fixed lines, not to mobiles phones.

Please read again the sentence I posted on the forum : "but as I only got little support I can hardly help plotting the cities. I am too stupid to understand the interface"

If you read it carefully, it is not a criticism of the support team, it is a criticism that the interface is, as such, not user-friendly to my opinion... And keep in mind that my intelligence is below average.... I would suggest a "little information" on this interface.

I have experienced this problem when welcoming Cleaning Girls and I have offered sevral users to call them if they don't find their way out of the cleaning tool...

You will also understand with time that it's not always the people that "complain" that are the less reactive on EBT...
Nerzhul
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Nerzhul »

The internal EBT tools, like all business tools, are targetting an audience which you can expect to invest some time to learn them.

We have the WG leaders for a reason - they're the single point of contact for all questions, including the tools of that WG. AFAIK all WG leaders are active on this forum and can be reached by PM.

Also if you have suggestions how to improve a tool feel free to post them or PM me. Just keep in mind that my time is limited and I try to spend it on stuff with the biggest return of investment. There's a ton of "would be nice" stuff on my todo list, but the current backlog will probably keep me busy until UK joins the Eurozone ;-)

So if a tool works I'd rather not spend days writing lenghty tutorials, wizards, contextual help and redesigning this tool so that your granny can use it and instead spend that time on the EBT website which thousands of users are using regularly.
EBT Webmaster | Author of the EBT-Tool | Dothunter! | EBT News on Twitter
gergapsek
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by gergapsek »

Phaseolus wrote:I asked Gergapsek for its telephone number as I wanted to call him for a kind of on-line consultation. He replied I should ask on IRC.
If my telephone number is the problem, I can send it to you, but most of the day I'm not at home, even when I'm on IRC. It is much easier to contact me on IRC than via phone.
Phaseolus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Phaseolus »

Thank you,

It is now much lear since I had a telcon with TurboTim

It's just frustrating to want to help and not being able to...

Return to “European Association of EuroBillTrackers”