Moderators: avij, Phaseolus, eddydevries, Yok's

magpie
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Re: Working groups of the Association

Post by magpie »

Hangman wrote:
Phaseolus wrote:
Säbb wrote:Do I need to become a member of the Association to be able to join a working group?
Yes.

I believe it's the idea of an association.
Are there any arguments why it should be this way?
In my opinion there is one good reason: The intellectual property produced In working groups. At least everyone who creates new designs, programm code, translations, texts etc. should be a member of A2E in order to ensure that the intellectual property will be at the A2E.
helloggs
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by helloggs »

It's good that using EBT does not require being a member, but that's about it. Everything else should be members only imho. (and it's not like the 10EUR would be "symbolic" or will be spent having parties or doing advertisement, priority will be to finance hosting fees, something that has been paid for by only one person in the past years and something without EBT just would not be there anymore. Think about it.)
Nerzhul
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Nerzhul »

I don't think you have to become a member to join a WG. We'd lose a lot of our translators, support and plotters this way ... for no good reason. That'd be like having to join the Wikimedia Foundation in order to write an article for Wikipedia.

But everybody wishing to contribute to EBT will have to sign a licensing agreement and send it to the Association once, regardless of membership status. For the more sensitive WGs there might also be a NDA. We're still discussing the details behind the scenes.
EBT Webmaster | Author of the EBT-Tool | Dothunter! | EBT News on Twitter
Phaseolus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Phaseolus »

helloggs wrote:It's good that using EBT does not require being a member, but that's about it. Everything else should be members only imho. (and it's not like the 10EUR would be "symbolic" or will be spent having parties or doing advertisement, priority will be to finance hosting fees, something that has been paid for by only one person in the past years and something without EBT just would not be there anymore. Think about it.)
Be sure that we are "thinking about it"... :wink:

By the way, where did you see that any "party" would be organised...

If you are reffering to the champagne that was drunk in January 2008, I paid for it...

Transparency about finance will also be discussed in a future Board of Directors.
helloggs
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by helloggs »

My comment was obviously directed at those who don't want to join the association, not you. :roll: I also wrote that money will NOT be spent for parties, that was just a hypothetical example for money not well spent. Somehow I have the feeling you just want to misunderstand.
diogocanilho
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by diogocanilho »

Hello all!
I'd like to be a colaborator of the Working Group “External Communication"!
I didn't join A2E because I've been in hollidays and only today I'm seeing all those improvements!
Keep me update, please!
Congratulations for the good work
-STAR-
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by -STAR- »

a. Technical maintenance (Avij)
I'd like to volunteer for this workgroup. Maybe I can be of help in hosting / load balancing /scalability matters.
Rgds, Franz
ErGo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by ErGo »

i want to join the database group
avij
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by avij »

Hi, sorry for my late reply to this topic.. Unlike some other workgroups, the definition of my group is actually in the statutes; see Article 18. The scope of this working group is indeed rather technical, so you'd better have some understanding about the various hosting issues such as servers, operating systems (we're running CentOS, a variant of Linux), DNS, MySQL and the like to join this working group. Contrary to some previous information, the plotters, translators, support people etc are not part of this group. We may create separate working groups for them if the need arises, but until then they will continue their work just as before.
Money makes the world go round. We track how the money goes round the world.
klapotec
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by klapotec »

avij wrote:Contrary to some previous information, the plotters, translators, support people etc are not part of this group. We may create separate working groups for them if the need arises, but until then they will continue their work just as before.
So there's no working group at present concerning itself with the location database?
avij
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by avij »

Correct. i don't think there's a need fora formal working group for the location database people at the moment. The tech group is a bit different in this regard, because we need to formally present our findings/suggestions/etc to the BoD/GA, if we, say, suggest to the BoD and GA that the association will pay the hosting fees. If the location people have a need to present something at the BoD/GA level, then perhaps a working group could be created.
Money makes the world go round. We track how the money goes round the world.
klapotec
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by klapotec »

avij wrote:If the location people have a need to present something at the BoD/GA level, then perhaps a working group could be created.
Well, I do have some ideas which would have to be presented at that level... but no hurry.
Nerzhul
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Nerzhul »

I think these ideas fit well into the web dev WG.
EBT Webmaster | Author of the EBT-Tool | Dothunter! | EBT News on Twitter
debemaks
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by debemaks »

I would like to apply de-jo WG for point 2 (database notes).
I always like to spoil fakers intention (in the suspicious 3d there's a lot of my post specially regarding italians fakers 8O :wink: ).
Regarding myself I speak fluent Italian and English, good German, a bit French and Russian.

Thanx

PS:whenever seats would not be available for WG2 I might apply for WG1 (database users)
I collect and swap 2€ CC, PM for swap!!!!
Do you like card fighting games? Try this one!!
www.palerici.it - Skype: debemaks - my NIG stats
my EBTST stats
klapotec
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by klapotec »

Nerzhul wrote:I think these ideas fit well into the web dev WG.
Hmm, well, then I'll probably have to apply there. ;)
And maybe in addition, to de-jo's WG, we'll see.
Don't want to have even more too much work all of a sudden... :roll:

Return to “European Association of EuroBillTrackers”