EBT ACCOUNT CLOSED DOWN

Discussion about the European Association of EuroBillTrackers

Moderators: avij, Phaseolus, eddydevries, Yok's

Dakkus
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Re: EBT ACCOUNT CLOSED DOWN

Post by Dakkus »

EDIT: Arf, whatever. Let's not be needlessly annoying at a bad moment.
Ko saka āboliņš? Pēk pēk pēk!
Beatminister
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

Post by Beatminister »

From what I have seen of Phaseolus so far he is a wholehearted EBTler, who has put a lot of (unpaid) effort into the founding of the association. I do not suspect him of trying to cash in the EBT fund by telling us some crime story!

I would even suggest that he is freed of refunding all of the money lost. Or at least allowing a longer time frame for repayment, especially if the money is not urgently needed for EBT activities.
Priority now should be to open a EBT bank account, in order to take in some new funds soon. I guess a lot of users have not yet become members because of the unsolved account situation.
Phaseolus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Phaseolus »

Thank you !

I hope to come back later this month with the news of the bankaccount being open.

I have said that I will refund the association. There is no other point of discussion about this. If I mentionned this on the forum, it was before I was shocked by the fact that someone entered my house and did take away a part of my hobby... When you are a collector, it is hard to loose its collection...

But life goes on ! :mrgreen:
jenny&me
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

Post by jenny&me »

I'm sorry for what happened to you Phaseolus.

I think that we really need an account...our account was closed approximately 5 month ago. If in 5 months we can't open an account in France maybe we have to think to do it in another country.
http://www.osebna-terapija.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
alex77fr not logged in

Post by alex77fr not logged in »

Ok guys, what about this:

Let's just open bank accounts in more than one country, for instance in the most represented countries on EBT (ie Germany, Finland, Nerthelands, France and eventually Italy and Spain). Each of them would be monitored by a member of the executive board of the country of the bank account.

These accounts would allow money tranfers to become a member of the association...
Users from other countries (greece, malta, cyprus, ireland...) could just send cash to be a member of the association.

I think there is no point of trying to find a solution where there clearly isnt :!:
ErGo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by ErGo »

alex77fr not logged in wrote:Let's just open bank accounts in more than one country, ...
And whats about the costs of each bank account? Holding the administrative expense as low as possible i think one account should be enough.
sen-chuan
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by sen-chuan »

What about Banca Etica?
In Netherlands there is Triodos Bank with branches in Belgium, Germany, United Kingdom and Spain.
In Germany also GLS Gemeinschaftsbank eG, in France Crédit Coopératif.

Of course, these are only suggestions.
[EBTCkeck - my EBT Stats aggiornamento/updating: 06.03.2024
suntzu
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by suntzu »

BCP France, check this one, all branches in France, usually they are ver easy going on burocracy.
:flag-pt: :flag-fi: :flag-fr: :flag-si: :flag-nl: :flag-de: :flag-at: :flag-es: hitting since March 2007
Anti-Stress Game
alex77r
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by alex77r »

suntzu wrote:BCP France, check this one, all branches in France, usually they are ver easy going on burocracy.
Looks like a portuguese bank...never heard about before
The Shortcodes List/Bilan des Codes-courts recensés - website on stand-by
User Control Panel>Board preferences>Edit global settings>(1) Sélectionnez le thème "Subsilver2" pour avoir une apparence ressemblant à l'ancien forum (2) Forum en français désormais possible!
lmviterbo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by lmviterbo »

alex77r wrote:Looks like a portuguese bank...never heard about before
Yes, it's one of the biggest in Portugal. It's the bank where I have my accounts, in fact. I would recommend it too.

Nevertheless, I wouldn't care too much about an A2E bank account, since it's so easy to open an account under the name of Phaseolus or whoever else the Board trust for this. I know it's "suspicious" at least for non-forum users to send money to a personal bank account, but anyway I don't think that would deter anyone from entering notes and trusting EBT in general. And better have some money than none.

As I posted elsewhere, I'm quite aware that Phaseolus has been robbed. I hope his family and he himself do not suffer any emotional sequels. It was a bad move to have money at home, but I will certainly not crucify him; it could happen to any of us.
Phaseolus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Phaseolus »

If by March 2, 2009 I have no news from the French Post bank, I will officially drop the case...
Beatminister
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

Post by Beatminister »

lmviterbo wrote: ...to open an account under the name of Phaseolus or whoever else...
I don`t think that`s a good idea, even as a temporary solution. It´s not the way a association should be run, and can cause trouble with the tax man, for both Phaseolus and A2E.
suntzu
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by suntzu »

Go to the BCP France, i`m prety sure they don`t raise any obstacles
:flag-pt: :flag-fi: :flag-fr: :flag-si: :flag-nl: :flag-de: :flag-at: :flag-es: hitting since March 2007
Anti-Stress Game
lmviterbo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by lmviterbo »

Beatminister wrote:
lmviterbo wrote: ...to open an account under the name of Phaseolus or whoever else...
I don`t think that`s a good idea, even as a temporary solution. It´s not the way a association should be run, and can cause trouble with the tax man, for both Phaseolus and A2E.
How can that cause more trouble than having the money at home????
alex77r
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by alex77r »

Phaseolus wrote:If by March 2, 2009 I have no news from the French Post bank, I will officially drop the case...
I think we should stop waiting...let's be proactive, i mean that we shouldnt be kept stuck like that...if they dont want our association's money...that's fine :wink:
The Shortcodes List/Bilan des Codes-courts recensés - website on stand-by
User Control Panel>Board preferences>Edit global settings>(1) Sélectionnez le thème "Subsilver2" pour avoir une apparence ressemblant à l'ancien forum (2) Forum en français désormais possible!

Return to “European Association of EuroBillTrackers”