Discussion about the European Association of EuroBillTrackers

Moderators: avij, Phaseolus, eddydevries, Yok's

Dakkus
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Re: TEXT E-CARD

Post by Dakkus »

My thoughts when I got the mail:
Oh.. That sure is one hellish ugly thing! Nice that they sent it anyway, even if the result is a bit naivistic.
It did make me happy, but also made me want to come mention that there are professionals among us, who could do a _much_ better result.
Of course I wouldn't have been able to make the card any more beautiful myself. Then again, I never would have allowed myself to send something looking like that... I would have found someone else to do the graphical part, instead..

Still, the card did make me happy :)
Ko saka āboliņš? Pēk pēk pēk!
Luumi
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Luumi »

I do absolutely comp with Dakkus. Nice thing, but should have been done with more professionality. By the way. "uutta vuotta" in finnish is two different words, not a compound word as it is now. Who ever has translated it, should have this feedback :)

Okay, it's seems more like a fight between finnish users. Anyhow, the sentence is completely understandable. The correct layout of the sentence should be asked from a finnish teacher. Too hard for me, english is more easy, although I can be misunderstood in a few other languages than just in finnish and english :D
Finnish forum moderator
Support team member
Finnish 16th / International 178th (Oct 2023)
Puupenni - Wooden Penny
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Post by Puupenni - Wooden Penny »

Thanks a lot for the text -ecard. It was a nice surprise.

There should be more messages from the EBT team, please.

Sorry for thanking so late but I've been too busy lately to check the English speaking forums.

Special thanks to those people who made the text e-card come true. (Or should I say 'happen' or 'take place'? Just a poor joke, sorry. I'm quite happy with my poor EU-monger-English and you should be proud with yours, too). There was no problem whatsoever to get the message.

Nice conversation above. I'm also one of those people who are very very interested in nuances in language. Yes indeed. When you go a bit deeper in the nuances of any language you soon notice there are some greetings and stuff that are ok though they are against what is taught at schools and universities, or even by the highest authority, in this case the truth told by Suomen kielitoimisto, The Finnish Agency for Domain Languages or whatever. I personally know a girl working for the agency and she's far more relaxed with the language than the official dogma and has always understood that all the languages are not fixed but living creatures. We make the language almost as much as we are made by our own language.

This is why I say it with my full heart to all the ebters in the old valid-for-just-for-title-form-Finnish style:

Hyvää Uutta Vuotta 2009 !

Puup Woo enpen

PS. The layout with the card was nice. It's good to notice that some people can handle graphics. I can't. I'm looking forward to see an A6 sized flyer telling the main facts of EBT (maybe graphically with more to basics). Of course different for all the languages and maybe chance to put your own message and a link containing your user id for referrals. That could be divided into four similar parts, printed with your own A4 printer and scissored to four parts to be further given to cashiers, sales persons and other people possibly interested in EBT. The best way to increase the number of notes entered in EBT is not to do it yourself but to let other people help you with it.

PS2. And you have to remember that any time entering a note in EBT you are not doing it just for yourself but you are always giving a present. The present is the pleasure of finding your note later or the pleasure of hearing that your note has been found. Each note you enter in EBT is an potential present to a person you don't know. Still it's a present worth a lot. By the way this is one of the main philosophical principles of EBT that should be noticed, discussioned and far more often mentioned. I would call it sharing, just sharing.

PS3. Now my old laptop is too tired to work but very very slowly so I have to go to sleep too.
debemaks
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by debemaks »

Puupenni - Wooden Penny wrote: PS2. And you have to remember that any time entering a note in EBT you are not doing it just for yourself but you are always giving a present. The present is the pleasure of finding your note later or the pleasure of hearing that your note has been found. Each note you enter in EBT is an potential present to a person you don't know. Still it's a present worth a lot. By the way this is one of the main philosophical principles of EBT that should be noticed, discussioned and far more often mentioned. I would call it sharing, just sharing.
Can I take a bow??? I like this sentence and way of feel this hobby very much!!!!!
Thumbs up for PWP!!! :mrgreen: 8)
I collect and swap 2€ CC, PM for swap!!!!
Do you like card fighting games? Try this one!!
www.palerici.it - Skype: debemaks - my NIG stats
my EBTST stats
Puupenni - Wooden Penny
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Post by Puupenni - Wooden Penny »

debemaks wrote:
Can I take a bow??? - -
Feel free my friend.

Yours,

P W enpen
Milos from Kosice
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie

Post by Milos from Kosice »

Phaseolus wrote:Please post here the translation for the EBT-Postcard into your native language

"Happy New Year 2009 ! EuroBillTracker welcomes Slovakia in the EuroZone ! Track the Slovakian notes !"
"Joyeuse année 2009 ! EuroBillTracker salue l'entrée de la Slovaquie dans la Zone Euro ! Retrouvez la piste des billets Slovaques !"
"Beste Wensen voor 2009 ! EuroBillTracker heet Slowakije hartelijk welkom in de Eurozone ! ! Volg nu de Slowaakse Biljetten !"
"Srečno novo leto 2009! EuroBillTracker pozdravlja Slovaško v Evro območju! Sledite slovaškim bankovcem!"
"Felice Anno Nuovo 2009! EuroBillTracker dà il benvenuto alla Slovacchia nell'area euro! Traccia le banconote slovacche!"
"Feliz Ano Novo 2009! Eurobilltracker dá as boas vindas à Eslováquia à zona Euro! Siga o rasto das notas Eslovacas!"
'Xewqat sbieħ għas-sena l-ġdida 2009 ! EuroBillTracker tilqa' lis-Slovakkja fiz-zona Euro ! Segwi il-passi tal-flus Slovakki !''
"Frohes neues Jahr 2009! EuroBillTracker heißt die Slowakei in der Eurozone willkommen! Trackt die slowakischen Scheine!"
"Onnellista uuttavuotta 2009 ! EuroBillTracker toivottaa Slovakian tervetulleeksi euroalueelle ! Seuraa setelien kiertoa Slovakiassa !""Feliz Año 2009! EuroBillTracker da la bienvenida a Eslovaquia a la Eurozona! Sigue a los billetes Eslovacos!"
"Feliç Any 2009!! Eurobilltracker dóna la benvinguda a Eslovaquia a la eurozona!!
Segueix els bitllets Eslovacs!"

I am from Slovakia, thank you all for your EBT Welcome Card. :D I was surprised when I saw it after my login to EBT on January 8O

Return to “European Association of EuroBillTrackers”