NEW LOGO FOR EBT

Discussion about the European Association of EuroBillTrackers

Moderators: avij, Phaseolus, eddydevries, Yok's

Crazy Bob
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: NEW LOGO FOR EBT

Post by Crazy Bob »

One more question: I would assume that voting is only open to users who registered prior to a certain date? This would prevent the opening of 100 accounts and pushing a certain design to number one.
Phaseolus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Phaseolus »

I did vote by clicking on the link displayed in the welcome message.

The page looks strange :
You first see the logos, then a long list of numerical formulas (a=b=c ; c>f; .... repeated over 30 times), then you can vote and click on the vote. Once voted there is no confirmation of your vote. So you do'nt know if it has worked or not.

Personaly I voted for "c" which looks like the most sensefull and efficient logo.

Could avij check if my vote has been resgitered correctly.
androl
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Location: München (Myeenack, Mjuncken), Deutschland (Chairmany, Djutschländ)

Post by androl »

some questions:

why is logo U so big? would it be a possibility to only use the logo without the text as substitute for the Image and the whole thing as substitute for the big logo

is the copyright symbol in logo S (and T) really intended? What's the point in a copyright symbol, without it, it would look good
Joshu, a Chinese Zen master, asked a cow:
"Do you have Buddha-nature or not?"
The cow answered: "Moo."
klapotec
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by klapotec »

sen-chuan wrote:uhm :? .. I've always thought that this was the size of the new logo...
helloggs wrote:I really like logo U. Maybe the alignment to the text could be improved, but the icon itself is really cool.
The size of the designs was to orient itself on the current logo; logo 'U' was the only logo proposal sent to us including the 'EuroBillTracker' text - if this logo should be chosen (and the rights transferred to the Association), the text would probably be separated from the graphic (like the current site design), which would then be about the right size; I chose to not edit any of the proposals except for resizing them (for about same height) for the poll.
starcapitan
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by starcapitan »

they are horrible . . is much more better the actual one
YOUTUBE channel, tracker with 25 hits also internationals and searching for the first triple ;0)
Web Designer della web agency WEDESA :flag-it:
girls legs SUPERFAN
sen-chuan
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by sen-chuan »

starcapitan wrote:they are horrible . . is much more better the actual one
You are free not to vote.
[EBTCkeck - my EBT Stats aggiornamento/updating: 06.03.2024
Phaseolus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Phaseolus »

starcapitan wrote:they are horrible . . is much more better the actual one
Please mind your language : some people have spent time and energy in designing these logos. They should be thanked for their job. Out of 140.000 users, we did get submissions from only 3 or 5 persons (I can't remember precisely) ; so let's thank the people that are working for free for EBT.
Nerzhul
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Nerzhul »

So, what's the quorum for this vote? Do we need a majority of the 140k users? Will the winner automatically be put on the website?

Quite frankly, most of the displayed logos wouldn't work with the current design. Also, a lot of the logos are pretty ugly, too crowded (e.g. A, J, K, R), rather pointless (what's the moldy moon doing in Q? ... or the copyright sign in S?) or a combination of all these factors ;-)

M is technically well done, but reminds me of the NATO logo too much.

The footstep of U would probably work with a bit of scaling, rotating and color adjustment. T might also work with some slight tuning and being used instead of the "E" of EuroBillTracker.
EBT Webmaster | Author of the EBT-Tool | Dothunter! | EBT News on Twitter
sen-chuan
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by sen-chuan »

I don't say that U is not better than other. I suppose there were a size to being complied with... If I cut, scale, rotate image U, it wont't be what users have voted.

My maximum respect to all who have tried to made images as best they could.
[EBTCkeck - my EBT Stats aggiornamento/updating: 06.03.2024
avij
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by avij »

Phaseolus wrote:I did vote by clicking on the link displayed in the welcome message.

The page looks strange :
You first see the logos, then a long list of numerical formulas (a=b=c ; c>f; .... repeated over 30 times), then you can vote and click on the vote. Once voted there is no confirmation of your vote. So you do'nt know if it has worked or not.

Personaly I voted for "c" which looks like the most sensefull and efficient logo.

Could avij check if my vote has been resgitered correctly.
Yes, it does look a bit odd, but that's what we have at the moment.. There is a confirmation of your vote, it says "Your vote (whatever) has been cast." after voting. If you visit the page afterwards, it'll also say "Your registered vote in this poll: (whatever)". If your vote was not accepted, it may complain something like "You should rank at least two candidates, your vote was not accepted."

If the page says "Your registered vote in this poll" your vote has been recorded, otherwise your vote has not been accepted.
Nerzhul wrote:Will the winner automatically be put on the website?
No, "The winner will then be chosen (by the Board of Directors of the Association) from amongst the three entries which receive the most votes here."
Crazy Bob wrote:One more question: I would assume that voting is only open to users who registered prior to a certain date? This would prevent the opening of 100 accounts and pushing a certain design to number one.
Actually it's not restricted. Normally it'd probably have been restricted to previously registered users, but as the link to the vote is on the front page of EBT I thought it'd be "rude" to the new users if they were not able to vote. Bear in mind that the votes are logged, so if someone tries something stupid, it can be rectified.. So please don't even consider cheating, that'd be extremely childish.
Money makes the world go round. We track how the money goes round the world.
suntzu
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by suntzu »

Unfortunatelly i`ve been away from EBT for quite long time due to several reasons.
I believe it`s quite late to send a logo for appreciation.
If not, let me know so i can send one.
Take care
:flag-pt: :flag-fi: :flag-fr: :flag-si: :flag-nl: :flag-de: :flag-at: :flag-es: hitting since March 2007
Anti-Stress Game
klapotec
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by klapotec »

Well, since we broke our rules once when we changed the voting timeline, we now unashamedly break them again and let latecoming logo designs take part in the vote. Technically, this isn't a problem since people can change their vote and latecomers have less chance of being voted for (because they are late ;) ).

So, if you go to the voting page you will now find a few new logo proposals.

This also means, if you find you have a creative boost in the next few days, send us your logo proposals (read the first post in this topic for how to do so), but remember, the vote will only be open until Sunday, so if you send a logo on Sunday, it very probably ;) won't make it onto the vote page.
suntzu
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by suntzu »

My apologies for the late arrival :mrgreen:
:flag-pt: :flag-fi: :flag-fr: :flag-si: :flag-nl: :flag-de: :flag-at: :flag-es: hitting since March 2007
Anti-Stress Game
Jes
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Jes »

Erm... Ok. What do you think about the following one(s)?

It seems that the attachment cannot be an .EPS, so I used .JPG and .PNG. Shall I send the EPS verion?
Attachments
Logo
Logo
EBT_shoeHorsePrints.PNG (20.97 KiB) Viewed 5922 times
logo
logo
Horseprint_EBT.JPG (92.22 KiB) Viewed 5922 times
Jes Speaks English, French, Spanish, Tokpisin and Esperanto. (Currently learning Swahili).
Don't fear perfection, you'll never reach it! (by Salvador Dali)
my EBT: http://es.eurobilltracker.com/profile/?user=121292" coins and banknote collector. :)
klapotec
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by klapotec »

Jes wrote:It seems that the attachment cannot be an .EPS, so I used .JPG and .PNG. Shall I send the EPS verion?
Well, use the support mail like everyone else (suntzu did too) and you can send the EPS version.

Return to “European Association of EuroBillTrackers”