How to communicate between workgroups?

Discussion about the European Association of EuroBillTrackers

Moderators: avij, Phaseolus, eddydevries, Yok's

Dakkus
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

How to communicate between workgroups?

Post by Dakkus »

Now that the support team gets unmoderation requests, I would really need to constantly communicate with the moderation team. However, I have no idea how to do that.
There's an unmoderation request from an unconvicted user for a hit that seems to me to be genuine, although the hitpartner is a convicted faker. From the note data I can't figure out, why the hit has been moderated, and it seems to me like a moderation error. However, without communicating with the moderation team, I can't know for sure, and can't react to the request in any manner.

So, how is the inter-workgroup communication supposed to happen? What workgroups do even exist and who are their members?

I would suggest making an internal tool for workgroups for sending messages to each other. And, in the case of support requests, the support request ticket should also have a big red sign saying: "Communication with another workgroup regarding this ticket has been requested but not answered yet!" or "....read the answer here" if such communication has been made.

Of course there are also clear cases that I can unmoderate, that meaning automoderated hits from users that are clearly trustworthy. That's why it is good that also the support team can unmoderate. But the feature should be streamlined a bit more to make sure the unmoderation policy won't get too lax.
Ko saka āboliņš? Pēk pēk pēk!
Puupenni - Wooden Penny
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Re: How to communicate between workgroups?

Post by Puupenni - Wooden Penny »

silence?

Puup woo enpen
Dakkus
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Dakkus »

Well, here indeed. But the problem has been solved anyway and we are now able to communicate with each other :)
Ko saka āboliņš? Pēk pēk pēk!
Nerzhul
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Nerzhul »

Puupenni - Wooden Penny wrote:silence?
Hmmm, this has long been resolved.

A lot of internal communication happens outside this forum through IRC and hidden subforums. The Association isn't as dead as it may appear here - quite the contrary. There are monthly BoD meetings and the working groups are actively coordinating and working, mostly even together ;-)

This is pretty effective, but also probably very boring and intransparent for members of the Association.

Any ideas how to handle this? Any internals which should be leaked outside? ;-) What can we do to make EBT more transparent?
EBT Webmaster | Author of the EBT-Tool | Dothunter! | EBT News on Twitter
Crossmaster
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Crossmaster »

What about posting continious a short protocol, containing the main topics of the monthly BoD meetings?
Doi merg prin pădure. Unul găseşte 100 de lei altul nu...

Mein Profil, meine NIG-Statistiken.
Phaseolus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Phaseolus »

Crossmaster wrote:What about posting continious a short protocol, containing the main topics of the monthly BoD meetings?
Whats' the link with the current topic ?

Minutes of the BoD should be intended for the BoD-members...

no ?
Nerzhul
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Nerzhul »

Phaseolus wrote:
Crossmaster wrote:What about posting continious a short protocol, containing the main topics of the monthly BoD meetings?
Whats' the link with the current topic ?

Minutes of the BoD should be intended for the BoD-members...

no ?
That would be ok IF the individual BoD members were regularly informing the community of the country they are representing about recent developments and hot topics. To my knowledge this is currently not happening.

Also, I don't see a reason why we should keep the agenda of the BoD meetings secret.
EBT Webmaster | Author of the EBT-Tool | Dothunter! | EBT News on Twitter

Return to “European Association of EuroBillTrackers”