Where are you? (politicaly speaking..)

Tell us who you are, where you from, etc...

Moderators: Phaseolus, Fons

You vote in..?

Left
36%
Right
35%
Anarchy
4%
Far Left
8%
Far Right
6%
Abstention
7%
Monarchy
3%

Total votes: 201

BossaNova
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Where are you? (politicaly speaking..)

Post by BossaNova »

yes, what's your politics?
Fundamental
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Fundamental »

Left!
wouter
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Post by wouter »

Left! (of course, I'm a student in environmental sciences that helps :lol: )
The Force is like Duck-tape, it has a dark side, a light side and it holds the universe together.
emmem
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Post by emmem »

I voted for anarchy, but I'm really a centre left green kind of person.
Last track:.31-07-2007.:
Skylimit
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Post by Skylimit »

From my 18th till 31st I have always voted centre left. (ie Red)
For Europe, I voted green once.

Since four years we have a purple-green gouvernment.
They had a lot of fights (6 parties in one gouvernment ?)
but I got some sympathy for the work the blue partner (liberal democrats) has done ... considering they are tradionally more centre right wing ... they have worked very well together with red and green, and are the biggest party in Belgium, with Verhofstadt as prime mininster. This guy Guy will have an international career, some day, somewhere.

The mix that came out of the box was fine with me ... I'm pretty sure that green will be dumped .... I guess I'm purple for the time being.

It is the first time I have doubts, ..., getting older has made me less left ... I don't know if you could call that more conservative ... red is more conservative than progressive liberals.
Time is on our side ...
BogPoet
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by BogPoet »

I voted for abstension, because, until now, I have always taken the conscious decision not to vote. Despite sometimes finding myself agreeing with right-wing parties' decisions (such as the EURO, which was mostly a right-wing call), I am mostly a left-wing person, but I don't vote, because I don't feel there is one party with which I agree 100% (and I also think there's a lot of flaws in democracy - but that's another story). Actually, in my early teens, I took a pretty thorough self-course in anarchistic thought, and I still retain some ideas from that period. <flashback>It's such a wonderful utopia... Sometimes I wander if it would be achievable.</flashback>
BossaNova
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Post by BossaNova »

wouter wrote:Left! (of course, I'm a student in environmental sciences that helps :lol: )
cool! the same with me :wink:

bn :arrow:
Antti
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Post by Antti »

I don't know really, sometimes I agree with the right wing, sometimes with the left wing. I'm green in moost question but also liberal. That's a big mixture, but it's just me.
And I'm definately against the extreme right wing. A friend of mine turned to extreme right this winter and we've had some quarrels later on, I'm trying to make good opposites for his arguments. But it's easy for him, he is into organisations that give him premade ideals and arguments while I try to knock them down by myself
nodisch18
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by nodisch18 »

:arrow:
"The world is like a book, those
who don't travel only read the first page
"
nodisch18
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by nodisch18 »

BossaNova wrote:
wouter wrote:Left! (of course, I'm a student in environmental sciences that helps :lol: )
Cool, i did a environmental study as well! And right now I am a environmental adviser, working for diferent cities.
"The world is like a book, those
who don't travel only read the first page
"
wouter
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Post by wouter »

nodisch18 wrote:
BossaNova wrote:
Cool, i did a environmental study as well! And right now I am a environmental adviser, working for diferent cities.
Cool, we have a real environmental expert group here this way :D
The Force is like Duck-tape, it has a dark side, a light side and it holds the universe together.
Olivier
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Olivier »

The fact is that the "left" and the "right" are not yet the same in our countries...
In Quebec, there is no left and right, but "liberals", "democrats", "souverainists"... The Parti Québécois (independantist) is more on left that the Liberals, but the Liberals are baaad communists for the US partis! :-)

Tony Blair is Labour but is the best ally of Bush, far right. Chirac (right) is working closely with Schröder (left)...

It's a bit confusing.
codi
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

Post by codi »

nodisch18 wrote:
BossaNova wrote:
I'm in the club too :wink:
BossaNova
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Post by BossaNova »

Olivier wrote:The fact is that the "left" and the "right" are not yet the same in our countries...
In Quebec, there is no left and right, but "liberals", "democrats", "souverainists"... The Parti Québécois (independantist) is more on left that the Liberals, but the Liberals are baaad communists for the US partis! :-)

Tony Blair is Labour but is the best ally of Bush, far right. Chirac (right) is working closely with Schröder (left)...

It's a bit confusing.
yes is true.. the concepts are more and more unclear.. specially to define a party as right or left.. now they all love to say they're center-...something.., my poll was really about what each EBT user think it's they're own politics..

I'm a left guy, and already voted right for local elections...

bn :arrow:
BossaNova
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Post by BossaNova »

codi wrote:
nodisch18 wrote:
BossaNova wrote:
I'm in the club too :wink:
hmmmm there should be an environmental forum.. only for us :lol:
bn 8)

Return to “EuroBillTracker Users”