What is your favorite football club?

Tell us who you are, where you from, etc...

Moderators: Fons, Phaseolus

MetalAtog
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by MetalAtog »

Luigi_Delvecchio wrote:
Rufes wrote:PSV and Barcelona!
Congratulations for the new PSV coach Ronald Koeman. :wink: He was the coach of the team that I suport :arrow: S L Benfica :twisted:
I'm also a SL Benfica supporter and all i can say is thank you, thank you very much for taking Ronald Koeman away from Benfica.

I just hope he does the same on PSV as he did this season on Benfica, it's the revenge from the 1988 final :mrgreen:
DAVID & KATY
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by DAVID & KATY »

My to BENFICA is the best!!! :lol:

http://www.slbenfica.pt/
yli
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by yli »

at the moment Willem II :flag-nl:, because I live in Tilburg (for 5,5 years now)

but last season was terrible to be honest
Jelle zonder internet. Het was een leuke hobby, maar niet mijn hobby. Een leven zonder internet is mijn ding. Een leven van geld uitgeven in plaats van tracken zeg maar.... hahaha. Ja, er mag gelachen worden.
Inloggen op site lukt niet meer, maakt niet uit. Ik snap toch niets van nieuwe biljetten :lol:
FCB4EVER
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

Post by FCB4EVER »

As you could imagine from my nick it's F.C. Bruges
Irrer Ivan
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Irrer Ivan »

Hamburger SV

(BTW: The only football club in germany, who has played all seasons of the First League since this League exists)
pepitopulpito
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by pepitopulpito »

Irrer Ivan wrote:Hamburger SV

(BTW: The only football club in germany, who has played all seasons of the First League since this League exists)
Really? I had no idea!
In Spain only Barcelona, Athletic Bilbao and Real Madrid have done that. And Barcelona is the only who has played in European competitions every year since European competitions exist (Real Madrid lost 1994-1995, I think)
¡Participa! Speel mee! Participez! Take part in! Spiel mit!
:flag-eu: EBT WhatPulse Team :flag-eu:
JP Simões
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by JP Simões »

pepitopulpito wrote:And Barcelona is the only who has played in European competitions every year since European competitions exist (Real Madrid lost 1994-1995, I think)
Real Madrid took part in the 1994-95 UEFA Cup, where they reached the Third Round after beating Sporting Lisbon and Dinamo Moscow and losing to Odense Boldklub

Barcelona didn't play any European Trophy in 1955-56 :wink:
De férias por período indeterminado...
Angelino
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Angelino »

uefa.com says:

This forerunner to the UEFA Cup, the Inter-Cities Fairs Cup, was founded on 18 April 1955, two weeks after the founding of the European Champion Clubs’ Cup. The first Fairs Cup involved teams from Barcelona, Basle, Birmingham, Copenhagen, Frankfurt, Lausanne, Leipzig, London, Milan and Zagreb. The original tournament lasted three years, with matches timed to coincide with trade fairs. Barcelona, using players purely from FC Barcelona, beat a London representative side 8-2 on aggregate in the final.

In 1955 the Barcelona city team was enterely made with FC Barcelona players.

The UEFA Champions League champion is the only team which has played all seasons in European competitions. The first competition we won a London city team, and in the last, again, we won a London team: Arsenal :wink: .

Real Madrid lost one season, but I think was in the later 70ies.
lee13
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular

Post by lee13 »

I am a supporter of Feyenoord, Rotterdam. From my puppy-time till the day I die...
Ergo bibamus
JP Simões
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by JP Simões »

angelino (with help from uefa.com) wrote:Real Madrid lost one season, but I think was in the later 70ies.
EDIT: Sorry, but I messed up with some dates. MetalAtog noticed.

Real Madrid did not take part in the 1977-78 European Cups because they finished ninth the season before.

And in 1995-96 they finished sixth, hence not taking part in the following year in UEFA competitions.
Last edited by JP Simões on Mon May 29, 2006 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MetalAtog
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by MetalAtog »

Zé da Silva wrote:
angelino (with help from uefa.com) wrote:Real Madrid lost one season, but I think was in the later 70ies.
Real Madrid missed the 1977-78 (finished sixth the year before) and the 1996-97 (I don't see why; they won La Liga in 95-96! - maybe they were suspended) European Seasons
in 1995-96 was Atletico Madrid that won La Liga, that year Real was 6th or 7th.
JP Simões
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by JP Simões »

MetalAtog wrote:
Zé da Silva wrote:
Real Madrid missed the 1977-78 (finished sixth the year before) and the 1996-97 (I don't see why; they won La Liga in 95-96! - maybe they were suspended) European Seasons
in 1995-96 was Atletico Madrid that won La Liga, that year Real was 6th or 7th.
I admit I was wrong. Had a small problem with dates...
pepitopulpito
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by pepitopulpito »

And then in the 1996/97 Real Madrid won the league again, with a superteam, trained by Fabio Capello... They bought, in the same year: Panucci, Roberto Carlos, Seedorf, Pedrag Mijatovic, Davor Suker (what a couple of players...), Bodo Illgner... They made the basis of the 1998 Champions League winners... :roll:
You see, after a crisis, we came out again. I hope that will happen again soon... :cry:
I was remembering, they bought Carlos Secretario too!!! :lol: What a funny player... :lol:
¡Participa! Speel mee! Participez! Take part in! Spiel mit!
:flag-eu: EBT WhatPulse Team :flag-eu:
MetalAtog
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by MetalAtog »

pepitopulpito wrote: I was remembering, they bought Carlos Secretario too!!! :lol: What a funny player... :lol:
I still wonder how the hell Secretario played in a team like Real Madrid. Probably the worst player in the history of Real Madrid :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
stilleke
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular

Post by stilleke »

club brugge

Return to “EuroBillTracker Users”