Which languages do you know?

Tell us who you are, where you from, etc...

Moderators: Phaseolus, Fons

ag_pt
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular

Post by ag_pt »

Anonymous wrote:Portuguese: native language, with the most perfect accent from Lisbon city...
English: you can see it's true, I really speak and write it!
French: "comme ci comme ça..." medium level, I hope I'm able to mantain a conversation fluent with the minimum amount of words.
Spanish: every portuguese can speak a confuse spanish-like cocktail mix and be understood
Italian: Understand a bit, talk a bit... "grazie, prego, arrivederci, ciao belissima"!
German: On a "auf wiedersehn"-basis like isolated words
Hungarian: "Viszontlátásra" and "Köszönöm szépen" and that's all folks!
The above message was posted by me!

Post by Guest »

(Flemish) Dutch - mother tongue
French - Father tongue
West-Vlaams (Belgian dialect, i'm one of the few people outside able to understand perfectly in the rap songs of 't Hof Van Commerce)
English - very fluently (speak it daily, work in international place)
German - don't speak it, but can read it fluently
Finnish - struggling with it, starting to be able to read easy sentences, but making my own sentences is impossible (tooooooo many conjugations !!!)
Latin - had to study it for 6 years in high school
Italian - if you speak French and Latin, it's no problem to understand it (except of course for all the weird dialects)
Aylah
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie

Post by Aylah »

German: my birthlanguage
English: I'm still learning English at school (since 5 years) and I've been to an english familiy two years ago.
French: I'm also learning French at school (since 3 years) and I've been to France a few weeks ago. It worked as good as english and I'm going to visit France again in next summer.
Latin: I'm learning it since a few months...
Man möchte zuweilen ein Kannibale sein, nicht um den einen oder anderen aufzufressen, sondern um ihn auszukotzen. (E.M.Ciovan)
Van Geel
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular

Post by Van Geel »

Dutch
English
(a little bit) German.

Post by Guest »

Finnish: mother tongue
English: understanding very good, pronounciation could be better
Swedish: sufficient, but trying to forget it completely, I have no use for the language
German: needs some refreshing, but I still understand quite well words related to murder investigations thanks to certain tv shows
Spanish: trying to learn more, I can make simple sentences and sometimes even understand what the hyperactive spaniards are saying :D
Prynde
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

Post by Prynde »

Finnish: birth language
English: very good on both spoken and written
Swedish: i was forced to study it but never learned it... was lucky to pass all the exams :roll:
French: some words
Karhut ne vaan käppäilee
nti Täti
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie

Post by nti Täti »

I'm more into science and art than languages, but I can:
Finnish
English

understand and read a bit German (studied for 5 years, 3 years with not-so-good teachers)
remain silent in Swedish

It would be really cool to learn sign language, but I haven't got time to start studying it.

I've never really got that womanlanguage-thing, either because it comes so naturally I haven't even noticed it, or because I've never heard/saw it or if I have, I haven't recogiced it. All I know is that I have to ask all the time what my friends mean with what they say, and that they are nearly always boys whose messages remain as mysteries... Touché.
avij wrote:Finnish: My native language. I read, write and speak Finnish fluently, unless I'm talking to an attractive young girl in which case I typically forget what I was saying and make a fool of myself. Well, c'est la vie.
Hooray, no stupid beautiqueen-competitions are needed anymore: every girl who wants to know, are they attractive or not, simply go and talk to avij and find out what their unsure minds have dersired to know! :wink: Marvellous.
Kohtuus kaikessa mutta liioitella saa aina.

languages

Post by Guest »

8) My first language is polish
my second language is engilsh
I also speak and read russian
I also speak hebrew
and i also speak arabic
oh and i speak romany(gypsy)
avij
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: languages

Post by avij »

Anonymous wrote:8) My first language is polish
my second language is engilsh
I also speak and read russian
I also speak hebrew
and i also speak arabic
oh and i speak romany(gypsy)
Cool, would you like to help translating EBT into one of those languages? :wink:

By the way, I'd recommend registering on the forum (see the links on the top of the page), it makes your life easier in the long run.
village
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie

Post by village »

German: mother tongue
English: quite fluently, sometimes problems understanding strange pronounciations
Russian: understanding, small-talk and a bit more
French: difficult, but trying hard to improve. Already a bit more than "tourist's minimum" (reading seems to be a bit easier)
Polish: asking for the way with a chance to understand the answer or to ask for more clarity
Czech: a bit worse than polish, but was already usable in some situations
Dutch: some ability to read, but could be better[/list]
brett

Post by brett »

English: my birth language. born and raised(and sadly still living) in toronto, canada.
(Quebecois) French: yes there is a difference between quebec french and france french. quebec french has a lot more english influence. Ive studied it all my life in school. a good thing about living in canada is that everything is in english and french which made it a lot easier for me learn it.
Norwegian: thanks to my grandmother and some books, i know norwegian well enough to get buy for a while in norway.
Czech: the girl i like is from Czech republic and shes taught me a few words.
aplfi
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by aplfi »

Suomi: on äidinkieli
English: a little bit
Deutsch: Einige Wörter
Svenska: Inte so bra
Ning
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

Post by Ning »

French : mothertongue
Alsacien : local language (2nd language) in Alsace
German : very very close to Alsacien so it's ok. (I live at the border between France and Germany).
English : I understand written english and I can write in english easily (with a few mistakes) but listening or speaking is very hard for me.
I'm going to learn also Spanish or Italian some day. That's one reason why I want to learn French. They don't teach Spanish or Italian in our school and I can use French to learn then later :)
Yeah, when I'm drunk I can understand Spanish and Italian though I've never learned these languages :)
Last edited by Ning on Sun Feb 01, 2004 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
!Pretfles!
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by !Pretfles! »

!Pretfles! wrote:I've recently started studying russian in evening school
it is good fun
but very difficult
Now I passed the first module and had my first exam, and started the second,

reading and writing it + simple sentences don't pose a problem anymore, I really start to enjoy it.
My Flickr
Personal Blog
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
('.)_('.) webpage to help him gain world domination.
Jarin
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie

Post by Jarin »

Czech (birth language)
Dutch
English
German
French (a little bit)
Polish (some words)

Return to “EuroBillTracker Users”