Your hobbies apart from EBT?

Tell us who you are, where you from, etc...

Moderators: Phaseolus, Fons

Aaron
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Your hobbies apart from EBT?

Post by Aaron »

I tried to find if this topic was already opened before but I couldn't find it. So, what else do you have in your life than EuroBillTracking (i.e. do you have a life? :lol: ) Tell also something about your interests (like your results in sports etc.)

Here's the list of my hobbies...

I collect coins and notes. Started that when I was about 10 years old. The prides of my collection are a Finnish 2-mark coin from 1860's (they are very rare) and German 2 and 5 reichsmark coins from 1932 and 1938.

I like old cars very much. Mostly I do just "spotting" which means I keep my eyes open in traffic. :wink: I have and old Skoda S110R Coupé '76 and they're just 8 in the Finnish vehicle register. I just put it to rest over the winter as it's getting chilly here in Finland and the heating system is almost as bad as in VW Beetle. Another Skoda I have is 120L '77 but it's still under construction. The body is so rusty that I'll have to change the whole right side under the doors. I'll weld the chassis during the winter weekends.

I collect old number plates of cars. The oldest one I have is from 1935. I have placed them on wall of my room at my parents' place. I have also a lot of old Finnish number plates from 1972 and before. They had a black bottom. I got also Estonian number plates from my friend, and most of them are from the Soviet times.

I started brewing beer during my studying years. Beer is quite expensive in Finland and quite many students brew beer at home. I've become quite good at that and I've to say my beer is better than normal Finnish beer you can get from supermarkets. My beer is not orthodoxly brewed though - I have added some sugar to boost the fermentation. :roll: So it doesn't fulfil the regulations of the Bavarian Purity Law. :wink:

One of my hobby is also reading old encyclopaedias (sounds boring but it's totally opposite!). My father is some kind of a book freak and the oldest encyclopaedias we have are from the time before WWI.

My favourite hobby is probably underground comics, especially American ones. I'm a great fan of the Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers. It tells about three hippies who always end up in irrational adventures. I wonder if anyone of you have ever heard about that series. But I like also mainstream stuff as Asterix and Lucky Luke.

These are some of my hobbies. I don't count my physical hobbies, as cycling, real hobbies at all as I use my bicycle for going from place A to place B. I don't go "just for cycling" at all.
nodisch18
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by nodisch18 »

My biggets hobby, even bigger than Ebt... :oops: , is Formula 1. I have been watching this since the late 80's when my father made me enthousiastic. Since 1993 i have seen almost every race, except the races when i was on vacantion. I even been to a couple of races:
1996 France (with my father and brother)
1998 Belgium (with friends)
1999 Belgium (with friends)
2000 Belgium (with friends)
2002 Belgium (with friends)
2004 Malaysia! :lol: :lol: (Me and my girlfriend are planning a trip to Malaysia next year so i hope i can make her mad enough to go at least one day to the circuit!)

Apart from the Formula 1 I recently started to make pictures from things i like. But i'm not that good so I'm planning to put some extra time in it and practise a lot.
For the people who care i have a Nikon F55 with a 28-80mm and a 70-300mm Nikkor lens.

Other things i like to do in my spare time are:
- Hanging out with friends
- watching National Geographic Channel, Discovery Channel
- Going to the movies
querty
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Post by querty »

nodisch18 wrote:2004 Malaysia! :lol: :lol: (Me and my girlfriend are planning a trip to Malaysia next year so i hope i can make her mad enough to go at least one day to the circuit!)
Good luck!
nodisch18 wrote:- Going to the movies
I like that to and also watching movies on television, video and DVD.

Saturday I saw Lantana on video. Some psycho-dramatic movie but I loved it. I love thrillers.
tinka
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Post by tinka »

my biggest hobby's are collecting stamps, that i got from my dad

every week you can find me also at the belgian red cross.

and since a good 6 months i'm also a verry good poster on a forum for helping persons like nursses, docters, fireman, red cross, flemisch cross, ansd persons that are interessted in those jobs ore persons (www.first-response.be) (only in dutch)

and off course EBT

and in janauri i'm going to start a evening course about informatics to learn more about my pc
click me please, im saving points for a IPod
http://www.ipodvoorniks.nl/?page=clicks&ref=7801
Donald
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Donald »

I explore the city of Duckburg, Calisota and I study the lives of its inhabitants.

Once in a while I write book reviews (non-fiction) for a major German newspaper.

I also follow the things that happen in the 22nd, 23rd and 24th century.

The trickiest thing I try to do is applied christian mysticism.
Last edited by Donald on Mon Sep 08, 2003 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Divine
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Divine »

I search hidden containers in woods and urban areas with a GPS receiver: Geocaching! :D
!Pretfles!
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by !Pretfles! »

I've also started collecting coins when I was about 10 Years old
nowadays its a bit quieter on that front,
I'm waiting for the new countries to join for more coins
:lol:

I've also worked at a local radiostation for 9 years since I was 16
a few months ago we had to stop because it was to expensive to continue.

We are preparing to start a new radiostation for next year, we have to wait to get a license
so on that front its very exciting to

I read a lot
mainly science fiction

and as every computernerd I am also a huge fan of Startrek 8)
My Flickr
Personal Blog
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
('.)_('.) webpage to help him gain world domination.
bhoeyb
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by bhoeyb »

I've been collecting since I was 7. My collection of stamps is the largest. How many, I don't know but if you take out 1.000 stamps, you won't see the difference :roll: . I'm collecting on a passive way at the moment.

When I have vacation from work, I'm traveling. I try to go on vacation 3-4 times a year -mostly low budget with backpack or as a guide-.

I like to make photos with my Canon Pro90IS -digital- but I need to practise more :roll: .

I like nature, know a lot about Belgian mammals and I help banding birds for scientific research.

My newest hobby is metal detection. I have bought a metal detector last week and my most beautiful discovery is a coin called 'Oord' from late 1600 made in Luik-Belgium.

I don't have time for sports (yuk) or watching TV (like I did too much in the past).

For the rest of time, I'm member of EBT :wink: .
Aaron
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Aaron »

bhoeyb wrote:My newest hobby is metal detection. I have bought a metal detector last week and my most beautiful discovery is a coin called 'Oord' from late 1600 made in Luik-Belgium.
8O Where did you find the coin? Just walked on a street with the detector and shovel and then found the coin or what?
Aaron
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Aaron »

nodisch18 wrote:Apart from the Formula 1 I recently started to make pictures from things i like. But i'm not that good so I'm planning to put some extra time in it and practise a lot.
For the people who care i have a Nikon F55 with a 28-80mm and a 70-300mm Nikkor lens.
Have you taken the photo of your avatar? I like it. :)
nodisch18
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by nodisch18 »

Aaron wrote:Have you taken the photo of your avatar? I like it. :)
ImageImage Yes i made it myself! ImageImage

no i didn't, i found it somewhere on the web... :oops: :oops:

edit: typo
Dakkus
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Dakkus »

My hobbies aside EBT are:
Bicycling: Whenever possible. My school trip is 22km and I do it by bicycle. Unfortunately my bike was just stolen. There were just trails of a van where my bike was supposed to be :(

Public transport hobby: Not exactly trainspotting, but quite close to it. I try to know everything about buses, metros, trains and trams (in that order).
I want to know where they move, what are the specialities, what special has happened to them, what happens and so on.
There is a good Finnish IRC channel and a forum (http://bus.ferrycom.net/forum/) about it.
Some other info about these:
http://mercurio.iet.unipi.it/
http://mystinenportaali.com/bussi/
http://vaunut.org/
http://bussit.net/tampere/
There is also a site thousands of pics in the internet, but for an apparent reason I won't tell you the address.
(BTW, Die Bahn's route planning system knows _every_ European railway station and timetables (and some asian ones like Beijing, too). Try it and you'll fall in love with it.)

I'm also a stinking geek. Meaning that I simply love tweaking computers (if they have a decent OS, of course ;)). OS/2, NetBSD, Linux, MacOS are all gods.
Ko saka āboliņš? Pēk pēk pēk!
Aaron
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Aaron »

By the way, my pride and joy, Skoda S110R Coupé, looks like this:

The only difference is that my car is reddish orange. The colour is called "Rouge Colorado".

I had always dreamed about a red sportscar and then I found this and bought it. :mrgreen: Porsche 911 is much more common than this. I wanted to have something special. :wink:
bhoeyb
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by bhoeyb »

Aaron wrote:
bhoeyb wrote:My newest hobby is metal detection. I have bought a metal detector last week and my most beautiful discovery is a coin called 'Oord' from late 1600 made in Luik-Belgium.
8O Where did you find the coin? Just walked on a street with the detector and shovel and then found the coin or what?
I've found that coin on a corn field near the place I live.
querty
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Post by querty »

Donald wrote:I explore the city of Duckburg, Calisota and I study the lives of its inhabitants.

Once in a while I write book reviews (non-fiction) for a major German newspaper.

I also follow the things that happen in the 22nd, 23rd and 24th century.

The trickiest thing I try to do is applied christian mysticism.
So you are going back to the future sometimes? :lol:

Return to “EuroBillTracker Users”