How many times have you moved?

Tell us who you are, where you from, etc...

Moderators: Phaseolus, Fons

How many time have you moved?

Never. I'm living where I was born.
18%
Once
14%
Twice
14%
3 - 5
19%
6 - 9
20%
More than 10 times!
15%

Total votes: 232

Olivier
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

How many times have you moved?

Post by Olivier »

Americans are known to move every 1 or 2 years... I wonder if you have moved as much as them...

If you have moved often... was it in the same city/region/country? :-)
Tiger
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Tiger »

When I was born, my parents lived in a small appartment in Mortsel (not so far from here). Then when my brother was born, we had to move because we didn't have enough space. So we rented a house in Kontich.
The house was not that good, so after a while we stopped renting it and bought a bigger appartment back in Mortsel. (We still have that one, now it's my dad's cabinet for his work)
Then my second brother was born, and again we had to move out. Then we bought a large house in Edegem (also very near to Kontich and Mortsel, in fact just between the two), and we stayed there for about 10 years. Then my mom wanted to have her 'dreamhouse', and we bought a nice piece of land in Kontich, and build our own villa.
Now we already live there for 3 years.

This week, I moved to Leuven, to live in a student's room. It's because I go to the university starting from this year.
In the weekends I'm still at home though....
Tiger : Dutch, English, French, German
Little Spanish and Italian
Trying Finnish and Japanese :)
ellinoora
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

Post by ellinoora »

I have moved 6 times. Only once in to another city.
join #ebt @ IRCnet, welcome =)
my stats, which are olde ones...
Annie_in_exile
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Post by Annie_in_exile »

I've had 12 homes in three countries - and I hate moving!!! :x

(During the six first I was still living with my parents, so the decision wasn't mine.)
Last edited by Annie_in_exile on Thu Sep 25, 2003 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
nodisch18
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by nodisch18 »

I only moved once...

And I still stayed in my home-town.
Fundamental
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Fundamental »

Finland : Tampere -> Joensuu (inside 3 times) -> Harjavalta -> Soon back to Tampere (in 2 months) Between 1998-2003
Dakkus
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Dakkus »

For the first months of my life I was homeless. Then we got a home from Kumpula, Helsinki. After a while we moved to Vallila, Helsinki. I don't know why. It was a nice wooden house. Then (when I was about 5-year-old) we lived in a huge house between Kumpula and Käpylä in Helsinki. If you sat on the yard and looked at the houses you saw nice little letters above each corridor. First one had "A", the second one had "B" and so on. And the last one had "N". I lived in L 112. It was on ground floor. If you live in Helsinki, go check the place. The house has it's own kindergarden and a shop quite nearby. You'll recognize it, believe me :)) The house was badly built, so it was baad for our lungs. After a few years we moved to Kouvola (aargh) in eastern Finland. The house was a concrete blob in northern part of Kouvola (Lehtomäki). I spent two first years of my school there. Then, when I was some 8-year-old we moved back to the Capital City Area, to Espoo. (to area called "Suna". Read that backwards :P). It was a rowhouse.
We lived there for four years and after that we moved to a newly built rowhouse between Tuomarila and Kirstinmäki, very close to Suna. We moved because the old one was old, small and crappy.
Now I've somewhat moved away from my parents, though I'll probably move back when the weather gets too cold. Maybe. We'll see.
Ko saka āboliņš? Pēk pēk pēk!
Aaron
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Aaron »

I was born in Hämeenlinna. We lived first in Palokunnankatu (Fire Brigade St.) When I was still baby we moved to Birger Jaarlin katu (Earl Birger's St.) When I was at the age of five my parents bought an old vicarage in Tyrväntö, in municipality of Hattula. It's 25 km from Hämeenlinna and the house is in the middle of woods. I found it very big when I was kid; 300 sq.m and the rooms are three metres high.

I moved to study in Turku after the upper secondary school and my military service (I was 20). I didn't have money to hold the flat I had and I had to move back to Tyrväntö for summer after the first year. Then I got another flat in the following autumn and lived there for some years. Then I changed my flat again and moved to Student Village. I moved to another flat together with my girlfriend at the beginning of this month.

Nothing special. A normal, boring life. :roll:
Sneakster
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Sneakster »

Well, I moved 2 times. I lived in Raamsdonksveer, where I was born, for over 25 years. I met my wife in Breda, and because her employer had his headoffice in Rijswijk near the Hague, we moved to the Hague, but only lived there for 8 or 9 months. Later on we bought a nice appartment in Breda, where we live now for 3 years.
Thomas B
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular

Post by Thomas B »

I was born in Amsterdam, then moved to Nieuwegein and six years ago to Zeist, where I live now.
airis
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by airis »

I´ve moved 8 times:
Posio (19 years) -> Oulu (studied 3 years and moved once) -> Posio (military service in Sodankylä) -> Rovaniemi (studied 2 years) -> Posio -> Rovaniemi (I have lived here for 7 years and moved 2 times inside the town)
Last edited by airis on Sat Sep 27, 2003 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
BogPoet
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by BogPoet »

When I was born, my parents still lived with my grandparents. Only when I was 6, we moved to the same apartment where we live now. After that, I only moved to Lisbon, three years ago. Last year, I moved from a dorm to my current apartment.
Tracking (again) Image
!Pretfles!
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by !Pretfles! »

I've moved 3 times
I first lived with my parents in Mechelen untill I was 9,
than my grandmother died and we went to live in Sint Katelijne Waver, whit my grandfather who was blind but still independent,
unfortunately he died 2 years later and we went to live in another small village in the neighbourhood Onze Lieve Vrouw Waver,
and since 2 years I live back in Mechelen with my future wife.
My Flickr
Personal Blog
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
('.)_('.) webpage to help him gain world domination.
bhoeyb
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by bhoeyb »

I moved only twice. First inside Zonhoven (when I was a little child) and recently from Zonhoven to Herentals (so it's easier for me to enter Euro banknotes :twisted: ).
beezzzt
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

Post by beezzzt »

I just moved from my home to my office. What a drag. :lol:
I've lived in Scherpenheuvel all my life.
Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years.

Return to “EuroBillTracker Users”