How many times have you moved?

Tell us who you are, where you from, etc...

Moderators: Fons, Phaseolus

How many time have you moved?

Never. I'm living where I was born.
41
18%
Once
32
14%
Twice
32
14%
3 - 5
44
19%
6 - 9
45
20%
More than 10 times!
35
15%
 
Total votes: 229

User avatar
Elmo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 4069
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2002 4:16 pm
Location: Leiden (Netherlands)

Post by Elmo » Fri Sep 26, 2003 2:13 pm

Almost 13 years ago I moved from Voorschoten to Leiden.
Last edited by Elmo on Tue Sep 30, 2003 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are 'It might have been.' - Kurt Vonnegut

User avatar
Johnyboy
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular
Posts: 239
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2003 12:09 am
Location: Son

Post by Johnyboy » Fri Sep 26, 2003 2:26 pm

3 times.

19 years ago Voorschoten ---> Son
8 years ago Son --> Sassenheim
6 years ago Sassenheim ---> Son

User avatar
Olivier
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 3358
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2002 9:58 pm
Location: Evian

Post by Olivier » Sat Sep 27, 2003 1:54 am

I have lived in 10 different homes. :)
In the Loire Valley, Normandy, Alsace and Paris (4 different addresses in Paris).
I have also lived 2 years in Africa, when I was a child (2 addresses in Gabon).
I have been living in Canada for almost a year.

I already know that I'll move in a few years, in Canada or somewhere else.

(Eurobillsandcoins is the best for all his moves!)

User avatar
querty
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training
Posts: 997
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2003 5:22 pm
Location: Opitter, Belgian Limburg, Belgium

Post by querty » Sat Sep 27, 2003 12:49 pm

Olivier wrote:I have lived in 10 different homes. :)
In the Loire Valley, Normandy, Alsace and Paris (4 different addresses in Paris).
I have also lived 2 years in Africa, when I was a child (2 addresses in Gabon).
I have been living in Canada for almost a year.

I already know that I'll move in a few years, in Canada or somewhere else.

(Eurobillsandcoins is the best for all his moves!)
Which one was the nicest place to live?
Ah, look at all the lonely Euronotes. Where do they all come from? (The Beatles, Eleanor Rigby)

Carpe Ico

User avatar
Olivier
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 3358
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2002 9:58 pm
Location: Evian

Post by Olivier » Sat Sep 27, 2003 7:21 pm

querty wrote:
Olivier wrote:I have lived in 10 different homes. :)
In the Loire Valley, Normandy, Alsace and Paris (4 different addresses in Paris).
I have also lived 2 years in Africa, when I was a child (2 addresses in Gabon).
I have been living in Canada for almost a year.

I already know that I'll move in a few years, in Canada or somewhere else.

(Eurobillsandcoins is the best for all his moves!)
Which one was the nicest place to live?
These places are so different, It's hard to compare.
I liked very much my life in Gabon, when I was a child. We still often speak about this couple years with my family. It was an incredible experience which gave me the wish of living abroad, for my life I think.

I really like the North-american way of life, with the "french touch" you can have in Quebec. It's an interesting country!

Of course, I loved Paris. Living in Paris is just great, and I may go back there one day, I don't know...:-)

If I had to move today, I would love to move to Italy. There is less snow there than in Canada! ;-)

Olivier

User avatar
Fons
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 14621
Joined: Sat Oct 19, 2002 12:14 am
Location: Netherlands

I moved only once

Post by Fons » Sat Sep 27, 2003 9:00 pm

I moved only one time, when I was 4 months old I moved from Utrecht to Werkendam, and now, 15 years later, I still live Werkendam

Thomas B
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular
Posts: 291
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2003 4:54 pm
Location: Zeist, Netherlands

Re: I moved only once

Post by Thomas B » Sun Sep 28, 2003 1:21 pm

Fons wrote:I moved only one time, when I was 4 months old I moved from Utrecht to Werkendam, and now, 15 years later, I still live Werkendam
You should have stayed there. Utrecht is near to Zeist and it has to be great to live near someone who has entered that much bills like you did! :) But fortunatly we have HNL in Amersfoort left as a good source of registered bills! :lol:

User avatar
micro
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1223
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2002 2:36 pm
Location: Hamburg, Germany

Post by micro » Sun Sep 28, 2003 11:09 pm

6 times, including two other cities

User avatar
micro
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1223
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2002 2:36 pm
Location: Hamburg, Germany

Post by micro » Mon Sep 29, 2003 10:33 pm

Olivier wrote:I really like the North-american way of life, with the "french touch" you can have in Quebec.
How about New Orleans? Doesn't that also have the North-american way of life, with the "french touch"?

User avatar
Olivier
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 3358
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2002 9:58 pm
Location: Evian

Post by Olivier » Mon Sep 29, 2003 10:38 pm

micro wrote:
Olivier wrote:I really like the North-american way of life, with the "french touch" you can have in Quebec.
How about New Orleans? Doesn't that also have the North-american way of life, with the "french touch"?
I have never been there. It can be.
The huge difference is the Quebecer speak french. The Cajuns (french speaking people of Louisiana) are not many.

User avatar
Chiel
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training
Posts: 377
Joined: Thu May 30, 2002 8:48 pm
Location: Groningen. the Netherlands

Re: I moved only once

Post by Chiel » Mon Sep 29, 2003 10:59 pm

Fons wrote:I moved only one time, when I was 4 months old I moved from Utrecht to Werkendam, and now, 15 years later, I still live Werkendam
...and I moved from Werkendam to Warffum 2 months ago (280km)

Divine
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1020
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2003 8:41 pm
Location: Tampere, Finland

Post by Divine » Mon Sep 29, 2003 11:23 pm

Olivier wrote:
micro wrote:
Olivier wrote:I really like the North-american way of life, with the "french touch" you can have in Quebec.
How about New Orleans? Doesn't that also have the North-american way of life, with the "french touch"?
I have never been there. It can be.
The huge difference is the Quebecer speak french. The Cajuns (french speaking people of Louisiana) are not many.
I've been in New Orleans. Loved the place. Can't really say if it was because of the 'French touch', though, but it didn't hurt either. :twisted: One certainly can sense the 'French touch' in that city anyway. Never been to Quebec, but I could imagine the cities are quite different from each other despite both having French background.

User avatar
Benighted
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training
Posts: 392
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2003 4:35 pm
Location: Zandvliet (Belgium)
Contact:

Post by Benighted » Wed Oct 01, 2003 8:43 pm

I've never moved. I live in Zandvliet since i was born!
Ontdek het Antwerpse polderdorp Zandvliet: http://www.zandvlietdorp.be

User avatar
lmviterbo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 4909
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2003 5:23 pm
Location: Lisboa, Portugal
Contact:

I would LOVE to move a lot more

Post by lmviterbo » Thu Oct 02, 2003 2:39 am

Born in
Lisboa (Portugal), moved to
Lourenço Marques, now Maputo (Mozambique) when I was only 2 months old, then to
Luanda (Angola), when I was 4, and moved twice there, then returned to Europe, to
Santo Tirso (Portugal), and back to
Lisboa, where I also moved twice, ending here in Campolide, where most of my bills are entered.

I would love to have lived in some of the places I traveled to: Assisi (Italy), Barcelona (Spain), Hoi An (Vietnam).

I spent more than 3 days in 14 different countries, from the USA to Vietnam and China, the two mentioned former Portuguese colonies in Africa, and most Western and Central Europe. Add 5 more countries where I spent a day or two and a handfull more whose airports I stepped on. Plus Azores, Macau and Hong Kong, which are part of already mentioned countries.

Is it a lot? Is it a short list? Well, that depends on who's telling it. For me, it is definitely too short. I have friends and a house to stay in Brazil and Greece, and a lot more places I do not know in the countries I've been to. I have acquaintances living in Chile, Mexico, Poland, Russia, South Africa, and a lot more countries.

My next big trip will be to Lybia, on occasion of the total solar eclipse, March 29, 2006. It will also be my first time in the desert (and it will be deep desert!) In fact, if anyone is interested, I am planning the trip and would love to take some more Portuguese people, so be in touch!

User avatar
valkske
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert
Posts: 649
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2003 8:16 pm
Location: antwerpen
Contact:

Post by valkske » Thu Oct 02, 2003 5:25 am

i moved a lot
1 berchem
2 deurne
3 berchem
4 schoten
5 brasschaat
6 leuven there i moved 3 times (studenthomes)
7 brasschaat
8 merksem there i moved 2 times
9 schoten
10 kapellen there i moved 2 times
11 niel
12 zandhoven
13 deurne

totally 17 times and i like to move again.

Post Reply

Return to “EuroBillTracker Users”