Living in the USA

Tell us who you are, where you from, etc...

Moderators: Phaseolus, Fons

mjking
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie

Living in the USA

Post by mjking »

Hello,
I live in California, USA and enter my bills when my son comes home from Europe. Is this correct or should I place my location as Germany?

Also, is it OK to use a stamp on a note?

Thank you,
Mike
jonman
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Re: Living in the USA

Post by jonman »

your location only represents the place where you expect that you will enter most of your notes, because it's the default location when you enter any bills. for the most of the people it's their working place or the town they live in, but as you can change the default setting of the location when entering the bills it's not of that much an importance.
however, when you enter the bills it's necessary to give very accurate details on the place and time you found it. so you should enter the notes as early as possible, best at the same day. (in my opinion one week later really is the maximum, but someone might correct me if there is a regulation about it.)
the location should be the place where you found the bill. if your son is bringing the bills back from germany and still knows exactly where he got them from you should enter that place. if he just gives you some bills and he can't tell anymore from where they are it might be safer to enter your current location in the usa.
stamping notes is not forbidden, though most of the ebters don't do this as stamped and scribbled upon notes are withdrawn from circulation the next time they get to a central bank. in the interest of prolonging the bills' lifetimes and of monitoring a natural flow of the bills i don't suggest stamping them.
My profile
22.9.14 90. :note-200: entered
9.9.14 50. :note-500: entered
17.8.14 300. hit occured
12.8.14 550. :note-100: entered
28.7.14 5000. :note-10: entered
16.11.13 3 years of EBT
10.9.13 25000. note entered
30.7.13 15000. :note-5: entered
23.7.13 2500. :note-20: entered
7.2.13 1000. :note-50: entered
rlaurenssen
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Post by rlaurenssen »

It depends, our rules is mainly to enter the bill at the location where you got it from.

I don''t know if your son is bringing the bills psychically to the US or he writes them down for you.
If he is bringing them to the US you can enter them as a US location, if your son is writing them down,
you should enter them with the German location, since those bill didn't go to the US.
mjking
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie

Post by mjking »

He's 13 and spends his summers there with his Oma and Opa. He brings some bills home with him for next trip. Thank you for your response!! Mike

Return to “EuroBillTracker Users”