Have you ever used a 500 euros note?

Tell us who you are, where you from, etc...

Moderators: Phaseolus, Fons

Have you ever used a 500 euros note?

Yes
45%
No
55%

Total votes: 448

Montgomery Burns
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Re: Have you ever used a 500 euros note?

Post by Montgomery Burns »

No... this is a country where even using a :note-50: to pay a small expense will be met with a mix of suspicion and annoyance. :lol:
Kleman
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Kleman »

Montgomery Burns wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:06 pm No... this is a country where even using a :note-50: to pay a small expense will be met with a mix of suspicion and annoyance. :lol:
Latin countries versus German Countries ! :lol:
Mes stats

Monde: 34
France :flag-fr: : 1
Local (Bordeaux): 1

Notes: 882 825
Hits: 1436
GWR7007
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by GWR7007 »

No, I didn't use one in the sense of actually paying something with them.
I did track a few when you could still receive them from the banks. However, I always exchanged them for other notes at another branch of the bank.

In 2007 (or around that mark; I'm not 100% certain), my parents sold the car we had back then. The new buyers paid in cash and the majority of the notes were :note-500: . But my parents didn't do anything with them apart from depositing the notes on their bank account.

Now with the :note-500: abandoned and :note-200: being the largest note, I've used :note-200: for purchases of >5€ a few times, but only at automatic cash registers at my local supermarket. This normally gives 9x :note-20: ,1x :note-10: and 1x :note-5: as well as some coins :lol:
my EBT profile

If you'd like to contact me, don't hesitate to write a PM to me, or to send an email. I can understand German (native language), English and Dutch :wink:
zimmerge
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by zimmerge »

Yes of course - till yet i tracked 20.564 of them :mrgreen:
früher ging es uns gut - heute geht es uns besser -> es wäre besser, es ginge uns wieder gut

tradition ist die weitergabe des feuers und nicht die anbetung der asche
Vunono
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

Post by Vunono »

The owner of a flat where I used to live gave me one as a deposit when I left, and my wife (who is a photographer) got another one as payment. I also used one to buy a laptop in Gibraltar - the pound was down those days, and it was cheaper if I used euros.
I always take big banknotes with me when I travel, and had no problem with :note-500: in countries like South Africa or Mozambique. However, in Colombia they changed :note-500: at a much lower rate than the other demoninations - since then I prefer to take :note-100: and :note-200: instead.
lapislazuli_18
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

Post by lapislazuli_18 »

No, sadly. I have seen one, but just that and it was a loooooong time ago! I do know that some of them are still in circulation as my aunt, who runs a shop, has gotten some of them from the hands of some clients but she has noted that the amount of :note-500: has gone down just as the use of bills and coins has declined due to the expansion of cashless payment methods. According to what she told me she would get a :note-500: every three months or so and almost never from the wallet of a Spanish customer, it was always coming from French, Russian or any other foreign customer. She mentioned that she now gets one every 6 months or so. Still, in a country as Spain, where :note-50: is the maximum you are going to get from an ATM, it is hard to find any :note-500: , let alone :note-100: or :note-200:.
A caballo entre Navarra y el País Vasco
A veces por el resto de la península y el extranjero

El recordar de una determinada imagen no es sino echar de menos un determinado instante, y las caras, los caminos, los paseos, desgraciadamente son tan fugitivos como los años

En busca del tiempo perdido I, Por el camino de Swann
Marcel Proust

Return to “EuroBillTracker Users”