Girls only!

Tell us who you are, where you from, etc...

Moderators: Phaseolus, Fons

My highest educational level is:

kindergarten
9%
primary school
10%
high school
28%
university
40%
post-graduate studies
3%
other level, please specify
3%
don't want to tell!!!
6%

Total votes: 67

eklu86
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie

Hi!

Post by eklu86 »

And finnish is not spoken anywhere else than in Finland, of course some people in Sweden, Norway, Estonia... But in general only in Finland. We also have to study other languages, english mostly. English lessons starts at third grade when we are nine years old.
When do you start to study english, noogie/daniellez? And what other languages do you HAVE TO study?
Hello Pakkahuone, here I come! Going to see Stratovarius for the first time in my life.
daniellez
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Post by daniellez »

The first time I got English was at primary school when I was 11 years old. That was really introductory, we didn't learn any grammar whatsoever. At high school English is a compulsory subject in Holland. You get instruction during three hours a week and then there is some additional homework.

Another obligatory subject is Dutch, but that's no surprise. That was also taught to me for 3 or sometimes 4 hours per week.

Apart from these two compulsory subject you can also choose other languages, namely German and French. Some schools also offer Spanish and Latin/Greek, but my school didn't so I only had Dutch and English and additionally German and French.

Because I live in Friesland our "own language", Frisian is now compulsory for first year pupils at high school in Friesland. However, it was introduced when I was in my second year so I never had to take that subject.
Progress is a comfortable disease - E.E. Cummings
CSI
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular

Re: Girls only!

Post by CSI »

noogie wrote: I am a 33 year old 'girl' from the NL and I have 2 kids, pregnant with the 3rd
Almost like me :D

I'm 35, have 2 kids - boy 5, girl 4 - and a BABY 3 weeks (when are you expecting?)

Studied math, computer science, physics, chemistry and statistics at University of Tampere. Working as a math and computer science teacher at school (grades 7-9) except now when I'm on my maternity holliday - for 2 or 3 years.

Hobbies: baby, my kids and their hobbies, scouting, floorball, ebt, tracking licenceplates, husband ect.
(^_-)
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

Post by (^_-) »

I´m 42, married and I have two children. A boy (17) and a girl (19).
I live in Berlin and have studied to became an engineer by water supply and waste water treatment.
roo
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular

Post by roo »

I'm 23 year old and I study in University of Applied Sciences. I'm hoping to graduate by the end of this spring. Then I will be a logistics engineer.
I live in Kotka, Finland.
I have one dog, labrador retriever. My hobbies, other than EBT, are reading, voluntary national defence and training with my dog. I also like movies and hiking. :)
Jodijo
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular

Post by Jodijo »

I’m Jolanda and live in the Netherlands. I’m 37 years old, married with Peter (for 6 years now) and we have 3 children…Jesper who is almost 8 years, Ivar (he is 5 years old) and a girl Britt and she is 3 years old .
My hobbies are EBT (of course :wink: ), computers and running.
I work for 17 hours a week in a drugstore.
Kleman
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Kleman »

happy to know you better :D

kisses
Mes stats

Monde: 34
France :flag-fr: : 1
Local (Bordeaux): 1

Notes: 882 825
Hits: 1436