COINS AND BANKNOTES COLLECTORS

Tell us who you are, where you from, etc...

Moderators: Phaseolus, Fons

makcollector
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie

COINS AND BANKNOTES COLLECTORS

Post by makcollector »

Hello to all users
My name is Thomas and im from Greece
I'm a new member and I thought about starting this thread as an introduction.
I'm a coin collector and I love this exciting hobby.
i will be very glad to meet you ...
thanks
Arminius
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Re: COINS AND BANKNOTES COLLECTORS

Post by Arminius »

Hello Thomas,
nice to meet you here. We need new members to increase our chances. Maybe we can share a common hit some day.
The Greeks invented the coins and improved them with style!

Regards
makcollector
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie

Post by makcollector »

Nice to meet you too.
i have been collecting coin notes and stamps for 30 years. I will present some of them here in the forum. But for the last 4 years I have been doing a research on the Greek coins of 2 Euro 2002 that were cut in Finland ... I will present the results during the discussion.
I also have an Instagram account (@coins_oldvalue) where I have uploaded some items of my collection
Many thanks
makcollector
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie

Post by makcollector »

Any collector who loves coins of 2 euros maybe knows the fame that exists around the greek 2 euros witch represent an ancient scene of the rapture of europe From zeus who is transformated into a Bull.

The year of 2002 the cutting of the one part of these coins took place in Athens and the orher part in Finland.The coin that were cut in Finland had above one of the stars the english letter of (S). Some collectors found that these coins had a bunch of small errors in some other more metal in the chest of europe the fenomenon that Is called (bikini), and in some other small alterations in the face and also in some other seemed to have fault in centering of the number (2).
.For all these reasons we saw these coins to be sold in all kind of prices and sometimes very high.In that way we had the curiosity to make a reseach of these coins that were cut in Finland.
This 2 euro coin has managed to divide many collectors and valuers.
It is a mystery that small and big errors were found between coins from the same matrix and the same mint
Through 4 years we investigated with every detail up to 11.000 pieces of this type of coins here in Greece. We found out enough of the errors that we have already mentioned and through all these 11.000 pieces there was (only two coins) witch stood out from the rest .
Here we will show you some photographies of the mistaken coin itself.
The research continue...
Attachments
IMG_20200304_140448.jpg
IMG_20200304_140448.jpg (1.89 MiB) Viewed 3059 times
here we see a very rare phenomenon ... the blow that the coin received from breaking the uterus with the results of not completing the fill on both sides
here we see a very rare phenomenon ... the blow that the coin received from breaking the uterus with the results of not completing the fill on both sides
IMG_20200304_140431.jpg (1.31 MiB) Viewed 3059 times
here we see reduced metal throughout the show and increased metal in the chest.<br />many distorted features throughout the picture
here we see reduced metal throughout the show and increased metal in the chest.
many distorted features throughout the picture
IMG_20200304_140632.jpg (1023.66 KiB) Viewed 3059 times
Arminius
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Post by Arminius »

If the coins were in EF to UNC condition you might be right.

But at this state of conservation it´s also possible someone just mistreated the surfaces and was creative with some tools (partly polishing, electrical welding equipment, acids, heat, ...).

:|
Coincollector
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie

Post by Coincollector »

Hi all,
I'm pretty unsure on how a serial number can identify the rearity of a euro note. But I have read that notes with a reference to 001A1 may have value to collectors? It is a Willem F. Duisenberg. Could anyone explain this to me?
Thanks
g.s.51
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Post by g.s.51 »

Position A1 is the first position (top left) of any plate, regardless of plate size or value. It is printed in offset.
The first plate 001 associated with the first position A1 is sought after by many collectors, as it symbolises the very beginning of a series which can be long, very long (for example the 20€ U/L which ends at L088 or the 50€ S/J which ends at J102)...
http://liste.eurobillets.free.fr/
Les eurobillets 2002-2007
Les eurobillets 2002-2009
Les eurobillets 2002-2011
Les eurobillets Millésime 2002 - Millésime 2013

Return to “EuroBillTracker Users”