Expose yourself, what does your nickname mean?

Tell us who you are, where you from, etc...

Moderators: Phaseolus, Fons

hafla
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

Post by hafla »

First two letters of my first name and first three of my surname :flag-nl:
debemaks
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by debemaks »

All my friends & parents and relatives call me DEBE that's it the short for for my whole surname that is "de Benedetti" (probably even for my mother the name she gave me is too long!), the second part is just the short form for name "Massimiliano" (too loooong together with the surname!).
Instead of using the "x" i preferred to write it in a more "european" way using the "ks" 8)
Monimon
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

Post by Monimon »

My nickname comes from the time when Pokemon was really hip around here. A friend of mine created some cards as a parody, based on our friends. When it came to the names, he added a -mon or -on to each, to make them more Pokemon-sounding.
My real name is Monika, but most people just call me Moni, so that became Monimon. And here I am. :D
Evdilos
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie

Post by Evdilos »

It is the name of a town in an Aegean island. My origin is from this town.
Petrol
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie

Post by Petrol »

My Nick Petrol is because, I'm working on a refinery in the port of Antwerp
Errare humanum est
Sapo
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie

Post by Sapo »

"Sapo" means "Frog" in Portuguese.
geldman
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by geldman »

Geld means Money in the dutch. I am a Moneyman :)
Koud he?
angelita
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by angelita »

My nickname is after my first bred dog, Angelita (I call her Maite). The dog at my avatar however, is her father, Gauchito. Het earned very much titles at dogshows (Worldchampion for example) and is my favourite of my three Mastines Españols.
member since 2006-01-03
:flag-nl: rank 20
international rank 120
38.833 notes
436 hits (353 :flag-nl: (3 triple), 24 :flag-be:, 14 :flag-de:, 4 :flag-es:, 3 :flag-fi:, 1 :flag-it: 1 :flag-pt: (and 65 more, but moderated)
eddydevries
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by eddydevries »

In an internet-game I'm playing (www.megatycoon.nl), I have a nickname but I didn't want to use the same name here again.

But I don't have a lot of fantasy, so my real name has become my "nick name".
Eddy - Rotterdam - NL
weblog - EBT-stats 24-05-2013 - hits: 1742 +59 triples +1 quadruple = 1802.

Facebook-profile + Geocaching + postcrossing
gragox
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

Post by gragox »

very dumb and easy in very beginning I was thinking about short nick with letter x then I added g and so it was - gx, but in some forums there was rule that nick cannot be shorter than 3 letters so I putted "rago" between those two because it just sounded good to me... And there it is - gragox
Dakkus
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Dakkus »

gragox wrote:very dumb and easy in very beginning I was thinking about short nick with letter x then I added g and so it was - gx, but in some forums there was rule that nick cannot be shorter than 3 letters so I putted "rago" between those two because it just sounded good to me... And there it is - gragox
I wonder if this tells about your personality. A nice way of creating a nickname :)
Ko saka āboliņš? Pēk pēk pēk!
mefisto
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Post by mefisto »

look here
Setz dir Perücken auf von Millionen Locken,
Setz deinen Fuß auf ellenhohe Socken,
Du bleibst doch immer, was du bist.
WOLFINAS
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by WOLFINAS »

Wolfinas.

Some yaers ago, in a far far galaxy, near the 31Th century, it was the succesion wars..,

It was 5 big houses that rules the universe, but also it was the outer sphere...
Ruled by real brave Mechwarriors, also called mercenaries...

One of this mercenary company was ruled by the capitan Traxxor WOLFINAS, proud of his big Mech Atlas.

Big gunner, big pilot, he was the champion of the CRUPC league a lots of years ago...

the name of the company has been lost, but the name of this capitan still live...

I used in some other parts...

WOLFINAS
CNGL
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Re: Expose yourself, what does your nickname mean?

Post by CNGL »

Bump!

CNGL=Carlos Never Gets Lost, my nickname in Catching Features, a orienteeing game that is somewhere on the internet. As can be seen, is nothing to do with the Irish Center for Next Generation Localization. I'm also in other forums with the same nick.

Lars2001 attempted to create a thread with the same topic. Here is what he wrote:
Lars2001 wrote:Hello!
At this topic, you can explain your username. Like mine (lars2001) : Lars = My name, 2001 = My year of birth :wink:
And yours?
He is still a kid!
Leudimin: EBT FTW!
Basque euronotes: :note-5: Bost euro - :note-10: Hamar euro - :note-20: Hogei euro - :note-50: Berrogeita hamar euro - :note-100: Ehun euro - :note-200: Berrehun euro - :note-500: Bostehun euro
GWR7007
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Re: Expose yourself, what does your nickname mean?

Post by GWR7007 »

It`s just the number of a steam engine, built in 1948 by one of the 4 large British railway companies.
These were the Southern Railway (SR), the London Midland and Scottish Railway (LMS), the London and North Eastern Railway (LNER) and the Great Western Railway (GWR). In 1949, they became British Railways, due to a decision made by the government.
All four named their express passenger engines (e.g. the LMS had a duchess class, the LNER a class named after birds such as mallard (including some names and former colonies), the Southern mostly didn't name their engines and the GWR had -for example- King Classes, Castle Classes or Hall Classes).

The Western Region (WR) of British Railways (mostly the former GWR area) was special. The GWR had been the company which was least happy with it's new situation (thinking that it was better than the others, but the others thought the same about themselves. This is due to the fact, that all the 4 companies tried hard, to acieve the world speed record for a steam engine, so there was quite a lot of rivalty in the 1930s between the GWR, the LMS and the LNER), so they acieved, that they could keep their old pre-nationalisation numbers, while all the other engines were re-numbered.

SO:
GWR7007 means: BR engine number 7007, Great Western (one of approximately 3 Castles that received another name than a castle). It is one of my favorite engines due to the fact that it carried the GWR sign under the name in BR days. Unfortunately it was scrapped in the 1960s when diesel engines took over the duties, due to modernization on the BR network.

In 2010, a OO gauge model was released by the British model railway manufacturer Hornby, a limited edition of 1000, celebrating the 175 anniversary of the GWR. But I have one of these models :D !
Last edited by GWR7007 on Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
my EBT profile

If you'd like to contact me, don't hesitate to write a PM to me, or to send an email. I can understand German (native language), English and Dutch :wink:

Return to “EuroBillTracker Users”