So... what about Iraq?

Discuss here about everything but the Euro, but keep it decent. No spamming!

Moderators: Phaseolus, Crazy Bob, Fons, eddydevries, Bollivierke, Ord€p, Craft, Math Murderer

Should the EU support an attack on Iraq?

Yes, a.s.a.p.
2%
Only with a UN resolution supporting action.
43%
No.
50%
I don't know.
5%

Total votes: 42

Donald
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Donald »

http://www.house.gov/paul/congrec/congr ... 091002.htm
With the link above you find 35 questions Republican congressman Ron Paul would like to ask in a hearing about the coming war. AFAIK such a hearing has not taken place yet.

Post by Guest »

Phaedrus42 wrote: I think there is a big chance they're not the most powerful country anymore. (My guess is China will be. They'll probably have the biggest economy,
I read this week that China has prevented the world from going into recession last year, with a growth rate of more than 8% (don't recall the numbers exactly), so your statement will be true very soon, since the rest of the world is rather shrinking than growing ... :wink:
Skylimit
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Post by Skylimit »

Skylimit wrote:
Phaedrus42 wrote: I think there is a big chance they're not the most powerful country anymore. (My guess is China will be. They'll probably have the biggest economy,
I read this week that China has prevented the world from going into recession last year, with a growth rate of more than 8% (don't recall the numbers exactly), so your statement will be true very soon, since the rest of the world is rather shrinking than growing ... :wink:
OK, forgot to log in ... :wink:
Skylimit wrote: I don't believe that Bush wants a unified and strong Europe ...
I have become more and more convinced of this. It is also no secret that Britain does not want a politically unified Europe, and they are playing a game of "Russian Roulette" right now :evil:

PS : "Russian" as in "Roulette" is not linked to any current item in the news :wink: :lol:
Time is on our side ...
Skylimit
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Post by Skylimit »

Finn wrote: Oh well, does CIA or Echelon monitor this board? Should I delete my message... :lol:
I read that the USA has been intercepting phone calls from non-permanent member states of the security council (I think it was Chili ?) in order to find out how they would vote, and which countries deserve "special attention"

There was a time, long long ago, where this used to lead to a gouvernmental crisis (Watergate). Now it is just a "fait divers" you read on the last page ... All this has become possible since the twin towers disappeared
Time is on our side ...

Return to “Off-Topic Discussions”