University fees

Discuss here about everything but the Euro, but keep it decent. No spamming!

Moderators: Phaseolus, Crazy Bob, Fons, eddydevries, Bollivierke, Ord€p, Craft, Math Murderer

Ewri
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Ewri »

Till now, students here receive a stipend of a minimum of €120 a month, apart from an annual grant of EUR 500 at the beginning of each year. They get to buy their own books and pay their own transport, but it's not that bad.
Jes
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Jes »

Jes wrote:Does anyone know the fees for australian universities?
OH! don't be worried about it! finally I was given a grant because of my marks!! I'm so happy! :D
Jes Speaks English, French, Spanish, Tokpisin and Esperanto. (Currently learning Swahili).
Don't fear perfection, you'll never reach it! (by Salvador Dali)
my EBT: http://es.eurobilltracker.com/profile/?user=121292" coins and banknote collector. :)
Ewri
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Ewri »

congratualtions Jes.

Where in Australia will you be?
Jes
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Jes »

I'm going to Sydney!! :D

but on the other hand... I will miss the Euro notes as it would be more difficult to introduce my €-notes from Sydney! and my coins collection... I will be abroad when the 2009 common coin will be issued. Despite this facts I am very happy because I'm going to visit the Antipodes!! :D

Edit: I want to taste the kangoroo meat... :roll:
Jes Speaks English, French, Spanish, Tokpisin and Esperanto. (Currently learning Swahili).
my EBT: http://es.eurobilltracker.com/profile/?user=121292" coins and banknote collector. :)
Ewri
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Ewri »

Jes wrote:I'm going to Sydney!! :D

but on the other hand... I will miss the Euro notes as it would be more difficult to introduce my €-notes from Sydney! and my coins collection... I will be abroad when the 2009 common coin will be issued. Despite this facts I am very happy because I'm going to visit the Antipodes!! :D

Very true. No Euro's in Australia and it looks like you have to ask your family members to keep the 2009 coin for you.

They say Kangaroo meat is really good. Just beware of them while driving on highways. They seem to jump in front of you from nowhere.
adameus23
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by adameus23 »

Ewri wrote:
Jes wrote:I'm going to Sydney!! :D

Very true. No Euro's in Australia and it looks like you have to ask your family members to keep the 2009 coin for you.

They say Kangaroo meat is really good. Just beware of them while driving on highways. They seem to jump in front of you from nowhere.
Yep, that's right! My Dad just ran over a kangaroo last year when he was in Australia! He had do hold on and get it from the street ;)
But the car-rental-company seemed to know this, as they didn't care about the accident :D
Jes
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Jes »

It seems to be a very interesting country!

I'll tell you when I get back to home :D
Beatminister
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

Post by Beatminister »

Beware when you get invited to a barbe-q there - you end up either completly drunk or with a protein shock. Or both. :lol:
Jes
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Jes »

Beatminister wrote:Beware when you get invited to a barbe-q there - you end up either completly drunk or with a protein shock. Or both. :lol:
8O Really?? 8O

please I am very excited for this trip, do not frighten me!! :lol: :lol: (joking)
Beatminister
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

Post by Beatminister »

Oh, don´t worry, Australians are alright, very relaxed people. At least the ones I know - well, I guess you can find nasty people there, too - and they always like a good party. That usually includes steaks the size of a pizza, and lots of beer in cans. :lol:
But if you want to intergrate in the community you have to make sacrifices... :wink:
Ewri
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Ewri »

Maybe Sydney is a bit more hactic than Melbourne, but still very relaxed when compared to the European lifestyle.

For hoew long are you going to be there, Jes?
Jes
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Jes »

Of course I have to integrate in the community, but it would be not a problem if the sacrifice is being eating :lol: Actually I'm too thiny :lol: :lol:

in order to answer Ewri's question, I still dunno 8O but I am going to attend to a meeting in which I will be said when to go and come back.

I am going to attend classes in a whole school year, and my grant (I mean the Schoolarship) covers the costs for a period of 9 months, so I think I'm going to stay there during spring, summer and autum. (I mean the Australian seasons which are inverse here... :? )
Zjonbelz
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Zjonbelz »

That's great Jes! Hope you have a good stay there. I have been there in 1999 for my school to do some work experience. It was the time of my life.

Ozzies really are the most relaxed people I know. And yes Beatminister is right, do go to a barbie there and get yourself blotto as the Ozzies would say... It's the best way to integrate :wink:

What I experienced there is that people were very interested in why I was in Australia and always invited me to come over to their ranch for a couple of days.. This way I got to travel around a little...

And yes look out for those roos on the road.. I dind't hit a kangaroo there but a wombat and those creatures are huge to.. That's why all the cars have roo bars there...

And the meat there is great, I don't like the lamb which they eat there a lot, but I have eaten kangaroo, crocodile, camel, opossum and snake, which all tasted really good... Oh and don't forget to try vegemite on your sandwich, tell me whether you liked it or not when you're back :wink:...

Have fun there!!
Jes
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Jes »

WOW Zjonbelz!!

What a lot of information!!

thankyou Zjonbelz!!

to be honest, I had to search for "opossum" as in spanish is called "Didelphimorphia"

I'll tell you when I get here again! :P
Jes
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Re: University fees

Post by Jes »

Hahaha! I've been reading these post again... and I think I should tell you something just for your enjoy:

I came here last 25th July (well, when I arrived it was alteady 26th here)... at the begining I was quite "lost" here, I felt like in the middle of this big island... but on 1st August I had my first barbecue (welcome barbecue for 'celebrate' lectures' comence) yes, a BBQ despite the fact that it was winter... and yeah! lots of BBQ's :lol:

People here is very friendly and I have to say that I tried kangaroo as well asvegemite and... the taste of vegemite is good but it is too salty for me (were it less salty, I would love it) I even played a didjeridoo :P :lol:

Last semester break I went to swim in the GBR, now it's going to be summer and I'm willing to go... somewhere (yet to convince my "mates" to go with them.)

Well... I'll tell you more when back to Spain or so... btw, I still didn't buy my flight to return home :roll: let's hope the exchange rate €-AU$ gets better :twisted:

Return to “Off-Topic Discussions”