University fees

Discuss here about everything but the Euro, but keep it decent. No spamming!

Moderators: Phaseolus, Crazy Bob, Fons, eddydevries, Bollivierke, Ord€p, Craft, Math Murderer

BossaNova
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Post by BossaNova »

this portuguese government must fall as soon as possible..

although government's falls are never a good thing, staying more time with this one, is a lot worse... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

bn :arrow:

(nem falemos do Portas senão eu rebento.. e não há palavrão que me não saia...) :twisted:
BogPoet
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by BogPoet »

BossaNova wrote:this portuguese government must fall as soon as possible..

although government's falls are never a good thing, staying more time with this one, is a lot worse... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Couldn't agree with you more...
BossaNova wrote:(nem falemos do Portas senão eu rebento.. e não há palavrão que me não saia...) :twisted:
:roll: Se o problema fosse só o Portas... Mas percebo o que é que queres dizer...
codi
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

Post by codi »

BossaNova wrote:this portuguese government must fall as soon as possible..
I agree!

(estamos a discutir propinas, então é melhor nem falar dos subsidios para a investigação.... é a desgraça total :cry: )
Olivier
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Olivier »

Sorry for my ignorance, but who is prime minister?
What is his policy? (except the Yes in Açores for the war in Iraq)... ?
Why do you want a change?

I'd like to know more. :-)

O.
ag_pt
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular

Post by ag_pt »

My dear portuguese fellowcitizens: if you want to talk about the portuguese government, this is not the correct forum!
About the university fees, I agree with this and the previous government policies of updating the fees, I also agree with the Bologna convention in general terms, I agree with making the worst students (those who do not pass half the lectures) pay more 25%. But I don't agree with the excessive trend on saving by all means, nor with the presence of the minister Paulo Portas, and not with an abrupt increase in the university fees. I am strongly against the fall of this government: let it make all the four years.
BogPoet
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by BogPoet »

ag_pt wrote:My dear portuguese fellowcitizens: if you want to talk about the portuguese government, this is not the correct forum!
You are right. This discussion is getting a bit off-topic, and it's my fault. I just wanted to know how much do other people pay in universities throughout europe. Thanks for calling us all to reason. :oops:
Olivier
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Olivier »

BogPoet wrote:
ag_pt wrote:My dear portuguese fellowcitizens: if you want to talk about the portuguese government, this is not the correct forum!
You are right. This discussion is getting a bit off-topic, and it's my fault. I just wanted to know how much do other people pay in universities throughout europe. Thanks for calling us all to reason. :oops:
You can talk about it in the portuguese forum, if you want. :-)
BossaNova
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Post by BossaNova »

ag_pt wrote: About the university fees, I agree with this and the previous government policies of updating the fees, I also agree with the Bologna convention in general terms, I agree with making the worst students (those who do not pass half the lectures) pay more 25%.
I agree this should move to the portuguese forum, but since this is all written in english.. just a short answer, the right to study should be a right of all the portuguese, and not only of the rich ones..

before updating the fees, we should update the salaries.. only then we can pay the new fees..

excluding the poor from studying is only going to eternize the social classes division in Portugal.. probably the country in Europe with strongest social divisions already..

this government should fall as soon as possible! too much corruption, too much incompetence, too much lies, too much blindness, too much rien faire!
pinguino79
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

Post by pinguino79 »

In Italy university fees are quite high, but there are differences between universities;
I pay more than 1000 euro per year (but I can't remember the exact amount)
4 gmail invites available. Send a PM providing your e-mail address.
milanocapitale
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by milanocapitale »

in my Uni we pay a lot and it's divided in 10 classes of family budget
-THE ThREAD DIGGER-
Passi per quello sfigato di Marin, passi per quella zoccola della Bruni, passi per una fabbrica di debito come Alitalia ma EBT NO!(Manadou sta gran zoccola)
IO NON SONO MARINARETTO
bocky
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by bocky »

This year (it's my first year in university), we have to pay around €930.
Jes
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Jes »

Does anyone know the fees for australian universities?
Jes Speaks English, French, Spanish, Tokpisin and Esperanto. (Currently learning Swahili).
Don't fear perfection, you'll never reach it! (by Salvador Dali)
my EBT: http://es.eurobilltracker.com/profile/?user=121292" coins and banknote collector. :)
dargqui
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Post by dargqui »

In Spain, university fees are aproximately 900€
turtle
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by turtle »

In the Netherlands we have to pay "collegegeld" that's the money you just pay for the study. The collegegeld is more than 1500 euro a year, but you are not ready yet, since you have to buy books and for some studies even a laptop.. So I think it will be 2000-2500 euro a year, books included, and that's ridiculous.

Many people are rich, they can easily do it, others really have to struggle, and borrow money, for example..But I'm not in favour of borrowing money, what if the study doesn't give you a well-paid job, how do you have to pay all this money back then? :roll: And yes there is a rule for it, you can get financiated, but that's not enough, it's 90 euro pro month when you live at home, so that makes 1200, and then there's still more than 1000 euro a year left to pay...If you live at rooms you'll get 250 euro's.

I think it's ridiculous, and sometimes I'm a bit worried about it, since I'm going to study very soon, since I;m doing my final exams this year. And I'm going to do medicins, which is about the most expensive study^^ But first I'm going to work for a year, and guess I need that money as well to pay my study a bit..but i planned to work anyways, but still^^
Last edited by turtle on Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beatminister
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

Post by Beatminister »

I´m not a student (its a bit late for that) but what I read here about the german system seems not quiet up to date anymore.
Lately we also had University fees introduced, AFAIK about €500-600 for a "Semester" (half year). It varies from State to State and University, though.
Caused a lot of protest when it was introduced...

Return to “Off-Topic Discussions”