Hey, where do you get all those bills?

Discuss here about everything but the Euro, but keep it decent. No spamming!

Moderators: Phaseolus, Crazy Bob, Fons, eddydevries, Bollivierke, Ord€p, Craft, Math Murderer

Iori_Yagami
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie

Hey, where do you get all those bills?

Post by Iori_Yagami »

I mean, what kind of business do you do to enter so many bills daily? Tens of different denoms of euros? How is that possible?
I guess this has something to do with retail? Those users definietely have an advantage over us mere mortals, who mostly use debit/credit cards, and sometimes pay for small fares with cas$h. 8)
Aatos99
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Re: Hey, where do you get all those bills?

Post by Aatos99 »

Maybe some people also work with cash, but many people get notes from banks. Some change notes, some get them from their accounts and some work in bank, but I think that bank is the best place to get much notes. There are many ways to do EBTing, by entering hundreds of notes per day and entering only the notes which you get naturally from the circulation, for example. It's your own choice, how much do you enter notes, but it's nice that there are so many different kind of EBT users. 8) It makes this interesting.
Ei sitä koskaan tiedä_Aatos99
Fons
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Fons »

Good question. I can imagine that for new users it feels quite impossible to get so much cash in hands every day

As mentioned in the post above me I get most of my notes from bank and ATMs
After entering the notes I bring them back :) I also know somebody who owns a grocery store where I swap his cash for notes I entered before.

I hardly use my card for payments. I pay for almost everything in cash 8) since 2002 :twisted:
Iori_Yagami
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie

Post by Iori_Yagami »

Nice to know. I'd be definitely be shy to do this. It feels like I take up valuable time of business for my 'hobby'. Also, sometimes, withdrawing cash from ATM incurs some small, but nonzero fee. :)
And, of course the thing from childhood, the setting that you don't 'play' with money. I know it's just a 'complex', but still feel kinda uneasy about money, when I have to touch them more than necessary aside from doing those daily business-job-shopping-financing routines. Almost like 'don't play with matches', except when you're adult and smart enough you can make epic fires without consequences if you know what you're doing and know exactly how to control it.
So, yeah, I just input those random bills which happen to land in my wallet before spending. :roll:
But if you're a small shop owner, you can totally enjoy that hobby. Especially if you're somewhere in tourist rich area. :wink: A regular cashier is probably not allowed to do this, and the time they have to count up the till at the end of the day is usually barely enough for counting, not enough for writing/inputting, I guess.
Fons
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Fons »

Iori_Yagami wrote:A regular cashier is probably not allowed to do this, and the time they have to count up the till at the end of the day is usually barely enough for counting, not enough for writing/inputting, I guess.
That's why the grocery store owner likes to help me with this hobby. ;)

But you're right, everyone can put as much as time in EBT as he wants. Entering hundreds of serials can take some time. But it goes faster and faster after some time.
Montgomery Burns
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Montgomery Burns »

Here's an example, a French pharmacist working behind the counter (it's not clear to me if he's the owner of the business or not):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cSa7vl ... AD&index=3

:)

Return to “Off-Topic Discussions”