Where's George Hits

Discuss here about everything but the Euro, but keep it decent. No spamming!

Moderators: Phaseolus, Crazy Bob, Fons, eddydevries, Bollivierke, Ord€p, Craft, Math Murderer

SUp3rFM
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Where's George Hits

Post by SUp3rFM »

Since I was in USA last December and January, I decided to register the bills in www.wheresgeorge.com.

I have now 137 Bills worth $2,773.

Today, I got this pretty good hit!

Took 6 months but travelled over 500 miles.

And you? Do you have Where's George hits?
EBT User | :flag-eu: +36k tracked & 114 hits | Ratio 1:315.5 ⬆︎
Hits
:flag-at: :flag-be: :flag-fi: :flag-fr: :flag-de: :flag-nl: :flag-pt: :flag-es: | Intercontinental hits with Brazil and Morocco!
393 dots worldwide!

▓▓$▓▓ Where's George: 1.174 tracked, 13 wilds, 4 hits | Ratio 0.34% ⬆︎
hafla
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

Post by hafla »

If I had dollars I would probably enter them at Where's George.

But I only have Euro's

:lol: :P :o
bocky
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by bocky »

I once entered a $1 bill on Where's George, but it was a brand new bill which is still with me... So I'm not expecting a hit :P

Edit: Strange, I have logged in to my account at WG and it says I have no registered bills :? "Congratulations! You are tied for First Place among all the users that have no George Score yet."
lazza
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by lazza »

I have registered about 20 notes on Where's George, but no hits yet. It was WG that led me to EBT :), as I found a $5 note with a WG stamp on it (but did not keep it, so didn't enter it! :oops: ). And EBT led me to Dosh Tracker for tracking GBP (although there aren't many users, so I haven't used it much - even though it's my home currency I have entered only about 70 notes)
helloggs
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by helloggs »

I have registered 97 notes, mostly at my workplace. I have never travelled to the US so far and had no hits on WG either.

Once I had an 'almost hit into series' so to speak. I was entering 30 or so obviously uncirculated 2003 one dollar bills. At one point it said: There is something wrong, we already have that note with different details (something like that) It then asked, whether the bill is marked (was not of course) and if it was a 1985 series... Of course I said no, because I am an honest user, so no hit for me. :lol:

@bocky: I am also tied for first place, I think they mean users who have not scored a hit yet.
androl
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Location: München (Myeenack, Mjuncken), Deutschland (Chairmany, Djutschländ)

Post by androl »

bocky wrote:I once entered a $1 bill on Where's George,... Strange, I have logged in to my account at WG and it says I have no registered bills :?
Do they delete notes and users? :?: I also entered some notes that I got from ebay, and some months later I wanted to log in and the password did not work. Making a new user was then very difficult and incomprehensible, I had to use a confirmation code that was sent by mail, but it did not work, and I could not resend the code. Some days afterwards I could log in then, I think.
I don't like that site.
Joshu, a Chinese Zen master, asked a cow:
"Do you have Buddha-nature or not?"
The cow answered: "Moo."
Speukes
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular

Post by Speukes »

We were in the US last month, but we didn't write down a single serial because we were having our Honeymoon, and there were other things to do at that time :wink:
I registred about 80 notes 2 years ago when we had another holiday in the USA (no hit).
teckenschnempo
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

Post by teckenschnempo »

I entered only one note. The note was stamped "track this note at www.wheresgeroge.com " - nice hit. :lol: ...and nice hitratio :mrgreen:

http://www.wheresgeorge.com/report.php? ... a&entcnt=0
pepitopulpito
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by pepitopulpito »

teckenschnempo wrote:I entered only one note. The note was stamped "track this note at www.wheresgeroge.com " - nice hit. :lol: ...and nice hitratio :mrgreen:

http://www.wheresgeorge.com/report.php? ... a&entcnt=0
WOW! That Larry has a hit ratio of more than 17% 8O
¡Participa! Speel mee! Participez! Take part in! Spiel mit!
:flag-eu: EBT WhatPulse Team :flag-eu:
teckenschnempo
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

Post by teckenschnempo »

pepitopulpito wrote:WOW! That Larry has a hit ratio of more than 17% 8O
I mean my hitratio: one note - one hit - 100 % :mrgreen:
pepitopulpito
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by pepitopulpito »

teckenschnempo wrote:
pepitopulpito wrote:WOW! That Larry has a hit ratio of more than 17% 8O
I mean my hitratio: one note - one hit - 100 % :mrgreen:
I knew, but just imagine a 17% hit ratio in a regular EBT user... I'd have around 2000 hits 8O
¡Participa! Speel mee! Participez! Take part in! Spiel mit!
:flag-eu: EBT WhatPulse Team :flag-eu:
Montgomery Burns
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Re:

Post by Montgomery Burns »

pepitopulpito wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:37 pmWOW! That Larry has a hit ratio of more than 17% 8O
It really is amazing, isn't it? It's partly because they have/had a large user-base in general, and a large user-base of mega-users in particular. And they stamp most of their bills with the site's URL.

Just shamelessly bumping this thread. Wondering if any of you have had any recent interactions with our great American/Canadian cousin(s) (Where's George/Willy).

I have about 180 US$ bills registered there, some of which were spent in Mozambique in early 2019 (not by me sadly, and in case you're wondering: yes, the $ - and the € - flow freely down there), so I've been really hoping for some exotic hits, but so far nothing to report.
Last edited by Montgomery Burns on Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
perepelita
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

Re: Where's George Hits

Post by perepelita »

I once tried to register a bill there but the site couldn't load for some reason :roll: anyway when I go to America I always pay by card as I don't like how their money looks like (esp the coins) :lol:
Montgomery Burns
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Montgomery Burns »

perepelita wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:18 pm I once tried to register a bill there but the site couldn't load for some reason
I remember, many moons ago, it was very difficult to access the site from outside North America - it was their way of protecting themselves from cyber-attacks, they simply banned entire sub-domains! 8O The entire Portuguese sub-domain sapo.pt was banned, for instance. They gradually lifted the bans, thankfully. I don't know what might have been happening in your case.
perepelita
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

Post by perepelita »

Montgomery Burns wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:50 am
perepelita wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:18 pm I once tried to register a bill there but the site couldn't load for some reason
I remember, many moons ago, it was very difficult to access the site from outside North America - it was their way of protecting themselves from cyber-attacks, they simply banned entire sub-domains! 8O The entire Portuguese sub-domain sapo.pt was banned, for instance. They gradually lifted the bans, thankfully. I don't know what might have been happening in your case.
yeah it must've been the same thing for me (I live in Finland)

Return to “Off-Topic Discussions”