What's happened to doshtracker.co.uk?

Discuss here about everything but the Euro, but keep it decent. No spamming!

Moderators: Phaseolus, Crazy Bob, Fons, eddydevries, Bollivierke, Ord€p, Craft, Math Murderer

nottheactor
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie

What's happened to doshtracker.co.uk?

Post by nottheactor »

doshtracker.co.uk (The UK equivalent of eurobilltracker) has been down for over 2 weeks now.

Does anyone know if it has closed down for good?

Thanks in anticipation, nottheactor.
I live in England, so I only get Euronotes when I visit continental europe (usually a week or twos holiday plus a few day trips per year). I was a big fan of the equivalent UK site www.doshtracker.co.uk, but sadly this went down in late 2006.
lazza
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by lazza »

Good question... it goes up and down so often, I hardly ever enter notes there any more...

Did you ever get a hit on doshtracker?
nottheactor
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie

Post by nottheactor »

Doshtracker is back up this morning, after an absence of about 2 and a half weeks.

I have so far had one hit from 1688 notes entered.
I live in England, so I only get Euronotes when I visit continental europe (usually a week or twos holiday plus a few day trips per year). I was a big fan of the equivalent UK site www.doshtracker.co.uk, but sadly this went down in late 2006.
androl
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Location: München (Myeenack, Mjuncken), Deutschland (Chairmany, Djutschländ)

Re: What's happened to doshtracker.co.uk?

Post by androl »

androl tried to post this and wrote:there hasn't been much traffic on that site anyway.
so that site has come before www.myeuro.info in going offline, the last of which still makes an existance as a zombie site after having been unusable for over 9 months 8O

... and now EBTF is offline :? :roll: so I have to save this message
so now it's up again, that's good!
Joshu, a Chinese Zen master, asked a cow:
"Do you have Buddha-nature or not?"
The cow answered: "Moo."
Speukes
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular

Post by Speukes »

I tried to register a note on doshtracker today, but the site seems to be gone.
Gauss
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Gauss »

Montgomery Burns
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Montgomery Burns »

For those who don't know, Dosh Tracker has been chugging along for the past few years. But at some point this month, they seem to have ran into a major issue:
Montgomery Burns wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 1:58 pm Looks like Dosh Tracker has had a major meltdown. You get a pop-up about every 10 seconds with this message:
An error has occured, we got this back from the server:

We have lost all of our hits from our database!
And when you try to login:
An error has occured, we got this back from the server:

Hmm, something has gone wrong with our User database, please leave us feedback telling us what you were doing when this happened.
We'll see what happens. It's been like this for at least 24 hours.
I'm beginning to think they have some sort of May curse...
This site originally operated between 2001 and 2006 but was taken down due to lack of free time on the site owner Richard Dutton's behalf, tracking its last note on 18 May 2006.
:arrow: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DoshTracker#History

Anyway, here's to hoping they get things running again. I encourage anyone who tracks pound notes to use this thread to discuss hits, stats, etc. (I have about 10 notes registered there, 0 hits).

Edit (June 1) - a bit silly of me wasn't it, trying to encourage people to discuss pound note tracking here on the moment the site went down. Doesn't look like anything is being done to the site. Oh well...
Montgomery Burns
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Montgomery Burns »

The site still seems to be in that living-dead status, but can anyone who is registered there actually tell me if they can login? I'm assuming nobody can, because their database got wiped, but I want to make sure. I don't think I quite remember what password I used there. :?

Return to “Off-Topic Discussions”