Concerns? Let us know by posting here.

Moderators: avij, Phaseolus, Fons, dserrano5

lmviterbo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Re: Eurobilltracker-site Feedback.

Post by lmviterbo »

Rule of thumb:
On every forum, Internet questionnaire, website comment, or anything you write on the Internet, always select everything you just wrote and copy it to the clipboard every time before:
  • uploading, refreshing, or previewing;
  • always preview before posting.

Now, specifically on EBT forum: if you stay for a long time writing or pausing without previewing, you will get the following message when you click the Preview button:

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.

Just click Preview again and everything will be fine.
trezay
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by trezay »

lmviterbo wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:27 am The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.
I had the problem happen earlier today, so I was able to copy the exact error message. It didn't mention anything about invalid forms (although I believe I've had that message in the past). The forum just disconnected me and asked me to log in again. It took me to the login screen with the following message:
The forum wrote:You need to login in order to reply to topics within this forum.
Like you said, it isn't a major issue if you copy your post before displaying the preview.
It's just frustrating not to know where the problem comes from :?
lmviterbo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by lmviterbo »

trezay wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:01 pm
The forum wrote:You need to login in order to reply to topics within this forum.
Oh crap, that is frustrating indeed. :(

I know close to nothing about php (or anything IT for the matter), so I regret not being of help. I hope this gets fixed.
Montgomery Burns
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Montgomery Burns »

That is the sort of thing that may get fixed with a data clean in your browser (cookies and cache). It comes with the penalty of losing log-in's and other things that you'll have to re-enter.
trezay
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by trezay »

Thanks for the suggestion! I'll give it a try and let you know if that worked :D
scrtr
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by scrtr »

Would it be possible to implement the ability to select "active hits" and "passive hits", when watching your hitlist?
trezay
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by trezay »

GWR7007 wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:38 pm When clicking on "preview" somehow I was not logged in anymore and after logging in again the text of the message was gone.
Montgomery Burns wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:20 pm That is the sort of thing that may get fixed with a data clean in your browser (cookies and cache). It comes with the penalty of losing log-in's and other things that you'll have to re-enter.
I think I've found a solution to this… (at least it worked on my computer, I haven't been disconnected in the past couple of days). I first tried Montgomery Burns' suggestion, but was still getting randomly disconnected. And then when I was logging back into the forum, I spotted this:

Remember me.png
Remember me.png (9.06 KiB) Viewed 1724 times

Didn't even realize I had never ticked the box :oops:
I don't know if that's the same problem GWR7007 was having, but at least, it solved the problem for me.
riccccc
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by riccccc »

In Statistics -> Notes -> Summary, I see:

https://imgur.com/a/NzIwIZg
avij
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by avij »

riccccc wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:46 pm In Statistics -> Notes -> Summary, I see:

https://imgur.com/a/NzIwIZg
Weird. There's apparently one note entry that does not have a denomination at all. I'll try to find out how that happened.
Money makes the world go round. We track how the money goes round the world.
trezay
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by trezay »

Is there a problem with the website's support? I submitted a request on Sunday evening (in English) and it still appears as "open".
(I'm not complaining, just curious because all the other requests I've submitted were handled really quickly) :wink:
lmviterbo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by lmviterbo »

Hmm… Was it some unusual task? I asked for a note deletion last Monday, and less than an hour later it was solved.
trezay
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by trezay »

Mine was also a note deletion request. I had ten notes to delete, and I wanted to avoid making a bunch of different requests for the same task (there's an "Edit multiple notes" option, but not a "Delete multiple notes" option). So I made a single request and pasted the other note IDs in the extra information field. Was that a mistake? Should I have submitted 10 separate requests?
tigerpranke
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by tigerpranke »

trezay wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:08 am Mine was also a note deletion request. I had ten notes to delete, and I wanted to avoid making a bunch of different requests for the same task (there's an "Edit multiple notes" option, but not a "Delete multiple notes" option). So I made a single request and pasted the other note IDs in the extra information field. Was that a mistake? Should I have submitted 10 separate requests?
Hello trezay!

I'm a member of the support group and saw your request in the support system. Not everyone who has access to this system has access to the database itself.

As an example: I can't delete all 10 notes, because I have only 2 options (buttons) to choose: cancel or implement (1 of the 10 notes would be deleted, but all other notes which you wrote in the information field wouldn't be deleted) your request. :(

If you'd submit separate requests, I could handle them and all of the notes would be deleted. :wink: Otherwise you have to wait for a support member, who has more privileges.

Greets, tigerpranke
trezay
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by trezay »

Thanks for your reply! I'll submit the other requests then :wink:

[Edit] Thanks for the deletion!
klapotec
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by klapotec »

tigerpranke wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:05 amOtherwise you have to wait for a support member, who has more privileges.
actually, support as a whole does not have the privilege to delete more than one note at a time (and that of course only as per request). only the database administrators could in principle do that, support cannot.

Return to “Feedback and Development”