Eurobilltracker-site Feedback.

Concerns? Let us know by posting here.

Moderators: avij, Phaseolus, Fons, dserrano5

Ord€p
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Re: Eurobilltracker-site Feedback.

Post by Ord€p »

Nerzhul wrote:This bug should be fixed now.
In Portuguese is fixed. Thanks.
Crazy Bob
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Crazy Bob »

The profiles of kajak and solzica are merged (I think), but now in the rankings we see "kajak (not seen in the past 30 days)". When one clicks the profile, the last bill entered was 2008-04-23 16:13:32. However, my hit with her is still around (and I'm happy about that :)), entered by kajak/solzica on 2008-12-11 20:56:33 :?
Gnaeus
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

Post by Gnaeus »

OK, a simple question for anyone who can answer. It is about the small flag images we all use. (for example --> :flag-at: )

In my profile I show a list of country flags at the bottom; where my bills were found, etc. In that profile I was able to successfully use the Czech flag by typing the traditional style code of :flag-xx: , but when I try it in the forum, I only get the text showing up like below :cry:

:arrow: :flag-cz:

Can someone explain why it works there on my profile, but not here in the Forum?

Does anyone have a list of which flag "shortcodes" exist for use on the profiles and/or the forum? I have seen all the ones in the "view more smilies" area, of course.

Thanks for any help on this!
R/J
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by R/J »

I think I know the answer, but I'm not 100% sure. The 'flags' on the forum are a subset of the smilies available on the forum. And the only flags available here on the forum are the Eurozone countries and the UK flag (because there's a Euro printer there). All country flags are used on the EBT site though, because it is possible to enter Euro's form every country.
My NIG stats have finally disappeared. My EBTST stats are still available.
Gnaeus
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

Post by Gnaeus »

A simple comment -- the other night, I was entering a lot of bills. Mostly :note-5:.

I switched to entering :note-10:, but that is where I made a mistake. I changed the bank information in the comment box. I changed the post code. But I forgot to change the bill type from :note-5: to :note-10: :oops:

I noticed only after entering 50 bills. :cry:

So now I have go into the "edit" function and change each bill one at a time. This will take a looooong time. It would be beneficial (since I am sure others of us have made similar mistakes) to have an "expert change function" for changing attributes of groups of bills at a time -- post code, value, city, country -- the things we are most likely to make a mistake with.

Is this an option, or has there been previous discission which led to a decision *not* to do this? Thanks in advance!

FYI -- I sent a message to the support team, but have not heard from them yet, so thought I might ask in this forum before the bills get too "old" and risk getting what would be a "fake" hit.
eddydevries
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by eddydevries »

You can post this idea in this topic: "Avij's and Nerzhul's famous to do list" (I think, it's already asked earlier).

But you can also send an e-mail to contact@eurobilltracker.com in which you tell which notes should be changed and where they should be changed into.
Previously only Avij and Nerzhul could use the programme to change more notes at once, but (correct me if I'm wrong) nowadays all the moderators can do it.
Eddy - Rotterdam - NL
weblog - EBT-stats 24-05-2013 - hits: 1742 +59 triples +1 quadruple = 1802.

Facebook-profile + Geocaching + postcrossing
Gnaeus
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

Post by Gnaeus »

eddydevries wrote:You can post this idea in this topic: "Avij's and Nerzhul's famous to do list" (I think, it's already asked earlier).

But you can also send an e-mail to contact@eurobilltracker.com in which you tell which notes should be changed and where they should be changed into.
Previously only Avij and Nerzhul could use the programme to change more notes at once, but (correct me if I'm wrong) nowadays all the moderators can do it.
Eddy, thanks for the comments. I already sent off to the contact team, and am waiting (hoping) for them to help. Good idea on posting in the other forum, and I will do so.
R/J
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by R/J »

I do not know if it is the site itself, or probably a setting of my browser I changed without knowing, but until today, clicking on the link "Forum" on the EBT site opened a new window, but now it does not.

I'm using Opera on Windows XP. I haven't tried yet with the other computer available to me (Vista).
My NIG stats have finally disappeared. My EBTST stats are still available.
erzin
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Post by erzin »

R/J wrote:I do not know if it is the site itself, or probably a setting of my browser I changed without knowing, but until today, clicking on the link "Forum" on the EBT site opened a new window, but now it does not.

I'm using Opera on Windows XP. I haven't tried yet with the other computer available to me (Vista).
same here, I use IE on windows XP
googlejaps
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by googlejaps »

Here FF still works, IE not (on Vista)
Kleman
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Kleman »

R/J wrote:I do not know if it is the site itself, or probably a setting of my browser I changed without knowing, but until today, clicking on the link "Forum" on the EBT site opened a new window, but now it does not.

the same with Mozilla Firefox 3.0.7
Mes stats

Monde: 34
France :flag-fr: : 1
Local (Bordeaux): 1

Notes: 882 825
Hits: 1436
doiknow
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Post by doiknow »

Same here. FF and Konqueror. Just had a look at the source code - it sais at that interesting part:

Code: Select all

<div class='menu_mainlink'><a href="http://www.eurobilltrackerforum.com/">Forum</a></div>
I have no idea where that part 'target="_blank"' went. I am pretty sure it had been there as the site always opened in a new tab...

Is it an error or a new philosophy?
One Currency, one Union, one Eurobilltracker...
My dots are of the same order as 10.
Nerzhul
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Nerzhul »

The menu is now part of an abstract layer which separates structure from markup. In future this will help us alter the design of the site more easily. For now please just hold CTRL when clicking on the link or bookmark the forum URL ;-)
EBT Webmaster | Author of the EBT-Tool | Dothunter! | EBT News on Twitter
presidente
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by presidente »

Nerzhul wrote:The menu is now part of an abstract layer which separates structure from markup. In future this will help us alter the design of the site more easily. For now please just hold CTRL when clicking on the link or bookmark the forum URL ;-)
If I click CTRL doesn't work the same

Return to “Feedback and Development”