Eurobilltracker-site Feedback.

Concerns? Let us know by posting here.

Moderators: avij, Phaseolus, Fons, dserrano5

avij
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Eurobilltracker-site Feedback.

Post by avij »

Montgomery Burns wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:18 pm Noticed about a week ago that choosing between "Top locations" and "Last locations" doesn't change the locations list ("stuck" on last locations). I feel this could be a "clear your cache" problem, which I haven't done, but I can say I'm getting the issue on two different browsers.
Have you considered the possibility of those two lists actually being the same? Note that the "top 10 locations" counts only locations used in the last 365 days, unless that query returns less than 10 rows, in which case the 365 days limit is dropped entirely. Maybe you haven't travelled much lately?
Money makes the world go round. We track how the money goes round the world.
Montgomery Burns
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Montgomery Burns »

Ah yes, that would explain it. I haven't registered many bills at all in the past year or so (local or not-so-local), let alone travel, so the 365 days thing explains it. Thanks.
Elmo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Elmo »

I mistakenly forgot to change the shortcode when entering new consecutive bills. I now want to have it changed via a support request, but the form won't accept the correct shortcode (V010B2). I get a message telling me to insert a valid shortcode. Can this be adjusted so the support requrest form accepts shortcodes from the Spanish printer as well?
Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are 'It might have been.' - Kurt Vonnegut
klapotec
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by klapotec »

Elmo wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:50 pm I mistakenly forgot to change the shortcode when entering new consecutive bills. I now want to have it changed via a support request, but the form won't accept the correct shortcode (V010B2). I get a message telling me to insert a valid shortcode. Can this be adjusted so the support requrest form accepts shortcodes from the Spanish printer as well?
The support form should accept Spanish shortcodes.
Which kind of notes did you want to change? Maybe they're the wrong denomination?

EDIT: after a test, it seems there is in fact a problem. I can't look further into it today (need to get up early tomorrow), but if avij doesn't beat me to it, I'll see to it Saturday at the latest.
Montgomery Burns
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Montgomery Burns »

I'm just using the Portuguese municipality of Caldas da Rainha as an example here, it could have been one of many other regions:

Number of cities discrepancy
Number of cities discrepancy
2021-05-20 145522.jpg (78.17 KiB) Viewed 6552 times

This is not a major thing, but can anything be done about it? I suppose it happens because, over time, redundant/erroneous city profiles are created and then merged with existing profiles. It's a pity the number at a region profile's page doesn't match the number at the cities-listed page.
Kleman
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Kleman »

36 cities but only 17 with notes entered. :wink:
Mes stats

Monde: 34
France :flag-fr: : 1
Local (Bordeaux): 1

Notes: 882 825
Hits: 1436
lmviterbo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by lmviterbo »

17 cities with notes entered during the past 365 days (or something like that — avij and the development team should know exactly what it is). Those are also the only ones that will be found through a direct search. For example, Fanadia (a "city" in the Caldas da Rainha municipality) can't be found, although it has a profile where one user entered 4 notes long ago.

It would be nice if this was specified somewhere, like a new line above the ranking — but this would be a new and probably tedious chore for the development team, who haven't had the time for almost anything in the past years.
xja
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

Post by xja »

lmviterbo wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 11:18 pm 17 cities with notes entered during the past 365 days (or something like that — avij and the development team should know exactly what it is). Those are also the only ones that will be found through a direct search. For example, Fanadia (a "city" in the Caldas da Rainha municipality) can't be found, although it has a profile where one user entered 4 notes long ago.
Yes, but that city shows up in the list of cities in that region, the question was about the discrepancy between the number of cities in a given region and the number of cities listed for that region.
klapotec
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by klapotec »

Looking a bit into that, it seems that there are some locations that have gotten coordinates, but have no note entries or users - so probably there were notes earlier, that have been deleted (either by the cleaning girls or because a user wanted their profile deleted). Portuguese city managers could clean this up by removing the coordinates of locations with neither notes nor users.
lmviterbo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by lmviterbo »

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Yes, you are both right.

I don't know who created all those coordinates, especially for inexistent places like "Serra do Bouro" (which is the name of the "freguesia" / civil parrish — not of any town). I suspect that a substantial amount of these may have been created by an overdiligent non-Portuguese city manager (some years ago, there was one well-intentioned fellow who created a lot of problems like these in the Portugal location database).

I will get in touch with Castanhola and we'll devise a plan to deal with these.
avij
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by avij »

EBT's web server will be updated some time early Sunday morning. Changes: If all goes well this change should go unnoticed.

edit: Changes done.
Fons
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Fons »

It seems some flag images and maps are not loading. Is this a known bug yet ?
avij
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by avij »

Fons wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:10 pm It seems some flag images and maps are not loading. Is this a known bug yet ?
Did this problem start showing up today? It may be browser-dependant. Works fine on my Chrome at least.
klapotec
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by klapotec »

avij wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:32 pm
Fons wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:10 pm It seems some flag images and maps are not loading. Is this a known bug yet ?
Did this problem start showing up today? It may be browser-dependant. Works fine on my Chrome at least.
it works on my laptop, doesn't on my (Android) phone
groentje
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by groentje »

I get a "400 Bad Request" when trying to see my notes. (Opera, on smartphone).

Return to “Feedback and Development”