EBT feature suggestions

Concerns? Let us know by posting here.

Moderators: avij, Phaseolus, Fons, dserrano5

m_vw
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

Re: EBT feature suggestions

Post by m_vw »

The regulars are probably familiar with the IRC channels, but for new people they might be somewhat hidden.

http://www.mibbit.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; offers a free possibility to add a webchat IRC client to your site. EBT just serves a simple html page, the rest is done by mibbit/the irc server.

See http://www.van-winsen.com/chat.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for my simple example. This brings you directly to #ebt.

This might lower the barrier for the new people. Just an idea.....

Maurice

Edit: Changed #ebt.nl to #ebt.
For #ebt.nl see http://www.van-winsen.com/chatnl.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
My first Note
My Stats (updated 2020.08.13)
Phaseolus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Phaseolus »

Regarding the system for ranking "hits", maybe we could simply give the opportunity to fellow EBTers to "like" or "dislike" a hit lke other social networks do.

Just look at the facebook interface of some BET users. When they have a nice hit, they like to "share" it.

Giving more "social network" features should be a possible way of development for EBT that is basically to network people tracking their bills.
Jes
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Jes »

Phaseolus wrote:Regarding the system for ranking "hits", maybe we could simply give the opportunity to fellow EBTers to "like" or "dislike" a hit lke other social networks do.

Just look at the facebook interface of some BET users. When they have a nice hit, they like to "share" it.

Giving more "social network" features should be a possible way of development for EBT that is basically to network people tracking their bills.
I like this post :mrgreen: (thus, I second it)
Jes Speaks English, French, Spanish, Tokpisin and Esperanto. (Currently learning Swahili).
Don't fear perfection, you'll never reach it! (by Salvador Dali)
my EBT: http://es.eurobilltracker.com/profile/?user=121292" coins and banknote collector. :)
lmviterbo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by lmviterbo »

Great suggestion. Maybe you should write it on http://ebt.uservoice.com/forums/127893-general" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Phaseolus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Phaseolus »

lmviterbo wrote:Great suggestion. Maybe you should write it on http://ebt.uservoice.com/forums/127893-general" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://ebt.uservoice.com/forums/127893- ... -button-li" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

now you can like it or not ! :mrgreen:
lmviterbo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by lmviterbo »

This is a suggestion for the CityManager.

For every location, I'd love to see not only Notes and Users but also Hits. As a member of the geocoords team (or whatever it's called :roll: ), I would love to focus on unlocated and unregionalized locations and parents where hits have already occurred, so that distances and stats in general can be corrected.
portaonze
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Faulty app fakes

Post by portaonze »

With regards to the "fake locations" due to the faulty app, I would like to ask if some kind of control could be implemented.
I do not mean a full block on unusual country/city combinations, because some might be real (a place called Queluz exists in Portugal and Brasil, Lagos is both a city in Nigeria and Portugal, London in the UK and USA, etc...).
But I wonder if a warning message could not be implemented to alert users of possible mistakes.
Maybe something like: "The post code/city combination you have just entered is already present in our database, albeit allocated to a different country to the one you selected. Please double check the accuracy of your insertion".
I understand this could be tricky to implement with users of 3rd party apps, but it might help in keeping the Database a bit cleaner.

What do you say?
dirk81
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie

Post by dirk81 »

is it planed to get statistics for the series of the entered (own and all) banknotes? Now its difficult to see in the printer statistics, because old and new printer-letters get mixed.
Eliezer
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Eliezer »

A search term for differentiating between 2002 and 2013 series would be nice - to keep track of Europa series notes I have entered.
dirk81
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie

Post by dirk81 »

we need a filter for 6-time-hits on this page:
http://de.eurobilltracker.com/hits/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

here one note that have 6 hits:
http://de.eurobilltracker.com/notes/?id=121696012" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

maybe there are even higher?
lmviterbo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by lmviterbo »

I guess Customer Feedback on UserVoice has been kind of stale, with only one new idea posted there in 2013. So I took the liberty of reposting this idea below (please be free to delete this if it doesn't belong in this topic):
Hit chances info while inserting

I'd love to see my chances of having a hit when I'm inserting a note.

On the New Note page, there would be an info field informing me what are my chances of getting a hit.

First, it would show the chances for the town/postcode, then it would change according to whatever I inserted. A 10-€? It would change for the chance 10-€ notes get of having an active hit on this place. It could even take the serial number significant digits or the plate number to downpin the chances, if there's enough data. Then, if I'm on the expert form, for instance, and add a 5-€, it would change on-the-fly to the average of this and the previous one.

This anxiety factor would arguably double anyone's will to register notes. :)
I hope this is an easy task on the developers' side and not too demanding for the server when/if implemented.

If you like this idea, go there and vote for its implementation. :)
JHN-TX
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by JHN-TX »

I see 2 new users registered in Ireland on 8-7-2013 but did not enter any notes.
I think from my own experience, not being able to find the short code can be very off putting .

How about an automated email sent to new users who fail to enter any note within 5 days of resistering.
This email could welcome the user to EBT and explain how to find the short code.

When I first found this site I was looking forward to entering notes but had trouble finding the short code and felt a bit disappointed and frustrated at not being able to do so.
I don`t want your money, I just want your serial number

lyric. The face that I see in my mirror more and more is a stranger to me.
Some Days are Diamonds - John Denver
MDeen
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by MDeen »

Maybe that mail can be sent immediately, along with a link to the FAQ where it is explained how to enter notes.

About the FAQ: the part about where the shortcode can be found should be amended for the new Europe :note-5: notes. It is not on the left anymore but on the right.
I think it should also be convenient to show images with an arrow pointing to where the shortcode is.
See also http://www.ibiblio.org/theeuro/bnk.printcode.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; , but I would make the circle a bit more visible, like making a line between the expanded shortcode and the small circle.
YCNZ
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

Post by YCNZ »

New things I would like to see (I don't know if they have been mentioned anywhere else, I am just throwing ideas off on the table here)

1- The ability to sort all entries by serial number alone. It would be fun - and interesting - for instance, to somehow realize that I have entered a note from the same uncirculated bundle all out of a random

2- I would really like to see new maps. It looks like everybody else can use google's maps without any problems apart from ebt. I am sure this has been mentioned before, so I second it.

3- There really has to be a homogenized version of city names OR simply register notes by postal code alone. Why I am saying this? You can find the city of Athens registered as Athens, Athina (which is how Athens is pronounced in greek but in latin characters) and also Αθήνα which is Athens in greek, or even A8hna or A8ina (in extreme cases - I am not aware of them in here but they exist in real life as sick, but real new "cool" spellings).
At the same time, you have users entering notes from a different city in SUBURBAN Athens, but yet again, they enter it as the note being found in Athens, meaning the metropolitan area and not the city proper, so we have 6 different entries with 5 meaning the same city proper as a mayoral unit, and the sixth being slightly inaccurate meaning that a note literally could be entered anywhere in Attica as a metro area, as greeks are not too fussy about city limits, yet again they enter it simply as "ATHENS" in any form, despite the fact that it could actually be 60km away from Athens as a city proper but still in Athens metro area.
I understand that this example highlights similar issues with many other cities / countries too. What I wanted to illustrate with this point is: a- Find a way to allow ONLY ONE entry for any city in any form/language/spelling, with an autocorrect feature or suggested place name from a drop down menu probably, OR alternatively, b- remove the city entry field altogether, provided that zip / postal codes are limited enough in area in most cases so to pinpoint a location accurately, and also, postal codes are limited (again in most cases) in only one city. Or also, c- where applicable, and there is one postal code per city or many post codes correspond to one city, autocorrect the city name once the postal code has been entered.
dserrano5
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by dserrano5 »

YCNZ wrote:3- There really has to be a homogenized version of city names OR simply register notes by postal code alone. Why I am saying this? You can find the city of Athens registered as Athens, Athina (which is how Athens is pronounced in greek but in latin characters) and also Αθήνα which is Athens in greek, or even A8hna or A8ina (in extreme cases - I am not aware of them in here but they exist in real life as sick, but real new "cool" spellings).
There is a one-an-only internal name. I second this suggestion, to use the "parent city" instead of individual locations. Or at least, to have the choice to do so. And show the parent city instead of the individual locations in the exported CSV files.

Return to “Feedback and Development”