Fake locations

Concerns? Let us know by posting here.

Moderators: Fons, avij, Phaseolus, dserrano5

androl
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Location: München (Myeenack, Mjuncken), Deutschland (Chairmany, Djutschländ)

Re: Fake locations

Post by androl »

do the users S.ALZ, isl8, JuergenL, Forsi, ChrissanAG and Euroverteiler have any common way of entering notes? They have all entered notes with incorrect character encoding with \u####, like
Matalasca\u00f1as (Matalascañas)
M\u00fcnchen (München)
L\u00fcbeck (Lübeck)
Sein\u00e4joki (Seinäjoki)
\u00c9vian-les-Bains (Évian-les-Bains)
Turni\u0161\u010de (Turnišče)
Joshu, a Chinese Zen master, asked a cow:
"Do you have Buddha-nature or not?"
The cow answered: "Moo."
an-148
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Location: summer: Ivanica, BiH ; winter: La Calamine (Liège) BE

Post by an-148 »

maybe also a bug in there software ?
(b.t.w.: is there a way to correct the coutry for the users who didn't notice there mistake?: after correction of the Android software, there are no new coutry mistakes but there remain many older bills in the wrong country)
http://meine.flugstatistik.de/image/an148.gif" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
avij
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by avij »

androl wrote:do the users S.ALZ, isl8, JuergenL, Forsi, ChrissanAG and Euroverteiler have any common way of entering notes? They have all entered notes with incorrect character encoding with \u####
I don't know for certain if that's the case here, but the web browsers in some phones get confused about the charset. The page specifies UTF-8 to be used, but they still use some other charset to send the data.
an-148 wrote:(b.t.w.: is there a way to correct the coutry for the users who didn't notice there mistake?: after correction of the Android software, there are no new coutry mistakes but there remain many older bills in the wrong country)
I'm planning to review the entries of the affected users at the end of the year or so and make the necessary changes. I'm still hoping that the majority of people would fix the errors in their note entries themselves, saving me a bit of manual work.
Money makes the world go round. We track how the money goes round the world.
an-148
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Location: summer: Ivanica, BiH ; winter: La Calamine (Liège) BE

Post by an-148 »

:wink: :wink:
http://meine.flugstatistik.de/image/an148.gif" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
BaliBennie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by BaliBennie »

This hit is polluting the Haïti statistics.

Recently the first real notes were tracked in this country.
Visit my homepage to see my statistics, maps and more!

Look at my 5 years statistics

Er gaat niets boven Groningen EBT
lmviterbo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by lmviterbo »

avij wrote:
androl wrote:do the users S.ALZ, isl8, JuergenL, Forsi, ChrissanAG and Euroverteiler have any common way of entering notes? They have all entered notes with incorrect character encoding with \u####
I don't know for certain if that's the case here, but the web browsers in some phones get confused about the charset. The page specifies UTF-8 to be used, but they still use some other charset to send the data.
A new location has appeared in Portugal showing the same problem: Cerv\u00e3es. I still haven't merged it with Cervães (https://pt.eurobilltracker.com/profile/?city=138869" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) because I don't know if you plan to do something with these errors and it's easier for that purpose that the wrong locations are parent locations.
avij
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by avij »

lmviterbo wrote:A new location has appeared in Portugal showing the same problem: Cerv\u00e3es. I still haven't merged it with Cervães (https://pt.eurobilltracker.com/profile/?city=138869" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) because I don't know if you plan to do something with these errors and it's easier for that purpose that the wrong locations are parent locations.
I had a look at the log and there is a chance that it's the same Massilia Dev's Android app that's mangling the non-ascii characters. However, there's still some uncertainty because that app uses a somewhat generic user agent string, which could theoretically be used by other apps as well. The user agent string doesn't match the user agent string of the other Android app (hi Nivram!) nor iEBT (for iPhones), so they're off the hook.

I tried to reproduce the problem with my own Android phone and Massilia Dev's Android app, but everything worked fine. I guess I'll send the user an email and request more information.

You can merge the cities if you want to. It does no harm, although the cities with incorrect encoding will eventually be fixed once the root cause of the problem has been identified and fixed, so you may end up doing some extra work.
lmviterbo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by lmviterbo »

avij wrote:You can merge the cities if you want to. It does no harm, although the cities with incorrect encoding will eventually be fixed once the root cause of the problem has been identified and fixed, so you may end up doing some extra work.
Thanks for all the information. I didn't know Nivram's Android app and will try it.

I merged the locations. I had searched for "%\u0%" locations and there's none apart from Cervães so even if the error isn't corrected soon it shouldn't be too much work to merge the future miscoded locations, if any.
Ashido44
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Post by Ashido44 »

https://de.eurobilltracker.com/notes/?id=120434201

tram-love keeps riding on the wrong track...
1) Capellen 8309 is in Luxembourg
2) still the same comment...
Die Bündelmischer, die meisten Belgier sind, haben gar keine Ahnung, was der EBT-Geist ist
The mixers of bundles, which are most of them belgians, don't have any clue, what's the EBT spirit
Les mélangeurs de liasses, belges pour la plupart, n'ont aucune idée de ce qu'est l'esprit EBT
De Bundelsmixers, die meeste Belgen zijn, hebben geen idee wat de EBT-geest is
roberdy
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by roberdy »

avij wrote:I had a look at the log and there is a chance that it's the same Massilia Dev's Android app that's mangling the non-ascii characters. However, there's still some uncertainty because that app uses a somewhat generic user agent string, which could theoretically be used by other apps as well. The user agent string doesn't match the user agent string of the other Android app (hi Nivram!) nor iEBT (for iPhones), so they're off the hook.

I tried to reproduce the problem with my own Android phone and Massilia Dev's Android app, but everything worked fine. I guess I'll send the user an email and request more information.
I'm quite new with my Android phone, and standardly my hometown is displayed as N\u00fcrnberg - thats extremely annoying. :(
avij
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by avij »

roberdy wrote:I'm quite new with my Android phone, and standardly my hometown is displayed as N\u00fcrnberg - thats extremely annoying. :(
Did you perhaps use the automatic location detection function? I guess it works if you enter the location manually, but breaks if you ask the phone to determine the location. Just a theory. I don't have any umlaut places nearby where I could test this.
Ewri
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Ewri »

avij wrote:
roberdy wrote:I'm quite new with my Android phone, and standardly my hometown is displayed as N\u00fcrnberg - thats extremely annoying. :(
Did you perhaps use the automatic location detection function? I guess it works if you enter the location manually, but breaks if you ask the phone to determine the location. Just a theory. I don't have any umlaut places nearby where I could test this.
It also happened to me when I tried to insert notes with my tablet in Buġibba because of the ''ġ''
avij
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by avij »

I suppose you could contact the application developer directly and give him the appropriate details of the problem to get the bux fixed.
savesigita
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular
Location: Italia + Latvija +wherever we get the chance to travel to!

Post by savesigita »

Dominic38 wrote:It's since 2009 that tram-love doesn't insert notes from the right place.
See here
Four years and he continues to do what he wants. Deliberately violating the rules of EBT.
He wrote it himself in his profile on EBT.
tramlove.JPG
I don't understand. It's easy to modify the place in Munchen!
Almost all of his hit are wrong.
First hit
Second
4^
5^
6^
7^
8^
12^ :roll:
28^
29^
32^
41^
45^
57^
60^

15 hit on 62 with wrong location.

But who knows how many hundreds of bills tracked in the wrong way

I don't understand. It's been 4 years. Indeed. His first hit, the first hit and false, dates back to 2005. But perhaps it would suffice to say that it is a faker location since it is on EBT.
I don't understand. Do something. For the sake of EBT.
LITO wrote:I don't agree , tram love wants to trace brand new notes from where he spent them instead of where they were printed , why not ? It should not matter since those notes actually were there and it does not do any arm to EBT. :wink:
I totally agree with Dominic! It's a shame that nothing has been done!
And there's no point even in discussing this: simply, when you enter new notes, in the form is written: "Where did you get the note?", not where did you spend or where did you bring! You got it in Munich, you insert it in Munich!
So I'd like to have an answer from who doesn't change the location/delete the notes? why nothing has been done? will someone do something about this?
but please I'd like my question to be answered!
LArdennais
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by LArdennais »

LArdennais wrote:????????????????????????????????????

http://fr.eurobilltracker.com/notes/?id=132275229
eddydevries wrote:It's a hit between notgroschen and GBS (this was to get the names into this post).

But I wonder, why do you think it's suspicious?
(according to the comments, this note from notgroschen was found by "Schmidt" on his/her holidays at Fuerteventura and was spent home at the Sparkasse)
LArdennais wrote:What about GBS entry ? Where has HE really found this note ? In :flag-es: Fuerteventura or in his :flag-de: city ?
http://liste.eurobillets.free.fr/ : don't miss it every day ! à zieuter tous les jours ! kijk elke dag ! :D

Return to “Feedback and Development”