Concerns? Let us know by posting here.

Moderators: avij, Phaseolus, Fons, dserrano5

siebeke
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie

new 5€ bills not recognized when entering

Post by siebeke »

Hello you all!

I just entered some bank notes and I had two new notes of 5€.
These have a long code with 2 letters and "the system" tells me I made a mistake.

I know that normally, there is only 1 letter in the "long code", but not here.

Have any of you encountered the same problem? Does anyone know if EBT is fixing this?

Thanks, and kind regards,

Elke Vekeman,
Belgium
Montgomery Burns
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Re: new 5€ bills not recognized when entering

Post by Montgomery Burns »

Sounds like you need to clear your browser's stored data (cache, cookies). The system was adapted to recognize the new fivers in May.
siebeke
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie

Post by siebeke »

Do I need to allow cookies? Remove them from my computer?
What about the cache? What should I do with it?

Sorry for these - perhaps - silly questions, but I'm not all that advanced in these computerthings.

Thanks in advance for your info!

Kind regards.
Montgomery Burns
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Montgomery Burns »

I'm a bit surprised by the lack of any other replies here (ie. by someone in charge)... I'm saying you should clean your cache and cookies once. Then close and re-open your browser, and see how it goes.
jonman
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Post by jonman »

well, in the german forum people were having the same problems, and they haven’t been able to find a solution. i think i remember that someone said that this problem wouldn’t appear using the expert form. also, normally you shouldn’t be hindered from submitting the europa :note-5:, it’s just that the field won’t turn green and the cursor won’t be automatically set in the next field.
My profile
22.9.14 90. :note-200: entered
9.9.14 50. :note-500: entered
17.8.14 300. hit occured
12.8.14 550. :note-100: entered
28.7.14 5000. :note-10: entered
16.11.13 3 years of EBT
10.9.13 25000. note entered
30.7.13 15000. :note-5: entered
23.7.13 2500. :note-20: entered
7.2.13 1000. :note-50: entered
siebeke
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie

Post by siebeke »

Hello Jonman,

I appreciate what you're saying, but EBT said that "I had made a mistake".
Like one of us said in reply to my question, I should clean out my cookies and my cache (what the heck is cache and where do I find it?), close my browser and reopen it. Then it should work.
Do you think that's correct?

Thanksk in advance,

Siebeke
Petri6
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Post by Petri6 »

That seems very peculiar, I've entered of at least tens of new 5e notes without any problem and no on has complained with any problems with them in the Finnish speaking forum. I've used the single note entry form though. Have you made sure that you just didn't misspell the serial number?
siebeke
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie

Post by siebeke »

Yes, I am sure I did not misspell, because I checked it at least three times.
I suspected something was not write, because the code did not become green (I think it's supposed to be green: the color that says it's the correct code. That appears almost immediately.

I could erase my cookies from my computer, but I don't know what to do about my "cache". What do I do with that? Remove it? Clean it up?
I have Windows 7, but I have no clue where this "cache" is supposed to be. Is it in a folder, or is it an internet option?

Thanks in advance for any advice you might give me.

Kind regards,

Siebeke
ErGo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by ErGo »

siebeke wrote:..., but I don't know what to do about my "cache". What do I do with that? Remove it? Clean it up?
http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser's-Cache
Elmo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Elmo »

Did you try to insert it? At one computer the system told me that the serial number was wrong, but when I inserted it, it was accepted anyway.
Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are 'It might have been.' - Kurt Vonnegut
Juristi M
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Post by Juristi M »

When inserting new 5 € Europa notes make sure that you ALWAYS insert the value of the note (5 €) first and only then the printer code and serial number.
Entering the value first enables EBT to detect that you are trying to enter :note-5: for which there can be new notes with two letters in serial number. For other values this detection does not work (yet).

The default format for a serial number is one letter followed by 11 numbers. So if you try to insert a serial with two letters and 10 numbers without having first inserted the value :note-5: EBT assumes that you are making a mistake and "warns" you with red colour in the serial number field.
mirandolina
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by mirandolina »

I've entered several new bills without any problem, but today the site doesn't want to accept them.

Maybe it's just a bad day ... !
avij
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by avij »

Sorry for the delayed response.
siebeke wrote:I just entered some bank notes and I had two new notes of 5€.
These have a long code with 2 letters and "the system" tells me I made a mistake.
Providing the full error message might have been informative. According to the logs, the error message you've been shown has been "You have already entered this note on 2013-07-01 19:43:22. You are probably making a mistake." The solution to this problem is to enter your notes only once.

Another typical problem with the Europa banknotes is that the denomination is incorrect. EBT will allow Europa-series banknotes only if the selected denomination is 5.
Money makes the world go round. We track how the money goes round the world.
eddydevries
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by eddydevries »

avij wrote:Another typical problem with the Europa banknotes is that the denomination is incorrect. EBT will allow Europa-series banknotes only if the selected denomination is 5.
Next year the new :note-10: will be released.
According to message by the ECB, the leaflets to the shops will be send in June. I think, these notes will be released soon after, so we'll try to enter them in June/July/August.

It might be "a bit" early to ask, but can you add the Europe :note-10: to be allowed to enter at that time?
Eddy - Rotterdam - NL
weblog - EBT-stats 24-05-2013 - hits: 1742 +59 triples +1 quadruple = 1802.

Facebook-profile + Geocaching + postcrossing
Asiamaniac
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Asiamaniac »

STOP, forget it. I have found the mistake! Everything is fine.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hello everybody; sorry to dig out this topic, but I have some problems entering :note-5: , too. When I enter the data, everything seems fine. When I upload, I get the message that I have tried to enter an invalid serial number or invalid printing code for that nominal. Some values are only valid for bills of the Europe series.

(Sie haben versucht, eine ungültige Seriennummer oder einen ungültigen Druckereicode für diese Wertstufe einzugeben. Einige Werte gelten nur für Scheine der Europaserie. Bitte korrigieren Sie die Daten.)

Well, I have checked my records, and everything seems fine. (Unfortunately, these bills are in circulation again as I tracked them from one bank to another. The combination of the said bills is P (Printing code) and PA (Serial)

Where is the mistake, or did I scribble down a few dozen wrong combinations? :?
Meine Angst, dass die Autokorrektur einmal etwas Obszönes ausspuckt, wichst täglich.

Return to “Feedback and Development”