Multiple hits column "Days" doesn't add up

Concerns? Let us know by posting here.

Moderators: avij, Phaseolus, Fons, dserrano5

K3vin
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie

Multiple hits column "Days" doesn't add up

Post by K3vin »

Hi! With multpile hits on the "Hits" page in the column "Days" the value for some of the multiple hit notes (not all) is 1 day different than the value that you get when you add the days on the bill page itself.

For instance for this note on the "Hits" page the "Days" value is 1277, but when we add 1191+85 then the sum is 1276.

But for this note the "Days" value is 1187, and when we add 893+294, it is still 1187.

Surely I cannot be the first to notice?
the_pooh_tripper
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Re: Multiple hits column "Days" doesn't add up

Post by the_pooh_tripper »

K3vin wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:21 pm Hi! With multpile hits on the "Hits" page in the column "Days" the value for some of the multiple hit notes (not all) is 1 day different than the value that you get when you add the days on the bill page itself.

For instance for this note on the "Hits" page the "Days" value is 1277, but when we add 1191+85 then the sum is 1276.

But for this note the "Days" value is 1187, and when we add 893+294, it is still 1187.

Surely I cannot be the first to notice?
Hi it's just because EBT uses the Finnish time. The note registered in Austria at 11:02 pm, but in Finnland is already 12:02 am
K3vin
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie

Post by K3vin »

the_pooh_tripper wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:50 pm Hi it's just because EBT uses the Finnish time. The note registered in Austria at 11:02 pm, but in Finnland is already 12:02 am
I'm sorry, I don't understand your explanation at all :? Especially since some of the other multiple hits notes that have all hits only in Finland have the same 1 day difference
the_pooh_tripper
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Post by the_pooh_tripper »

K3vin wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:08 pm
the_pooh_tripper wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:50 pm Hi it's just because EBT uses the Finnish time. The note registered in Austria at 11:02 pm, but in Finnland is already 12:02 am
I'm sorry, I don't understand your explanation at all :? Especially since some of the other multiple hits notes that have all hits only in Finland have the same 1 day difference
The hits or statistics (notes/days etc...) Always based on GMT+2
K3vin
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie

Post by K3vin »

the_pooh_tripper wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:53 pm The hits or statistics (notes/days etc...) Always based on GMT+2
This doesn't explain anything :roll: Can you please provide examples, how do we get for instance a triple hit where the value of "Days" is the same as when adding up the number of days manually, and when it is different.

Or can you please take me through the process how does it work with these examples:

1) Note circulating only in Finland: https://en.eurobilltracker.com/notes/?id=194245125 : days calculated manually: 466, value of "Days": 466
2) Note circulating only in Finland: https://en.eurobilltracker.com/notes/?id=194245129 : days calculated manually: 905, value of "Days": 906

Where does the 1 day difference on the "Hits" page in example 2 come from? What does it have to do with GMT? Both notes are registered only inside Finland in the same time zone on all occasions and the last entered date for both bills is exactly the same.
klapotec
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by klapotec »

The timezone doesn't matter here, it's just an arithmetic effect: in your first example (the Austrian triple) the first leg of the hit took 1191.89 days, the second leg was 85.41 days, which adds up to 1277.3 days - display of any hit features only whole days, however, so here we have 1191 days and 85 days, which of course adds up to 1276 days. So the complete hit took one day more than the sum of it's parts because fractional days are not displayed.

Return to “Feedback and Development”