Incorrect dots and inaccuracies among city profiles

Concerns? Let us know by posting here.

Moderators: avij, Phaseolus, Fons, dserrano5

User avatar
Burdie
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1683
Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2004 6:59 pm
Location: Ireland
Contact:

Re: Incorrect dots and inaccuracies among city profiles

Post by Burdie » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:20 pm

Elmo wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:03 pm
I see someone has added the dots from my parents' last holiday, thanks! However, I have found a few wrong coordinates:
Hello Elmo, I hope it is better now
Personal statistics from: NIGMM / EBTST 247 Hits with 2 triple :flag-ie: 3 :flag-eu: 391
list of (known by me) latest "codes_country.txt" files Blog

User avatar
Elmo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 4056
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2002 4:16 pm
Location: Leiden (Netherlands)

Re: Incorrect dots and inaccuracies among city profiles

Post by Elmo » Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:03 am

Burdie wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:20 pm
Elmo wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:03 pm
I see someone has added the dots from my parents' last holiday, thanks! However, I have found a few wrong coordinates:
Hello Elmo, I hope it is better now
Thanks for the effort, Burdie! However, Image Kremna / Кремна is misplaced: it is in the dot below the one where it should be. Could you give it coordinates 43.850°N, 19.581°E? Perhaps the 0.002° to the north make the difference... :roll:
Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are 'It might have been.' - Kurt Vonnegut

User avatar
Burdie
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1683
Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2004 6:59 pm
Location: Ireland
Contact:

Re: Incorrect dots and inaccuracies among city profiles

Post by Burdie » Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:27 am

Elmo wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:03 am
Burdie wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:20 pm
Elmo wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:03 pm
I see someone has added the dots from my parents' last holiday, thanks! However, I have found a few wrong coordinates:
Hello Elmo, I hope it is better now
Thanks for the effort, Burdie! However, Image Kremna / Кремна is misplaced: it is in the dot below the one where it should be. Could you give it coordinates 43.850°N, 19.581°E? Perhaps the 0.002° to the north make the difference... :roll:
Better So? First Coördinates where from Google Map, Second coördinates where from Wikipedia.
Personal statistics from: NIGMM / EBTST 247 Hits with 2 triple :flag-ie: 3 :flag-eu: 391
list of (known by me) latest "codes_country.txt" files Blog

User avatar
Elmo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 4056
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2002 4:16 pm
Location: Leiden (Netherlands)

Re: Incorrect dots and inaccuracies among city profiles

Post by Elmo » Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:56 pm

Burdie wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:27 am
Better So? First Coördinates where from Google Map, Second coördinates where from Wikipedia.
Awesome! :D Thanks for the effort!
Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are 'It might have been.' - Kurt Vonnegut

siriusLT
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular
Posts: 165
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:59 am

Re: Incorrect dots and inaccuracies among city profiles

Post by siriusLT » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:53 am

Missing dots:

Ziniūnai, Šiauliai county, Lithuania. 56.208008, 23.580205
Ąžuolų Būda, Marijampolė county, Lithuania. 54.704191, 23.522767

User avatar
Burdie
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1683
Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2004 6:59 pm
Location: Ireland
Contact:

Re: Incorrect dots and inaccuracies among city profiles

Post by Burdie » Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:07 pm

siriusLT wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:53 am
Missing dots:

Ziniūnai, Šiauliai county, Lithuania. 56.208008, 23.580205
Ąžuolų Būda, Marijampolė county, Lithuania. 54.704191, 23.522767
All done, Thanks
Personal statistics from: NIGMM / EBTST 247 Hits with 2 triple :flag-ie: 3 :flag-eu: 391
list of (known by me) latest "codes_country.txt" files Blog

User avatar
Kleman
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 14684
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2005 12:24 am
Location: Bordeaux
Contact:

Re: Incorrect dots and inaccuracies among city profiles

Post by Kleman » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:00 pm

Missing Dot:
https://fr.eurobilltracker.com/notes/?id=198545566
Plattsburgh Image , NY

44.703216, -73.491790

Thanks !
Mes stats

Monde: 47
France :flag-fr: : 1
Local (Bordeaux): 1

Notes: 562 406
Hits: 895

User avatar
Burdie
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1683
Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2004 6:59 pm
Location: Ireland
Contact:

Re: Incorrect dots and inaccuracies among city profiles

Post by Burdie » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:56 pm

Kleman wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:00 pm
Missing Dot:
https://fr.eurobilltracker.com/notes/?id=198545566
Plattsburgh Image , NY

44.703216, -73.491790

Thanks !
Done, but `please give us at least 48 hours the time the next time.
Personal statistics from: NIGMM / EBTST 247 Hits with 2 triple :flag-ie: 3 :flag-eu: 391
list of (known by me) latest "codes_country.txt" files Blog

User avatar
Kleman
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 14684
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2005 12:24 am
Location: Bordeaux
Contact:

Re: Incorrect dots and inaccuracies among city profiles

Post by Kleman » Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:26 am

Thank you, and sorry, i'm a little bit impatient :oops:
It's the jet lag :P
Mes stats

Monde: 47
France :flag-fr: : 1
Local (Bordeaux): 1

Notes: 562 406
Hits: 895

User avatar
de*lerger
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 4947
Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 9:24 pm
Location: Lies - Terschelling (NL)

Re: Incorrect dots and inaccuracies among city profiles

Post by de*lerger » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:42 pm

The dot for my Vejlby note appears on the wrong side of Denmark.

The correct coordinates are 56.573760 N, 8.138432 E
My map

User avatar
Burdie
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1683
Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2004 6:59 pm
Location: Ireland
Contact:

Re: Incorrect dots and inaccuracies among city profiles

Post by Burdie » Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:27 am

de*lerger wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:42 pm
The dot for my Vejlby note appears on the wrong side of Denmark.

The correct coordinates are 56.573760 N, 8.138432 E
Corrected, the other coordinates where from the other Vejlby
Personal statistics from: NIGMM / EBTST 247 Hits with 2 triple :flag-ie: 3 :flag-eu: 391
list of (known by me) latest "codes_country.txt" files Blog

User avatar
Kleman
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 14684
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2005 12:24 am
Location: Bordeaux
Contact:

Re: Incorrect dots and inaccuracies among city profiles

Post by Kleman » Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:22 am

Hi !
My notes from Cornwall ON Image want to come back in the good country, even if the queen is the chief too !

Cornwall UK :flag-uk:

45.021285, -74.745433

Thank you ! :D
Mes stats

Monde: 47
France :flag-fr: : 1
Local (Bordeaux): 1

Notes: 562 406
Hits: 895

siriusLT
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular
Posts: 165
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:59 am

Re: Incorrect dots and inaccuracies among city profiles

Post by siriusLT » Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:34 pm

this should be merged with this city profile

User avatar
tigerpranke
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1678
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:20 pm
Location: Dingolfing, Germany
Contact:

Re: Incorrect dots and inaccuracies among city profiles

Post by tigerpranke » Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:16 pm

siriusLT wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:34 pm
this should be merged with this city profile
Done.

User avatar
laurentina
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 6609
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:23 am
Location: Switzerland

Re: Incorrect dots and inaccuracies among city profiles

Post by laurentina » Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:58 am

Hello
I entered notes in Gießen, Germany.
In my .csv files I get the coordintes: 50.551 / 8.6188 which is Allendorf an der Lahn (in the dot west of Gießen)
correct coordinates for Gießen are: 50.584 / 8.6784
Please change, thanks

Post Reply

Return to “Feedback and Development”