English speaking visitors in Lithuania euro thread

Pokalbiai, pasitarimai, komentarai bei mintys apie Euro banknotų sekimą - lietuviškai

Moderator: negative

User avatar
Steda
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 10390
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2004 10:26 am
Location: Lommel, Belgium

Re: English speaking visitors in Lithuania euro thread

Postby Steda » Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:37 pm

I got my first hit with Lithuania . I'm very happy. :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://nl.eurobilltracker.com/notes/?id=129652413

Barzdonas
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training
Posts: 61
Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:05 pm
Location: Vilnius, Lithuania

Re: English speaking visitors in Lithuania euro thread

Postby Barzdonas » Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:01 pm

Euro kelionė į Lietuvą / The Euro’s Journey to Lithuania

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hg24F4BrVs

User avatar
pipocadoce
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 3197
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:15 am
Location: Portugal-Alentejo

Re: English speaking visitors in Lithuania euro thread

Postby pipocadoce » Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:55 pm

:P I'll visit Vilnius in September :mrgreen:

User avatar
westwind
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1292
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2005 7:20 am
Location: Lithuania

Re: English speaking visitors in Lithuania euro thread

Postby westwind » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:38 am

pipocadoce wrote::P I'll visit Vilnius in September :mrgreen:

I hope after your visit I'll find at least one Portuguese eurocoin in local circulation :)

User avatar
claudio vda
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 8754
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:35 pm
Location: Pisa (IT) + Bremen (DE)
Contact:

Re: English speaking visitors in Lithuania euro thread

Postby claudio vda » Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:22 pm

Always following Eurobills 8)

Image
My statistics are HERE, last update 17th September 2017 .
Join the European Association of Eurobilltrackers (A2E) !!!

User avatar
westwind
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1292
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2005 7:20 am
Location: Lithuania

Re: English speaking visitors in Lithuania euro thread

Postby westwind » Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:20 pm

Having in view my hobby, some days ago my friend said he has something very interesting for me, to be more exact he let me in greater detail investigate what is inside of Lithuanian vending machines, as he works as an administrator which operates them :D So during some hours I reviewed several thousand eurocoins that were dropped by Lithuanians into the local vending machines :) It was in total about 5000 coins in all bags like one of them looks on the picture below:

Image

So, for a deep (and faster :roll: ) analytical work it was necessary to involve additional plastic container throwing checked coins in it 8)

Content of one full bag:
Image

Many bags, thousands of coins and such are the first results:

More than half of coins were 20c, 10c, 5c and 2c, less often 1c, 50c and 1€, least of all - 2€ coins.
About 80% of all coins were Lithuanian.
Among all foreign coins (in order by visual rate of occurrence):
Spain, France, Germany, Ireland, Belgium, Netherlands, Italy, Estonia, Latvia, Finland, Austria, Greece, Slovakia (hundreds and tens coins from each country).
Some exotic in my country:
Portugal - 32 coins
Luxembourg - 15 coins
Malta- 8 coins
Cyprus - 7 coins
and Slovenia - only 2 among all about 5000 reviewed coins.

Such Lithuanian statistics 8)

nightman398
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie
Posts: 40
Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:04 pm
Location: Vilnius, Lithuania

Re: English speaking visitors in Lithuania euro thread

Postby nightman398 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:35 pm

westwind wrote:Having in view my hobby, some days ago my friend said he has something very interesting for me, to be more exact he let me in greater detail investigate what is inside of Lithuanian vending machines, as he works as an administrator which operates them :D So during some hours I reviewed several thousand eurocoins that were dropped by Lithuanians into the local vending machines :) It was in total about 5000 coins in all bags like one of them looks on the picture below:

Image

So, for a deep (and faster :roll: ) analytical work it was necessary to involve additional plastic container throwing checked coins in it 8)

Content of one full bag:
Image

Many bags, thousands of coins and such are the first results:

More than half of coins were 20c, 10c, 5c and 2c, less often 1c, 50c and 1€, least of all - 2€ coins.
About 80% of all coins were Lithuanian.
Among all foreign coins (in order by visual rate of occurrence):
Spain, France, Germany, Ireland, Belgium, Netherlands, Italy, Estonia, Latvia, Finland, Austria, Greece, Slovakia (hundreds and tens coins from each country).
Some exotic in my country:
Portugal - 32 coins
Luxembourg - 15 coins
Malta- 8 coins
Cyprus - 7 coins
and Slovenia - only 2 among all about 5000 reviewed coins.

Such Lithuanian statistics 8)



Wow, interesting information. Thank you for your photos and information :)

DonChori
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training
Posts: 129
Joined: Wed May 05, 2010 11:10 pm

Re: English speaking visitors in Lithuania euro thread

Postby DonChori » Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:48 am

Is it possible to change bills in Lithuanian banks? Or are change and ATMs the only sources?

nightman398
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie
Posts: 40
Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:04 pm
Location: Vilnius, Lithuania

Re: English speaking visitors in Lithuania euro thread

Postby nightman398 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:21 pm

DonChori wrote:Is it possible to change bills in Lithuanian banks? Or are change and ATMs the only sources?



I think, that Lithuanian banks don't change bills. You can change only in ATM.

RKPLt
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training
Posts: 95
Joined: Fri May 17, 2013 6:22 pm

Re: English speaking visitors in Lithuania euro thread

Postby RKPLt » Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:33 pm

Actually, you can change bills to another bills, but Swedbank will charge 4.5% (min.0.87€), DNB - 6%, Nordea and Medicinos bankas - 1%, and only Šiaulių bankas will take 0,1% 8O :D for changing euro banknotes between nominals. Believe me - you will seem strange to bank personal and receive many questions, but...
Info - http://www.sb.lt/en/populiariausias-turinys-privatiems/fees/cash-transactions/
Geros medžioklės! / Have a good hunt!

DonChori
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training
Posts: 129
Joined: Wed May 05, 2010 11:10 pm

Re: English speaking visitors in Lithuania euro thread

Postby DonChori » Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:01 am

Thanks for your reply! Can I expect to speak english in the bank?

nightman398
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie
Posts: 40
Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:04 pm
Location: Vilnius, Lithuania

Re: English speaking visitors in Lithuania euro thread

Postby nightman398 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:58 am

DonChori wrote:Thanks for your reply! Can I expect to speak english in the bank?


Yes, you can. Many lithuanians speak English, so don't worry about it. :)

DonChori
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training
Posts: 129
Joined: Wed May 05, 2010 11:10 pm

Re: English speaking visitors in Lithuania euro thread

Postby DonChori » Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:21 pm

nightman398 wrote:
DonChori wrote:Thanks for your reply! Can I expect to speak english in the bank?


Yes, you can. Many lithuanians speak English, so don't worry about it. :)

Thank you very much. Maybe you'll find one of my bills :D

nightman398
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie
Posts: 40
Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:04 pm
Location: Vilnius, Lithuania

Re: English speaking visitors in Lithuania euro thread

Postby nightman398 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:23 pm

DonChori wrote:
nightman398 wrote:
DonChori wrote:Thanks for your reply! Can I expect to speak english in the bank?


Yes, you can. Many lithuanians speak English, so don't worry about it. :)

Thank you very much. Maybe you'll find one of my bills :D


You're welcome. I hope, that you will find my bills :)

ludofaki
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training
Posts: 377
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:45 pm
Location: Nieuw-Weerdinge

Re: English speaking visitors in Lithuania euro thread

Postby ludofaki » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:21 pm

Hello my Lithuanian friends, tommorow will be my last day in your nice country. I brought some :note-10: and :note-100: and would like to take some money home.

Actually, I never had a :note-200: Is there a place in Vilnius where I can get one? Some specific ATM (in the city centre maybe). Which ATM's have choise of the notes you get, the DNB I used didn't have.

By the way, I think tomorrow I'll visit the money museum too ;)


Return to “Euro-seklių diskusijų vieta (Lietuvių)”