Moderators: Phaseolus, Fons, avij

aloxe
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Re: Euro cash dispensers outside the Euro zone

Post by aloxe » Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:43 pm

MDeen wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:09 am
Exchange rate for euros? All my euro withdrawals with ATMs in the UK were always charged in euro. No exchange rate involved.
It is something different when you withdraw GBP of course. Then you ususally have to take your own bank's rate, not the ATM rate.
aloxe wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:52 pm
A side note to tell that many rogue ATMs are also in Prague. They can provide euros to non euro card holders only.
ǝxoʃɐ • my other stats

SantaCruz
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular

Post by SantaCruz » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:26 pm

aloxe wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:43 pm
MDeen wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:09 am
Exchange rate for euros? All my euro withdrawals with ATMs in the UK were always charged in euro. No exchange rate involved.
It is something different when you withdraw GBP of course. Then you ususally have to take your own bank's rate, not the ATM rate.
aloxe wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:52 pm
A side note to tell that many rogue ATMs are also in Prague. They can provide euros to non euro card holders only.
They charge in GBP. No other options available (with my German debit card). I know it's kind of a scam. But I had very little time and wanted the dot, so I bit the bullet.
"Ich schneie hier mal rein, lass mal hier, mal da 'nen Schein und merke immer schnell: schöne Momente sollten länger sein." - Sportfreunde Stiller, Ungewöhnlich

SantaCruz
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular

Post by SantaCruz » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:26 pm

Antalya, Turkey: Several ATMs with Euros (and often USD, too) at the airport (international terminal, landside) and also in the area surrounding the old town, one ATM at the entrance of the Antalya Museum - :note-50: notes.
"Ich schneie hier mal rein, lass mal hier, mal da 'nen Schein und merke immer schnell: schöne Momente sollten länger sein." - Sportfreunde Stiller, Ungewöhnlich

Return to “Site and Euro-tracking Discussion (English)”