Euro tracking discussion in English

Moderators: Phaseolus, Fons, avij

Hokuzai
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie

Creating a dot Avatar

Post by Hokuzai » Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:13 pm

Hi,

here is a tip to create fast and often again your dot Avatar (using Windows). This avatar shows your main dot distribution. You should not be a Windows novice.

You must have this batch file (saving this 2 lines into a file "namethis.bat"):

call urltofile.exe LINK-TO-YOUR-EUROPE-CHART
c:\programme\irfanview\i_view32.exe europa.png /crop=(130,257,80,88) /convert=europacrop.gif

The "LINK-TO-YOUR-EUROPE-CHART" you must replace using the image link in your Profile-charts (europe chart) - right click to the image and you see the link.

You must also download my program urltofile.exe (http://www.jostjahn.de/software/urltofile.html) or another one for downloading the picture and the program IRFANVIEW (http://www.irfanview.com/) for cropping the picture. You must set the program path to IRFANVIEW (i_view32.exe) in the batch above.

Then you can run the batch using DOS (Command line) or Windows Start-Execute. The resulting image is named europacrop.gif in the batch folder. It shows Germany. Because the picture should be an avatar for your Forum profile, it must have 89x89 as a maximum.

If you would like other crops, you may set other limits. The values "130,257,80,88" in the second command for IRFANVIEW are the left upper position in x and y and the width and height of the image.

If you find your country limits, please post them.

If you know other methods to create dot avatars, please let me know.

This is just a tip, and you use it for your own risk. I hope you understand, what I mean...

Jost

wisi
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by wisi » Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:24 pm

If anyone is interested: i have a linux/bash/imagemagick-script to gernate my avatar too. just send me a pm to get it :)

Return to “Site and Euro-tracking Discussion (English)”