(OT?) Where's Where's George?

Euro tracking discussion in English

Moderators: avij, Phaseolus, Fons

Asiamaniac
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Re:

Post by Asiamaniac »

helloggs wrote: but I have tried several computers hooked to various German internet service providers (Versatel, O2, Arcor, T-Mobile) and I had no problems surfing WG with any of them.
I have tried, too, right now, and I am also "403 forbidden"
Meine Angst, dass die Autokorrektur einmal etwas Obszönes ausspuckt, wichst täglich.
Gnaeus
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

Re: (OT?) Where's Where's George?

Post by Gnaeus »

Also does not work with Austria Telekom here in :flag-at:

Fortunately the server at work is registered in the USA :wink:
tabbs
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by tabbs »

Got a note from a fellow tracker the other day; seems that "Where's George" has recently become a little less paranoid regarding users from outside the US. :) And sure enough, from t-online.de it now works. If you have any USD notes you want to enter there, try it out ...

Christian
roberdy
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by roberdy »

tabbs wrote:Got a note from a fellow tracker the other day; seems that "Where's George" has recently become a little less paranoid regarding users from outside the US. :) And sure enough, from t-online.de it now works. If you have any USD notes you want to enter there, try it out ...

Christian
Wow! Also from alice-dsl.de I'm having direct access at the moment. Image

Hopefully it won't be blocked anymore... :D
androl
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Location: München (Myeenack, Mjuncken), Deutschland (Chairmany, Djutschländ)

Post by androl »

tabbs wrote:And sure enough, from t-online.de it now works.
fact! I can access WG and Where's Willy again! (I think the WW page had the same restriction)

so I just entered my four CAD notes in my collection
http://www.whereswilly.com/report.php?k ... f4c1715714" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

it's interesting, they seem to use unique serials for all denominations, so you only have to enter the serial and they find out the denomination.
Joshu, a Chinese Zen master, asked a cow:
"Do you have Buddha-nature or not?"
The cow answered: "Moo."
Trucker Lee

Post by Trucker Lee »

Blame the spammers.

Several sites that I belong to have been plagued by spammers from both within the U.S. and from outside as well. IP addresses from which the problems originate are often blocked by site administrators and some programs. Disallowing the entire location identifier is simply the most efficient way to block the problem and protect the web resources for the non-abusers. All the administrators I know and talk to regret the need to do so, but feel those who feel the entire web is no more than a captive audience for their ads and mischief have forced their hand.
doiknow
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Post by doiknow »

Obviously WG went 'offline' again for some users. At least with my ISP I can't open the site. Using a proxy helps in this case, however this does not suppport me logging in...
One Currency, one Union, one Eurobilltracker...
My dots are of the same order as 10.
Jes
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Jes »

I am able to acceed the site. (don't know why actually, I even don't know which kind of router I do have, or which kind of IP I'm using :oops: )
Jes Speaks English, French, Spanish, Tokpisin and Esperanto. (Currently learning Swahili).
Don't fear perfection, you'll never reach it! (by Salvador Dali)
my EBT: http://es.eurobilltracker.com/profile/?user=121292" coins and banknote collector. :)
tabbs
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by tabbs »

This time I got the following:
Error Message

This site is currently unavailable
No idea whether they want to keep specific users out again. Could simply be a temporary technical problem.

Christian
doiknow
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Post by doiknow »

Well this is no temporal problem - that's the message they send you, if your IP is blocked. This temporaly is 'just to confuse' :lol: - change your IP and the site will run :roll:
One Currency, one Union, one Eurobilltracker...
My dots are of the same order as 10.
tabbs
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by tabbs »

Right, they still block certain users or ISPs. Tried a few things out today. And the way they do it is really odd: When I try to access the site using T-Online, I get the "we do not want you here" message (whatever the current wording is). And when I use T-Mobile - same country, same company/group - , I can get there just fine.

Ils sont fous, ces ... :mrgreen:

Christian
helloggs
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by helloggs »

As much as I enjoy traveling the west coast here, I really wish I could track $ on EBT, WG is such a joke. First, the page is loaded with adds which load every time you enter a note (only one number at a time can be entered, probably for this reason) then you don't have any decent stats at all and the stuff that they offer is always cached and takes ages to update. Not that it would be worth waiting for it. The worst is what happens when it tells you that you might have found a WG Bill: You go thru 3 steps where you have to verify that your data is actually correct and then it told me a) this is a note you just recently entered ( :roll: ) or, even worse, the note has no previous record in WG. Dunno how that can be possible.
To me WG seems to be just a cash cow for the Webmaster, who is obviously not even investing some of the money in new equipment (or why is everything cached) I really miss my EBT. And decent bread, and I have been here only for a week so far. :mrgreen:

Return to “Site and Euro-tracking Discussion (English)”