[WISH] Hits/Notes statistics

Euro tracking discussion in English

Moderators: avij, Phaseolus, Fons

diemo

[WISH] Hits/Notes statistics

Post by diemo »

Hi, a statistics I'm dearly missing is the ratio of Hits per Notes. First global, and then broken down by country and by note value. This would show how many notes one has to enter before reasonably expecting to get a first hit, and what note value to concentrate on. (I calculated ~200 for France and :note-5:ers seem to be the most frequent denomination.)

This might frustrate some casual users, but it certainly motivates me and maybe others to get going to reach that number!

Additionally, this would show the "critical mass effect" I expect to take place: From a certain number of notes in the system, the number of hits should rise faster than with a linear proportion. (But maybe my ad-hoc reasoning is totally wrong...)

What do you think?

Cheers...
...Diemo
Dioniz
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Re: [WISH] Hits/Notes statistics

Post by Dioniz »

diemo wrote:Hi, a statistics I'm dearly missing is the ratio of Hits per Notes. First global, and then broken down by country and by note value. This would show how many notes one has to enter before reasonably expecting to get a first hit, and what note value to concentrate on. This might frustrate some casual users, but it certainly motivates me and maybe others to get going to reach that number!
This kind of statistic would be very appreciated! I agree totally!
diemo wrote:Additionally, this would show the "critical mass effect" I expect to take place: From a certain number of notes in the system, the number of hits should rise faster than with a linear proportion. (But maybe my ad-hoc reasoning is totally wrong...)
I think that won't happen. Banks exchange old, used notes faster then we are entering them into the sistem. Additionally in three (I think) years new euro-notes are gradually comming. So, I think, there are going to be bigger and bigger time intervals within a hit and also more triple hits but that's quite normal prognosis, I guess.
My profile & EBTST & Hit-dots map
Hits: 616x :flag-si:, 277x :flag-at:, 52x :flag-de:, 24x :flag-it:, 10x :flag-nl:, 7x :flag-be:, 5x :flag-fi:, 5x :flag-sk:, 3x :flag-fr:, 1x :flag-ee:, 1x :flag-gr:, 1x :flag-hr:, 1x :flag-lt:, 1x :flag-pt:, 1x :flag-es:, 1x ME, 1x :flag-at: :flag-at:, 1x :flag-be: :flag-be:, 1x :flag-be: :flag-at:, 1x :flag-fr: :flag-de:
Flightdiary & Where's George?

Return to “Site and Euro-tracking Discussion (English)”